Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

What's the rarest title ever?

A lot of them have been unavailable for a very long time. My point is, which title was the hardest to acquire during its respective expansion?

I'd only assume stuff like ''Conqueror of Naxxaramas'' or ''Conqueror of Ulduar'' is ultra-rare simply because only 25 people per realm could have them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rank 1 Gladiator for sure
    Hard to say which season has the least active people

Pretty sure you get a title for opening the AQ gates - "Scarab Lord"

I'd say that's the rarest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scarab Lord or any rank 1 Gladiator rank, I think
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post

you'd think that, but sadly, there was an issue after cata, when Mounts, pets, titles, achievements became account wide, where there was a "way" to sell that title and mount, via making alts on the account with said mount and title, "joining the account" to the buyer's account, and then transfering the toon to it. Then they would separate the account. I remember seeing on High pop servers, Trade spam selling them.

The flawless victor

Death’s Demise is the only title I recognize.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Scarab Lord could be the one.

Quote Originally Posted by bearlolzx View Post
    The flawless victor
    LOL! What? Its only 10 wins in a row over 2k back in like WoTLK. Thats not rare.

flawless victor if you count titles that they removed from the game and from everyone who obtained it.

Deleted
    I think the TBC Season 1 title is the rarest.

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VTerpsichore View Post
    LOL! What? Its only 10 wins in a row over 2k back in like WoTLK. Thats not rare.

Something tells me you don't even have the achievement "Hot Streak"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bearlolzx View Post
    The flawless victor
    Never even heard of that one, it does seem pretty rare.

Fair point but you can get it even today by waiting for a new realm to open and transfering your hero there to open the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Death’s Demise is the only title I recognize.
    It's rare but to be honest a lot of people have it because it was available even after ICC25, when everyone was turbo-geared.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Scarab Lord could be the one.
    Aside from the title sharing bug that was already mentioned for this title, every new server that opened post-WotLK had the gates closed. You could move a max level over to the new server, join a guild of like-minded title farmers there, and get the title and mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scarab Lord is indeed the rarest imo.

There are some titles that used to be not so rare but nowadays are rare because it is not obtainable anymore and a lot of players who already got them kinda quit WoW.

Examples will be:

Classic/vanilla:High Warlord/Grand Marshal

TBC:Champion of the Naaru, Hand of A'dal

Wotlk:The Undying. The Immortal, Death's Demise, Champion of Ulduar, Conqueror of Ulduar, Obsidian Slayer.

Pretty much most of the realm first titles and the rank 1 Gladiators are rare specially from old expansions because a lot of the players who already got them quit and no longer playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by pitar99a View Post
    A lot of them have been unavailable for a very long time. My point is, which title was the hardest to acquire during its respective expansion?

I'd only assume stuff like ''Conqueror of Naxxaramas'' or ''Conqueror of Ulduar'' is ultra-rare simply because only 25 people per realm could have them.
    Conqueror of Ulduar was not a server first/only title it was just have 25 people not die on any boss fight however unlike Undying/Immortal you could do it in as many clears as possible where as Immortal/Undying required your whole raid not to die to a single boss in one run.

Though i use my Conq Of ulduar and think it is one of the rarest titles in the game, If you see people with the title 90% of the time it is Champion of Ulduar ( the 10 man version ) as not many people did it on 25 man due to having to pass up Alone in the darkness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair point but you can get it even today by waiting for a new realm to open and transfering your hero there to open the gate.
    This hasn't been true since Cataclysm launched, actually.

The questline is no longer in the game, and the gates are open by default on new realms now.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Aside from the title sharing bug that was already mentioned for this title, every new server that opened post-WotLK had the gates closed. You could move a max level over to the new server, join a guild of like-minded title farmers there, and get the title and mount.
    See above.

Quest line has been removed from the game, even on new servers since Cata.

Yeah but still, only ONE person per server can obtain it without cheating (or using a stupid loophole that costs $$).

That's kind of the definition of rare. Is there another title that only one person per server can have?

10+ Year Old Account
    You wouldn't be able to. They stopped allowing that to happen a long time ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but still, only ONE person per server can obtain it without cheating (or using a stupid loophole that costs $$).
    It wasn't just one person, even by legitimate means. There was a window to obtain it after the first person rung it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    You wouldn't be able to. They stopped allowing that to happen a long time ago.

- - - Updated - - -

It wasn't just one person, even by legitimate means. There was a window to obtain it after the first person rung it.
    IIRC only one person could get the mount but anyone who had the hammer could get the title during the event.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)