Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Not even close, and if you'd been playing the game longer than an expansion or two you'd know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post
    Not even close, and if you'd been playing the game longer than an expansion or two you'd know that.
    Been playing since 2005.

Shit raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Uldir is the worst though
    Okay. But in your original post you said ONE of the worst so Krigaren can’t call it incorrect based on him thinking Trial was worse.

Been playing since 2005.

Shit raid.
    Sorry, I assumed from your dumpster tier opinions that you were a newbie.

Whether you like Uldir or not, it is not even close to the worst raid when Trial of the Crusader and Dragon Soul exist. Better luck next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I assumed from your dumpster tier opinions that you were a newbie.

Whether you like Uldir or not, it is not even close to the worst raid when Trial of the Crusader and Dragon Soul exist. Better luck next time.
    Weird that you name dropped two raids that were better than Uldir. You're entitled to your wrong opinion though.

Spoken like someone who never did either of those raids.

(inb4 the pride saving reply of "no i totally did!!!")

10+ Year Old Account
    (inb4 the pride saving reply of "no i totally did!!!")
    I did though.

Dragon Soul had 2 shitty bosses (the last 2), Uldir it's the whole second half of the raid. I don't care if Dragon Soul "had reused assets", until spine it didn't require stupid class stacking though. Spine was horrible indeed. And Madness was super underwhelming (hey we're fighting a dragon, but we're fighting... some tentacles). Tbh Zul / Ghuun are reaching the levels of Spine in strict comp requirements before completely overgeared / nerfed.

Trial of the Crusader was pretty shit and began the trend of "why heal if disc can just bubble everyone", but tbh reliance on Disc was even worse on Lich King than Anub'arak and no one says ICC was a bad raid.

Faction Champions was probably the worst boss invented ever. The only thing I was doing whole fight was spamming cleanse, hammer of justice and fearing the felhunter, because let's make a fight where tanks are useless. No one liked this fight and most pugs couldn't do it even on normal difficulty so they would disband after 2 bosses.

P.S. And even if you argue Dragon Soul was overall worse, then we've been over 3 expansions away from there, you'd think encounter design would go forward instead of backward since then.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2018-11-03 at 01:06 PM.

The problem with Uldir is the dumb comp requirements on later mythic bosses.

Raid itself is cool enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    The problem with Uldir is the dumb comp requirements on later mythic bosses.

Raid itself is cool enough.
    Raid itself meaning what, visuals? sounds? lore?

Dumb comp requirements are a direct outcome of lack of thought & testing put into encounter design. Or things like Mother being cheesed to start in room no. 3 that was hotfixed 2 days into the second reset. These kind of loopholes should be patched during beta cycle.

Raid isn't bad, the advantages gained by certain class combos is a bit of a letdown on the G'huun (which isn't a very enjoyable fight at all). There's also way too much unavoidable trash in some areas. Raid tiers tend to improve as expansions go for the most part lately, so who knows.

Been playing since 2005.

Shit raid.
    Been playing for a pretty long time myself and I thought it was decent. Still on Mythic ghuun but fairly close to a kill after about a week 1/2 of prog.

Overall I enjoyed uldir. Didn’t enjoy mythrax that much but Ghuun is growing on me. I really love the intensity in p3 with specific overlaps like shrooms+wave+gaze. I liked Zek and vectis too. Fetid was mostly an RNG fight which was pretty dumb but after they nerfed it it’s a joke imo so I think fetid is probably the worst fight in uldir with mythrax as runner up. I liked the mechanics on mythrax but the FPS issues and the raid needing to be spread for a majority of time was annoying. I also don’t mind class stacking but we have a sizable roster and no recruitment issues so I could be biased since it’s not that difficult to get what we need.

I think the worst raid in the game is ToS. My guild stopped at 8/9M just to avoid burnout because the raid was filled with the same recycled garbage mechanics and attrition from those mechanics. Any of the bosses I found somewhat interesting could’ve also been a lot better like Host.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2018-11-03 at 08:55 PM.

Deleted
    Uldir is not that bad, definetly not the worst raid in game like c'mon

Tomb of Sargeras caused the most burnout of any raid.

Molten Core is definitely the worst raid in absolute terms if you don't judge for when it was released. It might be the worst raid even if you do.

Trial of the Crusader and Dragon Soul were worse than Uldir.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you seen pandaria 5m dungeon with rabbits, carrots and monkeys yet?

I doubt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Tomb of Sargeras caused the most burnout of any raid.

Molten Core is definitely the worst raid in absolute terms if you don't judge for when it was released. It might be the worst raid even if you do.

Trial of the Crusader and Dragon Soul were worse than Uldir.
    MC was created in a week since they didn't had any raid for that time period.
    Dungeon with mobs in it, but it turned out decent when you think about it
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vectis was honestly probably one of my favorite fights, I thought the debuff mechanic made the fight kind of fun.
    Vectis is a "follow the healing CD rotation" and it dies fight, I honestly don't know how that's mechanically challenging.

This is where the raid starts to slope: Fetid is an annoying fight and begins to introduce what I like to call "artificial" difficulty that's present in the raid. You're punished for having an unideal raid comp and the fight drastically gets more annoying and hard with an added melee.
    While I agree on the melee part, which is very noticable in Uldir, I think the artificial difficulty stuff is bullshit, there are logs of people killing it with suboptimal ammount of melee, however, melee having way too much downtime on this boss and traveltime between blobs make it a somewhat dumb design for melee.
    Zul is a horrible fight and also has another weakness of Uldir: class stacking. Rogues completely trivialize the fight and make what would be an otherwise semi-interesting fight into a snoozefest DPS race.
    Zul is perfectly doable with 0 rogues, and the "trivializes" the fight part is a bit out of touch, beating the second hexer spawns does make the fight easier, but is it mandatory for a kill? No, it's not. What you're saying is bring a fuckton of rogues and the boss dies, sure you will have an easier time but it the boss won't just flip over when he sees the ammount of rogues you've brought.
    Mythrax re-introduces the artificial difficulty: the more melee you have, the harder and more annoying the fight gets. A melee heavy comp makes the orb spawns hard to deal with, especially when you're swapping to the add. Phase two is completely trivialized by the stacking and warlock gate strat.
    Melee getting cucked again on this boss, cause of a big clusterfuck orbs in melee, but a Warlock gate strat? You can just run back and fourth between two spots, I don't see why a Warlock gate is mandatory. Warlock damage on the big add (from p1) is however a big plus. Trivialized by the stacking? Of what? Classes? Why?

Most annyoing thing about uldir is 4 gateways from Warlocks prenerf Ghuun, I'd argue the fight could've been done without 4 locks. The curve of the raid is pretty solid tho, the scenery is great, the last boss didn't die in the first reset, bosses aren't annoying to rekill, all in all, "Uldir is one of the worst raids so far" from my PoV is definitivelly not the case.
    Last edited by HzD; 2018-11-04 at 01:48 PM.

Uldir is a decent raid. Unlike your assessment, Vectis is my least favourite boss in there and Fetid is one of the better ones.

Fetid requires proper positioning, it is a great DPS check, requires well-timed use of mobility, has an element of surprise to it (random spawn for adds), while it makes up for all of this by being relatively easy to heal.

Raid comp is really annoying right now when you have a fixed roster in a casual raid guild with no alts.

You have to fit a demon hunter and monk into your melee/tank because there's absolutely no alternative for their dumb 5% damage buffs.

We just got to Fetid mythic and typically have 9 melee. Just a little bit stupid. There's only a few kills on warcraftlogs with 8 melee, none with 9 that I've seen.

There's been bosses before where an imbalance sucked, we did mythic Gul'dan with 9 ranged but it wasn't stupid like this.

I think mother is personally one of the worst fights ever implemented into the game. While it's okay to have these mechanics, that there are large stretches (depend on difficuluty) of time where you just stand around twiddling your thumbs is not though, it's just asinine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HzD View Post
    Vectis is a "follow the healing CD rotation" and it dies fight, I honestly don't know how that's mechanically challenging.
    I never said it was?

Quote Originally Posted by HzD View Post
    Zul is perfectly doable with 0 rogues
    I never said it wasn't?