Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Alliance equivalent of "Old Soldier" cinematic

So we got something that was supposed to be an equivalent of the gorgeous "Old Soldier" cinematic and about Alliance part of the story. Which is there....somewhere between another horde-centered cinematic about Saurfang, who is rapidly becoming another Thrall i terms of "savior of the day" character.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yup, Battle for Horde everyone, and the fanboys will still defend this bullshit. They wants us to play Horde alright.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

nah, still focused on Saurfang

No one wants to see a cinematic about Anduin and his pet dog reflecting on their failures.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    Yup, Battle for Horde everyone, and the fanboys will still defend this bullshit. They wants us to play Horde alright.
    The Horde fans aren't happy about this. Nobody is.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
    It's not about who's happy and who isn't. It's still another Horde-focused cinematic. BfA has 0 exposure to the Alliance 'story'. It's Horde story alright.

ThIs Is AnoThEr ExAmPlE oF HoRdE bIaS

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chase123 View Post
    No one wants to see a cinematic about Anduin and his pet dog reflecting on their failures.
    Yes, because watching Saurfang being a hypocrite is more interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by chase123 View Post
    I'll rather watch this, than yet another power struggle between some clans of the barbarian faction.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    Yes, because watching Saurfang being a hypocrite is more interesting?

When stuff like that happens in quests, calling Saurfang a hypocrite when Sylvanas is still around feels a bit off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post

When stuff like that happens in quests, calling Saurfang a hypocrite when Sylvanas is still around feels a bit off.
    oh jesus fuck am i gonna have to side with Saurfang to keep Zappy Boi safe?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post

In 'A Good War' Saurfang knew completely what they were up. Even the fact that it would have been a 'surprise' attack on the Night Elves. For him to bitch and cry about 'honor' is indeed hypocritical. I'm no Sylvanas fanboy, but I'd give it to her that Saurfang is one big crybaby in this scenario.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
    LOL

There are plenty of Horde fans that are tickled pink about it, they will sit there and will flat out deny that there is even the least bit of favoritism at all because they love the attention.

I just watched a cinematic where your King turned a Horde character into an asset for his plan. Not something I would call horde focused.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol sucks being the Alliance as always.

Quote Originally Posted by oblakoff View Post
    So we got something that was supposed to be an equivalent of the gorgeous "Old Soldier" cinematic and about Alliance part of the story. Which is there....somewhere between another horde-centered cinematic about Saurfang, who is rapidly becoming another Thrall i terms of "savior of the day" character.
    They're setting it up for another vol'jin rebellion 2.0.

The head dev writer is horde what did you expect? Alliance can never have anything great with the dev team favoring the horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    I just watched a cinematic where your King turned a Horde character into an asset for his plan. Not something I would call horde focused.
    You are missing the point.
    Again. Something that was suppose to explore the alliance storyline is all about the Horde and Saurfang.
    AGAIN.

Well, hopefully it all ends up in Alliance beheading Sylvanas and putting our puppet in the chair.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    I watched a cinematic where a king said his whole faction wasn't able to deal with one angry undead lady, and asked a brute in prison to save him and his people.

Not something I would call Alliance focused either.

This whole story is painting half of the Horde as traitors and the other half as mindless savages, while also painting the Alliance as incompetent and powerless against an enemy that has been defeated several times. It's dividing the fans of one faction and insulting the others. Well, it's really insulting all of them.

I guess their idea was that people having heated discussions about WoW online would draw people into the game, but I'm not sure if angering those that are already playing is a good plan...