Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    No one in this thread read the Novellas.

Saurfang is playing a role in a plan devised by himself and Sylvannas for how to effectively take Stormwind. So far its working as planned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I watched a cinematic where a king said his whole faction wasn't able to deal with one angry undead lady, and asked a brute in prison to save him and his people.

Not something I would call Alliance focused either.

This whole story is painting half of the Horde as traitors and the other half as mindless savages, while also painting the Alliance as incompetent and powerless against an enemy that has been defeated several times. It's dividing the fans of one faction and insulting the others. Well, it's really insulting all of them.

I guess their idea was that people having heated discussions about WoW online would draw people into the game, but I'm not sure if angering those that are already playing is a good plan...
    Yeah pretty much this. Weak incompetent Alliance yet again.

And they've also retconed Battle for Lordedaron to make it cannon that Saurafang could have easily killed Anduin and the Alliance soldiers there and ended the whole war if he wanted to. Like wtf

So the puny dumb Alliance are only even in BfA because of the mercy and discretion of the almighty badass horde
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I watched a cinematic where a king said his whole faction wasn't able to deal with one angry undead lady, and asked a brute in prison to save him and his people.

Not something I would call Alliance focused either.

This whole story is painting half of the Horde as traitors and the other half as mindless savages, while also painting the Alliance as incompetent and powerless against an enemy that has been defeated several times. It's dividing the fans of one faction and insulting the others. Well, it's really insulting all of them.

I guess their idea was that people having heated discussions about WoW online would draw people into the game, but I'm not sure if angering those that are already playing is a good plan...
    No, thats true. Callingt it alliance focused would be a bit hyperbolic, too. It didnt really advance the Alliance's or the Horde's character but mainily the plot.
    Which, I guess, is okay to be a bit miffed about, after the horde had the old soldier one, which definetely did explore what the Horde was about.

And yeah, the wording in that trailer could have been better. I don't think they wanted him to sound like Sauerfang was their only chance to defeat Sylvanas. The Alliance is on the offensive after all, so that would be nonsensical. But the whole "hey, Sauerfang, this war is getting costly - could you please start a civil war to make this easier?" angle did really not come across from Mr. Dramaqueen. Just the Curse of being Anduin, I guess
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    You are missing the point.
    Again. Something that was suppose to explore the alliance storyline is all about the Horde and Saurfang.
    AGAIN.
    Alliance only serves to make the horde story develop.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Alliance only serves to make the horde story develop.
    Since the Horde story only exists so that the plot makes any kind of sense (You are honorable! Now you are evil...okay, now you are boring for a while...okay and back to evil... hey, Sauerfang..could you take over? We need them to be honorable again!), I'm honestly not sure who got the better deal here. The guys who are shamefully underdeveloped or the guys whose development is a giant clusterfuck
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    nah, still focused on Saurfang
    whos basically alliance now
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    Well, hopefully it all ends up in Alliance beheading Sylvanas and putting our puppet in the chair.
    Alliance Saurfang beheads sylvanas and rejoins the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Yeah pretty much this. Weak incompetent Alliance yet again.

And they've also retconed Battle for Lordedaron to make it cannon that Saurafang could have easily killed Anduin and the Alliance soldiers there and ended the whole war if he wanted to. Like wtf

So the puny dumb Alliance are only even in BfA because of the mercy and discretion of the almighty badass horde
    Well, we can see now how worthy was the title of THE superpower of Azeroth from MoP. "But you had SoO", which didn't mean shit. The story was from the horde about horde for the horde with a sprinkle of Varian empty threats. SoO had no repercissions other than said "Horde's weaker now" which isn't wasn't even true.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

Old Soldier was all horde, this was more like 50/50 focus. Maybe 60/40 in alliance favor due to having that purely alliance intro as well.

Saurfang still stole the show obviously, because this is about his story arc.

Who says Saurfang is going to save the day though? He doesn't exactly have universal support. If anything I'm seeing more and more of an intentional schism to the point where "third faction" is becoming a real possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post

Saurfang is playing a role in a plan devised by himself and Sylvannas for how to effectively take Stormwind. So far its working as planned.
    Are these distinct from old war and its counterpart? Because that all happened before Teldrassil. I get the feeling the wedge has been driven and they aren't pretending anymore, especially with that assassination attempt. Sylvanas doesn't trust him anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post

Would be amusing but in poor taste.

The one thing I count on is that nothing is as it seems. Hopefully it won't be as bad as I expect it to be.

But hey, maybe Golden can convince Blizz to make a cinematic about Anduin sitting around and talking about his feelings. No Horde involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Old Soldier was all horde, this was more like 50/50 focus. Maybe 60/40 in alliance favor due to having that purely alliance intro as well.

Saurfang still stole the show obviously, because this is about his story arc.

Who says Saurfang is going to save the day though? He doesn't exactly have universal support. If anything I'm seeing more and more of an intentional schism to the point where "third faction" is becoming a real possibility.

Are these distinct from old war and its counterpart? Because that all happened before Teldrassil. I get the feeling the wedge has been driven and they aren't pretending anymore, especially with that assassination attempt. Sylvanas doesn't trust him anymore.

Sylvannas didn't even trust NATHANOS with the details of war of thorns. And all of this, designed by Sylvannas and Saurfang, was for the end goal of taking Stormwind.

I have faith that this is all part of the plan...even the assassination attempt. Have to convince everyone...and now Sylvannas knows Saurfang successfully got Anduin on his side. He had to kill those horde players to fully sell the ruse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?