Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordie View Post
    I like how the two options are 1. buggy unfinished shitty game or 2. Mobile Game.

Like, what? There are millions of in betweens why are we pretending those are the two only options?
    Because the people defending Blizzard are illogical. They could have shown us a "D" with four lines through it and everyone would have cheered.

Quote Originally Posted by Staboteur View Post
    Like has been said people are mad because they hyped Diablo up in a video a while back & then had Diablo as the first thing on after Opening ceremony which would make you believe it's something good and not just a mobile game for a franchise which is mostly all PC gamers.

All they had to do was have "Diablo 4" up on a fiery background right at the end and people would have looked passed the mobile game.

Nintendo did that a while back announcing Metroid Prime 4 and people went crazy just for the title against a background, no gameplay/details/timeframe & Bethesda did something similar at this E3, revealed a mobile ES game but then at the end did their ES6 teaser.
    Haha, I just said that. But agree 100%. Blizzard needs a new marketing team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    For my own part I don't think a D4 is really in the works. D3 was not received well although it did tons of business.

Going back to classic ARPG design would just be tracking back over D2 territory. Blizzard rarely does that with new iterations of games.

Despite what some believe I think a remastered D2 will eventually come out although I can easily see an argument why it wouldn't (Blizzard obviously going for multi-platform games for their IP's for one thing. They also need more new IP's instead of rehashing Warcraft/Diablo over and over).

I don't ever see a Diablo MMO coming out of Blizzard whether it be D4/5/6 or any other number you care to choose.
    Considering this seems to be the MMO diablo, I really doubt we will see one.

I will play it to see, personally I would have prefered they released this for the switch instead of D3.
    Here is to hoping immortal will be cross-platform. No, I'm not going to call it a Diablo game.

Anything from this list would have been better:
    Announce nothing.
    D1 or D2 Remaster
    D3 Hero pack.
    D3 Expansion
    D4
    Diablo MMO that is cross-platform.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    They could have demoed a buggy and incomplete d4 to headline blizzcon but blizz took massive heat for BfA being buggy and incomplete. They were under tremendous fire from fans for rushing the xpac out. So they are taking their time with d4 to get it right, even if it means a diablo mobile game headlines blizzcon. I think its a great sign so stop complaining.
    Sigh. They didn't rush BfA out. It was 2 years between Legion and BfA...the same amount of time as most other expansions and actually 3 months longer than WoD to Legion.

They simply tried to do this expansion on the cheap. They leveraged graphic artists this time instead of focusing on overall development.

Stop excusing profitable corporations' bad behavior. They will never get better if they get away with pulling these stunts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I honestly thought that the worst case scenario for me would be a Diablo 1 remaster instead of 2 and somehow I left even more heartbroken. This is very disappointing but good job to the cinematics team, The cinematic trailer looked pretty good.
    I agree on the cinematic, it was pretty awesome.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    That's not a valid reason to be mad.

You should be a fan of Blizzard because you love the games, not because of what they show / don't show at a Blizzcon.

I mean honestly....
    Blizzard are not your high overlords. they make entertainment for a living. much like anything in life if you dont like it you are allowed to show that. goes for anything you DO like you are allowed to show your support. this is how any entity knows they are doing the right or wrong thing.

If you're a fan of a football team and they decide to hire a new coach that hasnt done anything note worth, or they let a decent player go. You make it know that the team made a bad decision.

What you are asking for is evangelism

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    It hurts inside
    For once, I agree with you.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Quote Originally Posted by Staboteur View Post
    Like has been said people are mad because they hyped Diablo up in a video a while back & then had Diablo as the first thing on after Opening ceremony which would make you believe it's something good and not just a mobile game for a franchise which is mostly all PC gamers.

All they had to do was have "Diablo 4" up on a fiery background right at the end and people would have looked passed the mobile game.

Nintendo did that a while back announcing Metroid Prime 4 and people went crazy just for the title against a background, no gameplay/details/timeframe & Bethesda did something similar at this E3, revealed a mobile ES game but then at the end did their ES6 teaser.
    This. They've been talking about multiple Diablo projects in the pipeline, and not a single mention of them. We know D1 is coming. D2 remaster is obvious at this point, with the W3 remaster. Something bigger than this was and is being hired for. They didn't even mention the Switch port, and that's a pretty big release.

Whoever calls the shots on what's announced onstage miscalculated here, big time. The Diablo franchise has been starving for anything, any news, hints, the merest crumbs, for a long time. This is not what all of us Diablo fans were hungry for. They missed a MASSIVE opportunity to keep the hype up, and hint at other things, and say "And, for now....this!"

Imagine if it was the time for a new expansion reveal for WoW, and Ion came out and announced a mobile pet battle game, and nothing about the actual MMO. That's how Diablo fans feel right now.

I am not a die-hard Diablo fan, however I have always liked to play the franchise for burst periods of time (like a week of nonstop play of D2 or D3 and then no play for half a year). I am hugely disappointed, frustrated and sad.

I am sad because it is not WoW or Diablo is dying. It is because Blizzard is. This company is no longer "it's ready when it's ready" and soon (tm), pushing brave ideas maybe to work on them later on. Right now they are pushing the worst ideas, rushing content and only checking how much we as the playerbase can accept.

The same shit applies to 8.1 in December and no raid until next year. It would be acceptable if they actually spent that time making game great again. But I know they won't and we will have more of the same broken content. I regret falling into trap of buying longer gametime early into BfA. Glad that I did not hype too much about Diablo.
    S.H.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Actually Blizzard hyped them working on multiple projects in Diablo universe, People went totally insane with Diablo4, Blizzard warned people that it wasnt going to be Diablo4, Blizzard revealed 1 of those projects, people went batshit crazy that it wasnt Diablo4 like they expected.
    its not just that people expected D4 .. most people got it after the bluepost that we get no D4 announcement .. but no d2 remastered or even some content for current D3 they gave the playerbase nothing what they asked for

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    Considering this seems to be the MMO diablo, I really doubt we will see one.
    The features as advertised are not that much more MMO(ish) than D3 which has plenty of stuff in it for coop play.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The features as advertised are not that much more MMO(ish) than D3 which has plenty of stuff in it for coop play.
    Was referring to the "capital city" which will have random people running around.
    And the public zones where you will see random people as well.

Deleted
    Tbh they are clearly NOT developing this, they only allow those Chinese guys to use their IP. If they were doing it for real at least the game would actually look good.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They could have even lead with the rumors surrounding the Diablo Netflix series and it would have been received in a more positive light than this.

This is... this is the example folks would jokingly use as "it could get worse" if the Diablo 3 panel was just a boring Switch spotlight and even that would have been better.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    Tbh they are clearly NOT developing this, they only allow those Chinese guys to use their IP. If they were doing it for real at least the game would actually look good.
    Yeah you can clearly see what has been made by Blizzard (cinematic) and what has been made by the Chinese company(everything ingame) The difference is night and day

I find it ridiculous, any half-decent game designer will tell you that if you are adding a virtual button to your touch screen for a phone game, you're not either not chosing the right genre for your device or you chose the wrong device for your genre. The fact that the gameplay looks like it's exactly diablo 3 doesn't help with the reception at all. And the fact that they mention MMO-like features makes it feel even more like it should be on the PC. It's all around an awful reveal (even though I am not in the band wagon that expected diablo 4 after they told us not to last week)

That said, I think that "is this an april fool's joke guy" is a joke himself, any half decent human being wouldn't want to be recorded on screen trying to ruin a public event like that, no matter how valid his concerns were. I certainly wouldn't hire him if I saw him in an interview afterwards

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    That said, I think that "is this an april fool's joke guy" is a joke himself, any half decent human being wouldn't want to be recorded on screen trying to ruin a public event like that, no matter how valid his concerns were. I certainly wouldn't hire him if I saw him in an interview afterwards
    I think everyone who was watching that had that reaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    We can all argue about expectations and announcements until we are blue in the face.

That guy up on stage tonight totally lost his composure and his train of thought after he saw the negative audience reaction. I feel sorry for him in a way, he genuinely thought people were going to go mad for Diablo Mobile. So sad.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard unlisted the trailer video when it hit 100k dislikes and re-listed it so the launcher shows a unlisted video instead that has less dislikes, they also are deleting negative comments, the streamer Datmodz had his comment on the video deleted.

Also the game is a copy of the companies 10 other games that look exactly like it, look up the videos of their other games.
    Last edited by Torched; 2018-11-03 at 02:04 AM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Allatar View Post
    We can all argue about expectations and announcements until we are blue in the face.

That guy up on stage tonight totally lost his composure and his train of thought after he saw the negative audience reaction. I feel sorry for him in a way, he genuinely thought people were going to go mad for Diablo Mobile. So sad.
    He looked like he wanted to cry before leaving the stage. He is just a minion more than likely as he does not make decisions, just designs. The scummy upper management are the people to blame here.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Joke or not, it's a valid concern and a very valid question. They said multiple projects we got a mobile piece of crap. Imagine the guy in that "public" event. He paid quite a fucking lot to be there, from the ticket to other expenses and lets just speculate for the arguments sake that he mostly cared about Diablo. He basically got a slap in the face, so his question is very valid and worth pushing out in the light as most of the people feel the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.