Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Blizzcon Day One Feelings.

So With day one mostly over what do feel about the news today? how would you rank everything?

Opening (8/10)
    Was good overall, was sad to watch Mike pass the tourch so to speak, but he looked happy to have had the time he had with us. The reveals at least for me, where grate overall with the high point (And it is a BIG high) being warcraft 3 reforged. the weaker points where SC2 getting a quick "We are here, really" spot at the start, and Diablo getting the "WTF, lol" prize of the day.

Diablo (5.5/10)
    Best I can think to describe it is maybe a little tone deaf I guess. Admittedly after the shock value has worn down as the day goes on I feal I'm, not exactly warming to it, but at least willing to let it be (For me Metroid prime federation force held much the same spot, and I ended up liking the game overall), hopefuly it turns out good and encourages them to push for D4

Overwatch (9/10)
    Overall it went well, the new hero looks fun, and I'm almost cretin Bob will become a meme at some point. I liked hearing about the some of the back story on all of the development, and the cinematic was good. One thing I would have liked to see was a new map.

Hearthstone (8/10)
    Rastakhan’s Rumble looks interesting, and my god I can't get that song out of my head... Wish they had a few more cards to show, and they really need to come up with a better way of "voting" for card reveals, of course the second one always wins they know how much they need to cheer to win...

World of Warcraft (7/10)
    Well this one was odd for me, overall it was good, but I wish they kept more in line with leaving 7.1 (I feel they got cheeky with it by making it 7.1.5...) with just a release date, I feel they had to much time giving us things most already know, and I had a giggle at how they stealth delayed the new Allied races, but ohh well. I loved "Lost Honor" it gives so more feeling behind Saurfang which I like. I do like the new zones, and it's hilarious how blatant the Alliance allied race set up is lol... "The horde get these 3 old model NPC races to help them, and the Alliance gets this one Totally new and unique race to help them", I just REALLY REALLY hope this doesn't mean Sethrak end up not getting in at all due to Horde Getting Vulpera and Ally getting the new fish men. As a side note are Horde only players peeved at having to work with gnomes? Thought that was funny. Lastly I really wish they had given us some actual info on the future of AR's.

Heroes of the Storm (6.5/10)
    The new hero looks fun, and her animated short was cool, but overall the presentation was kind of boring in all honesty. Most times they give us 2-3 new heroes to expect + a new map, and I feel we got substantially less then in past years. Yes it's fun to hear about how much fun you have making skins but I would prefer to here about this new map and what interesting things you can do on it. I just hope this doesn't mean that HotS is slowing down.

Warcraft 3 Reforged (The game itself 10/10) (The panel 6/10)
    What did we really gain from this panel? It was my most anticipated thing from the list today and it turned into this slow monotone slog about how exited everyone is to be working in it, their experiences working on SC:Re, and some super general design philosophy... I found myself kind of tuneing the thing out and I was only text chatting with a friend at the time...

As for what I wanted I would have loved for them to get into a few more of the campaigning missions, or maybe exhibit a new custom game they made with the new editor to show off what it can do above and beyond the last one, or maybe a show match between the devs (with orcs and Humans considering they look the most done.). As it stands I'm still REALLY hyped for the game but next time can we get some more of the game and less "I'm so honerd to be working on it".

Note: I'm not saying they showed nothing but they didn't show very much sadly.

Overall (7.5)
    Some grate high point's, a few umm... less high points, and a big lack of SC day 1 lol.

Final thoughts... WHERE THE HELL ARE MY SNEKS! past that lol, I liked what I was showed, and I know slower years can happen every so often so some of the more lacking fields make sense, I am just prone to always wanting more!

How about you all? Love it? Hate it? Let's here what you thought.
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2018-11-03 at 02:49 AM.

So far I have seen nothing that would have made a virtual ticked worth it for me, I think I made the right choice by not giving Blizzard money .

Never played Hots, HS, OW, so I could care less.

WoW a solid 2/10
    Diablo -100/10
    WC3 Remastered 7/10

Overall -30/10

I'm extremely happy I unsubbed and didn't buy a virtual ticket. Very very dissapointed in Blizzard.

Hmm, might want to consider editing your second sentence Other than that i can sum up my PERSONAL overall opinion of Blizzcon (Day 1) in 1 word, Shameful!

10+ Year Old Account
    Was still debating getting a virtual ticket up 'til last night.

Damn, am I glad I didn't. Had been joking about the only Diablo announcement being a mobile game for a while, but deep down was dreading it. What a massive, massive disappointment.

Nothing much from WoW to speak of. Yay, more expeditions. More warfront stuff. Yes, a new patch is coming, who would have guessed it?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-11-04 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

I'm at the con. Pretty great, lots of hype for the titles I play. Bit disappointed with Diablo but it was expected.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe someone can help me clear this up did everyone get Destiny 2 for free or was that ticket holders only? Have been wondering this all day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I'm at the con. Pretty great, lots of hype for the titles I play. Bit disappointed with Diablo but it was expected.
    It's grate to hear you've had a grate day! did you get to try any demos yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razekiel View Post
    Hmm, might want to consider editing your second sentence Other than that i can sum up my PERSONAL overall opinion of Blizzcon (Day 1) in 1 word, Shameful!
    Wow, don't know how I managed that one lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    [meme]
    I salute you for your sacrifice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Maybe someone can help me clear this up did everyone get Destiny 2 for free or was that ticket holders only? Have been wondering this all day.
    I think everyone with an active sub got one? Was sitting in my gifts on the battle.net app as soon as Blizzcon started.

7+ Year Old Account
    I got it and i didn't buy a ticket and i don't have a active sub.

It's grate to hear you've had a grate day! did you get to try any demos yet?
    Yeah I did Classic, W3 remastered, Heroes, Overwatch and Diablo Immortal
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    fucking nailed it.

some of us aren't 14 years old and played old school Blizzard games, if this is the future blizzard games aren't for me anymore, and looking at the votes on the diablo immortal trailer it's not for 97% of the population either!

also how the fuck is diablo 5.5?

that's the most generous rating ever, try knocking off another 5 and you're almost there!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I think everyone with an active sub got one? Was sitting in my gifts on the battle.net app as soon as Blizzcon started.
    Huh, well that's cool I guess lol, I just thought they had given out an extra freebe to the ticket holders.

Final thoughts... WHERE THE HELL ARE MY SNEKS!
    Amen, Brother. Amen.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

I think the Diablo panel was fine. The game looks good. I think people were just primed and pumped for Diablo 4 and were, instead, given a mobile game.

The Overwatch panel was solid. They really disected the new hero and gave you all the backstory. Loved it.

Hearthstone is a children's card game, so I skipped the panel.

WoW's panel was good. I think the real thing they were lacking was a new allied race announcement. Either we are not getting one or they are holding off the announcement for later (considering it will likely be April/May before 8.2 comes out). The new zones look pretty and the new content looks fun. I just wish more of it would release sooner rather than later.

The HotS panel was good. Very meat and potatoes, addressing real issues the fans have with the game. I liked it but it was a bit boring.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Very basic maintenance on HotS, HS and Overwatch. The panel for HotS made it seem to be by far the most ambitious among the three, which makes no sense but whatever.

WoW content actually seems OK, not amazing but some nice kit. Nothing about the miserable state of class design though so I know I'll never play it.

Warcraft 3 looks...middling. If they can fix the UI and the color work, it'll help and I worry about modern Blizzard trying to rebalance the game.

Diablo, what should be the star of the event, is fully in the shitter

Starcraft is a dead franchise

3 out of 10. Honestly, it felt like the only thing Blizzard had to show were a few cute girls.
    Last edited by BlueRemedy; 2018-11-03 at 03:03 AM.

Very underwhelming... but there's always the Community event at the end of Day 1 that I enjoy.

Opening 4/10: Extremely weak, only 1 decent reveal that is actually anything new for Blizzcon (that is good)

Diablo 1/10: Absolutely insulting and disgraceful to the Diablo name and further confirmation of Blizzard being more greedy than ever. With these netease devs reskinning some garbage to look like Diablo.

World of Warcraft 8/10: 8.1 being still a month away is certainly disappointing, but I liked the look and feel of everything else coming in BFA. Both the new zones seem quite fun and interesting, and happy for a new megadungeon.

Overwatch 5/10: Nothing to deviate from the same expected stuff every Blizzcon.... new map, new hero. Yup.

Heroes of the Storm 4/10: Same reasoning as Overwatch but I think HOTS needs a shot in the arm

Hearthstone: 5/10: Again the same expected things, nothing really exciting when you know exactly what type of content will be announced.

Warcraft 3: Reforged 10/10: Great reveal and looks fantastic, the only noteworthy thing from Blizzcon this year.

Overall: Fuck blizzard. 4/10.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRemedy View Post
    Very basic maintenance on HotS, HS and Overwatch

WoW content actually seems OK, nothing about the miserable state of class design though so auto ignore.

Diablo, what should be the star of the event, is fully in the shitter

3 out of 10. Blizzard is losing it if their only content of merit across all of their games is a couple of cute girls.
    exactly how i feel, 8.1 looks fun but my class isn't fun to play i'm not going to reroll, stop pruning stop ruining specs and make them fun, then the content is fun.

The event as a whole as been pretty disappointing so far. Diablo announcement as trash, I don't really care much about HOTS or Hearthstone. It was the WoW and Overwatch announcements that didn't do it for me. Overwatch needed more than just a new hero. It needs a story mode. The way they're distributing lore in this game is fucking pathetic. At first it was fine, but now it's getting old. WoW also needed more but it was decent.