Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care for HotS so didn't even look at that, I saw Hearthstone but don't care much for it. I've played Diablo 3 and enjoyed it, and it could be cool as an MMO game. As a mobile game, I don't really like it. It looks cheap and tacky and makes me think of those adds on Facebook and such where the character levels up and gets fancier armour. If you could play it on PC it could be alright but another attempt at micro transactions leave a sour taste. The reactions so far from Blizzard such as re-uploading the video and deleting comments is disgusting and like putting your fingers in your ears and blocking it all out.

Overwatch was pretty cool. New heroes, another cinematic, solid enough for me as a casual player. Warcraft 3 remaster is great and I will most likely get it with Battle.net Balance, but I'm concerned the Humans look too realistic compared the WoW/Warcraft 3 Humans. World of Warcraft Cinematic was nice to see for Anduin and also Malfurion not being completely shit for once. Unfortunately 8.1 release and 8.1.5 not being until 2019 kills any chance of anything exciting in the next few months. There's nothing really that builds any hype for BFA for me in the panel, with no standouts like Allied Races. I really don't like Gnomes so Mechagon/Mechagnomes are dull and I don't play Tauren heritage armour wise.

Overall I'm pretty meh. I've not been blown away honestly.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    fucking nailed it.

some of us aren't 14 years old and played old school Blizzard games, if this is the future blizzard games aren't for me anymore, and looking at the votes on the diablo immortal trailer it's not for 97% of the population either!
    In the end jokes aside I do here that mobile games are still doing well so ignoring that market probably isn't a good choice, this just came at a really poor time lol... if they had dropped a D2 remaster, D3 exp, or anything else really in addition to this to cater to the normal Diablo crowed, maybe it would have made the whole thing easier to accept. Another possibility is if they had announced this a few months ago, and today given us the cinematic so as not stigmatize this as having "wasted" a blizzcon on a mobile app.
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2018-11-03 at 03:06 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    The event as a whole as been pretty disappointing so far. Diablo announcement as trash, I don't really care much about HOTS or Hearthstone. It was the WoW and Overwatch announcements that didn't do it for me. Overwatch needed more than just a new hero. It needs a story mode. The way they're distributing lore in this game is fucking pathetic. At first it was fine, but now it's getting old. WoW also needed more but it was decent.
    Overwatch has absolutely no ambition. Such a waste of a strong launch.

i expected nothing and was still disappointed.

dont care about warcraft 3
    dont care about overwatch
    dont care about heroes of the whatever
    dont care about hearthstone
    wow was nothing new, just a bit elaboration on known stuff
    sc2-wise i only care about the wcs finals and not some singleplayer commander shit
    and well, diablo is self explanatory

so glad i didnt buy virtual ticket

Not a single mention of class design.

I guess everyone is obsessed with fashion, races, and just overall lore.

If classes aren't fixed by 8.1, sub count is going to drop even further.

I am predicting around 1.5M subs.

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    i expected nothing and was still disappointed.

dont care about warcraft 3
    dont care about overwatch
    dont care about heroes of the whatever
    dont care about hearthstone
    wow was nothing new, just a bit elaboration on known stuff
    sc2-wise i only care about the wcs finals and not some singleplayer commander shit
    and well, diablo is self explanatory

so glad i didnt buy virtual ticket

Well, yeah. You would be an idiot to buy a ticket for an event where you don't care about 80%of the games

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRemedy View Post
    Overwatch has absolutely no ambition. Such a waste of a strong launch.
    That feels like the theme of this Blizzcon. Since ironically Overwatch and Heroes probably had the most ambition of all their games.

A reskinned mobile game for Diablo, WoW cutting back on major features and reeking of a panicking dev team reallocating resources out of 8.2/3 and into 9.0. More revamps of old games instead of making new games. At least Overwatch had a good chunk of new content, including *gasp* new lore. Same goes for Heroes.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    In the end jokes aside I do here that mobile games are still doing well so ignoring that market probably isn't a good choice, this just came at a really poor time lol... if they had dropped a D2 remaster, D3 exp, or anything else really in addition to this to cater to the normal Diablo crowed, maybe it would have made the whole thing easier to accept. Another possibility is if they had announced this a few months ago, and today given us the cinematic so as not stigmatize this as having "wasted" a blizzcon on a mobile app.
    as most have said, they'd have been happier with nothing at all, so blizzard should have just released it whenever, not related it to blizzcon and given people nothing, they said it themselves nothing at all is better than Diablo immortal.

i know mobile games are doing well but people aren't buying blizzard games nor interested in blizzard because of mobile, they want PC games and bringing hearthstone to mobile is fine, but Diablo? no no-one wanted this and blizzard weren't smart enough to realise it, i hope the backlash blizzard gets is nasty, they need a slap in the face, they weren't listening with BfA, now they're not listening with Diablo.

burn your bridges for money blizzard see how it works out in the long run.

Say what you want but Darin De Paul is nailing this MC job compared to the previous C-list celebrities!

It all felt so pointless aside from WC3 remastered.

Like I'm sitting here thinking "Did they need a con for this?"
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow: 5/10 mounts and pets aren’t content blizzard
    Overwatch: who fucking cares/10
    Starcraft: 10/10 wanted coop commander. Got one.
    Diablo: 0/10 what the fuck are you thinking?
    Hots: 6/10 orphea looks fun and is cute
    Hearthstone: see overwatch

Overall: 4/10 see me after class

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    It all felt so pointless aside from WC3 remastered.

Like I'm sitting here thinking "Did they need a con for this?"
    Sad as it is to say, this con wasn't for the games, nor the gamers. This con was for optics and investors.

Could you imagine the panic that would have ensued if Blizz said "Yeah we don't really have any big games coming next year so we're just gonna cancel this Blizzcon?"

Nice, Streaming's broke during Community Night event.

Connection breaking for anyone else?

edit: It's back. Just had to open it in a new tab.

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't very impressed by WoW - either by retail or Classic. I look forward to seeing Nazjatar and the rest of the heritage armors (tauren was awesome), but that's about it.
    (And from a lore perspective, Lost Honor just reinforced my dislike for Saurfang)

Heroes of the Storm... eh, cool. Don't really care about the lore, but the cinematic was pretty cool. Orphea looks interesting.
    I'm excited to see what hero will be revealed day 2 (I'm assuming BlizzCon tradition will be followed and we get a second reveal).

Overwatch was good. The cinematics never disappoint, and the new hero looks pretty fun, too. Solid performance all around.

Warcraft 3 Reforged - oh man.
    I loved Warcraft 3 as a kid, I loved it as a teenager, and I love it as an adult. The hype for Reforged is real, and I haven't hyped anything for years. I'm very excited to play it (December '19 can't come fast enough).

Hearthstone is Hearthstone. Couldn't care less about Diablo.

Giving day one a 4/10.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-11-03 at 03:27 AM.

Wow - 9/10: At first I was really "meh" on the whole thing. But when they announced the Gnome stuff I got really excited as I really enjoy and like Gnomes, I also love the Naga stuff. The Goblin and Worgen models are gorgeous. The only real disappointment was no announcement for new allied races, and that they used a big chunk of the panel to talk about 8.1.
    Starcraft - 2/10: I expected nothing, and got nothing. Just coop commander, still no new mission pack, or expansion or anything...Oh well.
    Diablo - -1/10: Are you kidding me, what a shitshow. I expected a remaster or an expansion, but just a mobile game, not even a tease for anything else? I felt bad for Wyatt Cheng, it wasn't his choice to do this but...wow. The moment "Mobile" was mentioned the crowd just went silent, and it got painful to watch.
    Hots 7/10: Orphea is amazing! The Janitor Leoric skin is also amazing. I really love what they have planned for the future, but the panel was a bit slow. All in all, nothing spectacular but it was good nonetheless!
    Hearthstone - X/X: I'm not really much into Hearthstone but the expansion looks okay. I really didn't care for it so I didn't watch the panel. It didn't seem bad though, just the usual Blizzcon Hearthstone announcement.
    Overwatch - 5/10: Not too interested in a new hero, so Ashe didn't interest me much. The new cinematic was amazing and I loved to see more lore...Still. It would be nice to get more content, especially PvE content outside of events.
    Warcraft 3 Reforged - 10/10: Yes... Yeees...YEEES!
    Last edited by Gurluas; 2018-11-03 at 03:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Opening 4/10: Extremely weak, only 1 decent reveal that is actually anything new for Blizzcon (that is good)
    Ehh I give them a little more credit here for WoW cinematic, and I did get a little sad to see mike handing things off but I can see why you could be disappointed.

Diablo 1/10: Absolutely insulting and disgraceful to the Diablo name and further confirmation of Blizzard being more greedy than ever. With these netease devs reskinning some garbage to look like Diablo.
    Ya like I said It feels really tone def to what Diablo needs at the minute. the only thing I will say is I have had game suprise me in the past that I thought would crash and burn so I wont send it to the trash until I actually get to try it.

World of Warcraft 8/10: 8.1 being still a month away is certainly disappointing, but I liked the look and feel of everything else coming in BFA. Both the new zones seem quite fun and interesting, and happy for a new megadungeon.
    Good to see that you enjoyed the new stuff, I like you love the new zones, I just don't like that the new Allied races got pushed back to 8.1.5, I also wish we spent more time on patch 8.2+ like they said in that blue post a few days ago, but we ended up with 8.1.5 for about half of the panel. Ohh well.

Overwatch 5/10: Nothing to deviate from the same expected stuff every Blizzcon.... new map, new hero. Yup.
    Maybe It's just that Overwatch is still the new kid on the block for me lol but I still seem to give them a little more leeway here, but like you and some others have pointed out they do need something new sooner or later to keep things interesting.
    Heroes of the Storm 4/10: Same reasoning as Overwatch but I think HOTS needs a shot in the arm
    I agree here, at least to me it seems the content flow has slowed down this last year or so, not only that but we got a history of more in the past that kind of disheartens me here. This is the kind of game that needs the continuous flow of content to keep it going, and this looks to be nothing but a trickle, at blizzcon no less.

Hearthstone: 5/10: Again the same expected things, nothing really exciting when you know exactly what type of content will be announced.
    Given the natuer of card games I guess there ain't much they can do here but something like booms puzzles as a neat side addition would be nice.

Warcraft 3: Reforged 10/10: Great reveal and looks fantastic, the only noteworthy thing from Blizzcon this year.
    Love to see someone as Hyped as me, like I said in my post I just wish the panel itself was a little more substantial.

Overall: Fuck blizzard. 4/10.
    I'm not near that far yet lol, I still believe they are at least trying, I just get the feeling that they suffer from the same problems that Nintendo has where they get some bad chains of ideas and they will suffer from it for some time, but eventual they will find their groove again, and then they will be fine.

If this Diablo announcement gets a 5.5, what would they have to do to get a genuinely low grade?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Say what you want but Darin De Paul is nailing this MC job compared to the previous C-list celebrities!
    For once someone who isn't awkward (Or at the very least the right kind of awkward), Is personable to the people, has some idea on what hes talking about, and looks to be having fun? took them many years but they got a good host lol!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    For once someone who isn't awkward (Or at the very least the right kind of awkward), Is personable to the people, has some idea on what hes talking about, and looks to be having fun? took them many years but they got a good host lol!
    So there's hope for the VA Panel?

Quote Originally Posted by cronotose View Post
    If this Diablo announcement gets a 5.5, what would they have to do to get a genuinely low grade?
    i think the devs have to come to the persons house and actually piss in their cornflakes.

even then it'd still be easier to swallow than Diablo Immortal!