Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    We get Kul'tiran Druids and Shamans which is a huge deal (two classes humans never had before) but we have to complain about not having fat mages?

Make a regular human mage.

It's no wonder the community often gets ridiculed for being fickle, we literally bitch about everything.

They give us KT druids, KT shamans (which was a surprise), and we even get Zandalari Paladins, but we HAVE to complain about no Kul'tiran mages? I just give up, I'm not even replying to this thread anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    Yeah and those witches are using druidic magic.
    Nope, they use magic, but isn;t druidic in nature. The Thornspeakers are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by floud View Post
    Seems memory serves me correctly

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Tol_Barad
    If anything this implies that whatever Magi Kul Tiras had was moved to Tol Barad, doesn't it? It's not that out of the ordinary since Magi often congregate together.

I have to say this sucked a bit. Even if kul tiras has no mages, their culture clearly has some sort of admiration for them if the daughter of their leader was sent to study it. There also is just a huge affinity to water with tide sages and the whole "we love the sea" thing. Since we unlock them as a race after Jaina is already the lord admiral you would think that the characters we make after it would either aspire to be a mage or that Jaina wouldn't teach her people how to manipulate water like she can. It is kinda shit that people who play mages on the alliance side cannot be her people. It would feel to me the same as a demon hunter not being able to be a night elf.

Just the fact that someone goes "I want to be a kul tiran" and "i want to be a mage" should give your character the background to be able to be one since we have an example of a kul tiran physically being able to be one. I don't quite see "too many races for mages" an issue either, i mean priests can be anything they want aswell.

I suppose you could argue that since the Kul'Tirans essentially abandoned and cut all ties with the alliance following Daelin's death, they've been cut off from Dalaran and the Kirin Tor as well. Which would prevent common citizens from learning the arcane arts. Even then, I think it's kinda shaky, and I don't really see a reason why they couldn't pick up the skills afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by floud View Post
    Your memory is appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgee View Post
    Even then, I think it's kinda shaky, and I don't really see a reason why they couldn't pick up the skills afterward.
    If they can learn to be monks in like 3 months, they can relearn to be mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgee View Post
    I don't really see a reason why they couldn't pick up the skills afterward.
    To me, the only reason why is because Kul Tirans are an Allied Race and don't start at the very beginning. Not that levels themselves mean anything, but starting at lvl 20 would mean that the character is already somewhat into their training. That takes time, more time than from the span of when Kul Tiras rejoins the Alliance to when they're released. If a Kul Tiran toon started at lvl 1 when they are released I can see this argument making sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    If they can learn to be monks in like 3 months, they can relearn to be mages.
    That's bullshit. Not every single race needs to be monks. I really think Blizzard doesn't know what they're doing in regards to this lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchbishopBenedictus View Post
    I honestly thought that Kul'Tiran mages were a guarantee given Jaina is Kul'Tiran and a mage
    Why? Are you unclear on Jaina's story? Or even Kul'Tirans background?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Nope, they use magic, but isn;t druidic in nature. The Thornspeakers are fine.
    Yes it is druidic. A perverted form of druidism focused on decay instead of growth, but still druidism. Many of their abilities even involve thorns and are clearly in line with the Thornspeakers.

www.wowhead.com/spell=261265/ironbark-shield
    www.wowhead.com/spell=260741/jagged-nettles
    www.wowhead.com/spell=256962/thorned-barrage
    www.wowhead.com/spell=264038/uproot
    www.wowhead.com/spell=264050/infected-thorn

Sure, they use it alongside shadow magic, but not arcane stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    To me, the only reason why is because Kul Tirans are an Allied Race and don't start at the very beginning. Not that levels themselves mean anything, but starting at lvl 20 would mean that the character is already somewhat into their training. That takes time, more time than from the span of when Kul Tiras rejoins the Alliance to when they're released. If a Kul Tiran toon started at lvl 1 when they are released I can see this argument making sense.
    They are a seafaring Island nation that was in constant contact with all other human kingdoms for over 2500 years until the Cataclysm and their are even npcs who have come their in the time until they reestablished contact with the Alliance, but somehow they are suddenly not able to become mages, while it was even stated prior that they had mages like 30 years ago and is nowhere stated that those vanished since then? Levels still indicate nothing, not how far they in their training nor anything else and even if it would be so, that would be no argument against Kul Tiran mages.
    Last edited by George Lucas; 2018-11-03 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    They also REALLY need to swap out Zandalari mages for warlocks. I can't think of a single Zandalari mage.
    If you ever did the Isle of Thunder dailies, you'd know that both the Sunreavers and the Kirin Tor Offensive are scared of the Zandalari mages on the isle, even stating that the control the Zandalari have over arcane as well as shadow is impressive, because they've achieved something so few have and because of their control, manage to combine arcane and shadow. So, technically, Zandalari mages use both the arcane and shadow magic. Probably voodoo as well but y'know, details.

Zandalari mages are also known as arcanitals and arcweavers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Why? Are you unclear on Jaina's story? Or even Kul'Tirans background?
    Because there's lore related to Baradin Hold and Tirasian magi, and its also not impossible for members of other alliance kingdoms to train in Dalaran prior to the Third War. See : Jaina Proudmore.

They are a seafaring Island nation that was in constant contact with all other human kingdoms for over 2500 years until the Cataclysm and their are even npcs who have come their in the time until they reestablished contact with the Alliance, but somehow they are suddenly not able to become mages, while it was even stated prior that they had mages like 30 years ago and is nowhere stated that those vanished since then? Levels still indicate nothing, not how far they in their training nor anything else and even if it would be so, that would be no argument against Kul Tiran mages.
    So, being level 20 and being level 100 means nothing? I highly disagree. Levels are a gameplay mechanic, but they easily represent how far into training a character is. After all, you learn spells as you level up. Not being an argument? I disagree. I gave you the reasoning, but you can say "levels don't matter" all you want to. It's not going to refute what I said. As for why they're suddenly not able to. I again disagree. Human Magi like to congregate together, as shown with the Kirin Tor and other organizations. It means that a trainee would have to travel, and Kul Tiras cut themselves off from the Alliance after Daelin's death. Meaning nobody left the island.

Not like it matters though. We don't see any Mages on Kul Tiras, which is better proof that nobody knows how to be one or teach how to be one.

Zandalari shouldn't have warlocks, monks or mages...

Kul'Tirans shouldn't have warlocks or monks.. but the SHOULD have mages and certainly Paladins.

Neither society has had contact with the legion / would support or need demons... Bloodelves - yea they're warlocks. Undead? - yea they're warlocks. Humans? - Yea, they're warlocks. Trolls? - NO.

Absolutely Kul'Tirans are paladins and mages.

Absolutely neither society cares about monks -- so tired of monks being an option on new races for zero reason. Void elf monks? Lol - lore became meaningless at this point.

Void elves: Should have gotten the same classes as blood elves - except monks.
    Highmountain: Should have gotten the same classes as Tauren, including Paladins! They worship the sun-god Anshe ffs!
    Lightforged: Same classes as the draenei -- stupidest shit: whole LF society joins with draenei society that has shamans and monks. ANY draenei can become lightforged -- why would they not have shamans and monks?
    Last edited by Elestia; 2018-11-03 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Zandalari shouldn't have warlocks, monks or mages...
    5.2 had Zandalari mages on the Isle of Thunder

If a society doesn't know arcane, they can't mage.

5+ Year Old Account
    If anything this implies that whatever Magi Zandalar had was moved to Isle of Thunder, doesn't it? It's not that out of the ordinary since Magi often congregate together.

Where is it implied that the Zandalari don't know the arcane? Since Zandalari mages actually exist, you'd need something that concretely proves most don't know how.

If anything this implies that whatever Magi Zandalar had was moved to Isle of Thunder, doesn't it? It's not that out of the ordinary since Magi often congregate together.
    That point only works for Kul Tirans because they cut themselves off. The Zandalari always prodded around Azeroth (from at least as far back as Cata to MoP to current), which would mean any mage would travel as they saw fit.
    Last edited by Goldielocks; 2018-11-03 at 05:32 AM.

What makes u think that the Zandalari dont have arcane knowledge they are literally the oldest society on Azeroth.

Deleted
    Of course they know arcane, the zandalari are older then the night elves for crying out loud.
    These bastards has been around since the Well of Eternity.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where is it implied that the Zandalari don't know the arcane? Since Zandalari mages actually exist, you'd need something that concretely proves most don't know how.

That point only works for Kul Tirans because they cut themselves off. The Zandalari always prodded around Azeroth (from at least as far back as Cata to MoP to current), which would mean any mage would travel as they saw fit.
    I love all the stuff you make up, but there are still Kul Tiran mages in game.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    What makes u think that the Zandalari dont have arcane knowledge they are literally the oldest society on Azeroth.
    The titanforged races predate the trolls. But of course there are Zandalari mages, i think they were called Arcanitals
    Last edited by George Lucas; 2018-11-03 at 05:53 AM.