Thread: Changes

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sharding for sure had to be in for the demo, given you are funnelling a ton of people into only two zones. It probably wont make it in the main game unless servers are overwhelmed. Well it is either that or server crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Sharding for sure had to be in for the demo, given you are funnelling a ton of people into only two zones. It probably wont make it in the main game unless servers are overwhelmed. Well it is either that or server crashes.
    They already said it will be in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Phasing is in the game I TOLD YOU THIS SHIT WOULD HAPPEN
    https://clips.twitch.tv/GenerousBusyChickpeaTheRinger

Wrong health regen rates

unlimited debuffs

summoning stones that work (summon people)

(...)

Humm....i dont know man
    Unlimited debuffs would let warlocks have a more than 1 button rotation. Some things were just plain bad bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    Who didn't expect that to happen, though? Everyone had their own definition of what Classic was. There was no way people were going to be pleased with the outcome no matter what. People had already started losing their shit when they announced what Classic patch it would be based on because they wanted an even earlier version of the game...
    True.

I also called it two years ago, though. :^)

Deleted
    I hope sharding stays around the entire time. Just to spite some of you hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/5jgayFZ enjoy vanilla LFR
    How did he access? I am in WoW Classic right now and do not see that.

Quote Originally Posted by sathus View Post
    Almost... like it is a demo! Almost like it is backported from current game... Not like work in progress or anything... Nothing they can fix in the next 8-10months before release!!!!
    "It’s just alpha"
    “It’s demo only”
    "It‘s still in a beta"
    “It's launch issues”
    "It‘s a pre-patch issues"
    "It‘s first patch issues"
    "It‘s not even last patch"
    "Next expansion will be better"

yea right......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    wtf is that
    That are the fucked up parts in the Classic Demo.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Deleted
    This is not how classic looked like. Graphically it's way too different from classic for my taste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    I wouldn't take this demo to seriously as an example of how Classic will be when it comes out. Sadly it looks like the demo wasn't really ready and they rushed it so they could sell Blizzcon tickets.
    Indeed they had not els to realy show so they needet somting and yes its allot of work in progress mostly cleaning out the legion Base an turning it in a Classic peaple want and deserve so "to soon to tell"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ionexe View Post
    This is not how classic looked like. Graphically it's way too different from classic for my taste.
    There is a button to tern it in to the Classic Look but most streamers dont have it on

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lightforged View Post
    How did he access? I am in WoW Classic right now and do not see that.
    its in the game but its not bicus this is a legion base those tings ar hidden and wil not make it to the launch game they ar just menu's that they need to hide more and ther where comments about this on the forums
    "This is just a remnant of some leftover UI. WoW Classic will not have Dungeon Finder/Raid Finder." Aka Lore Comminty Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Ionexe View Post
    You can use the "Classic" graphic setting. All the other things are optional. Some people prefer some of the updated graphics but you could go for the full oldschool look. I am not 100% sure, but did they implement all the spell visuals yet in the demo or do some still have to be changed?

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: a bunch of people think that a tiny QoL change, like "unlimited debuffs" is what will make WoW classic shitty, and not the fact that it was a shitty game by today's standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    So far: WOTLK Running Animations, New attack animations, Legion Raidframes/Readycheck/groundmarkers,!!! NEW custom +1critical hit items below 20 W.T.F. !!!, New Font, Auto Loot, New UI features such as greying out items u cant afford, !!! NEW CLASS SKILLS (SPECC SKILLS IN WEAPONSSKILLS TAB) WHAT THE ACTUAL FCK!!!, on lootoptions saying "main specc " in chat after looting
    Its unfinished and they're building it from the ground up off of newer tech. For the love of all that is holy. Calm. Thy. Titties.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    ITT: a bunch of people think that a tiny QoL change, like "unlimited debuffs" is what will make WoW classic shitty, and not the fact that it was a shitty game by today's standards.
    It will because it nerfs content.

And todays standards are fucked up. We went from thinking about MMORPGs as RPGs to thinking about them as mobile games or mobas. Wow should take inspiration from games like the Witcher 3, not clash of clans and candy crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Its unfinished and they're building it from the ground up off of newer tech. For the love of all that is holy. Calm. Thy. Titties.
    Lets say the game releases mid September 2019 at worst which is already an autumn month and they promised a summer release and lets say at best Jully release.Your it is still to early doesn't sit quite well because one year is not much for any building MMO so it is NOT to early.Those are a bunch of things and i bet there are a lot more like the summoning stones and the phasing they used.When Blizzard released the demo they showed how much work they have to do if they want a proper classic experience.They have between 8 to 10 months time to recreate a lot of things from the ground up.Because they were NOT ready for the demo.So i will not hold my criticism.It is now the time to point what is wrong and to hope Blizzard create a true Classic game.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

I swear...people who would rather stay in weeks long ques instead of having sharding for like a week or two must have something wrong with them mentaly

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    Lets say the game releases mid September 2019 at worst which is already an autumn month and they promised a summer release and lets say at best Jully release.Your it is still to early doesn't sit quite well because one year is not much for any building MMO so it is NOT to early.Those are a bunch of things and i bet there are a lot more like the summoning stones and the phasing they used.When Blizzard released the demo they showed how much work they have to do if they want a proper classic experience.They have between 8 to 10 months time to recreate a lot of things from the ground up.Because they were NOT ready for the demo.So i will not hold my criticism.It is now the time to point what is wrong and to hope Blizzard create a true Classic game.
    Don't forget that their internal builds are always ahead of what we have, even moreso during this stage of the development cycle. Some of the stuff is already really 1:1 accurate and some things clearly haven't been touched upon yet. They might have been working on some of the stuff internally already but they focussed on the demo just so you could get a small taste (e.g. talents, the Classic option graphics and spell effects) of the things to come. It seems they have the really heavy hitting done already and it's just mostly some interface and small database adjustment stuff that has to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Shisui-kun View Post
    Don't forget that their internal builds are always ahead of what we have, even moreso during this stage of the development cycle. Some of the stuff is already really 1:1 accurate and some things clearly haven't been touched upon yet. They might have been working on some of the stuff internally already but they focussed on the demo just so you could get a small taste (e.g. talents, the Classic option graphics and spell effects) of the things to come. It seems they have the really heavy hitting done already and it's just mostly some interface and small database adjustment stuff that has to be done.
    I hope you are right i really do 'mon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthat View Post
    Relax! It's just alpha beta launch the demo!
    Wouldn't you think that the game would be more or less finished and ready to go if all of these things were fixed? It's a demo they probably pulled out of their ass to incentivize Virtual Ticket sales, so chill out if you see relics from the current client (as they said they're building this version off of) in your incomplete version of Classic you're playing right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlingBlackLabel View Post
    Can confirm the phasing... I really hope it's just for this demo as otherwise that's going to ruin it for me.
    I feel like everything ruins vanila for you right? how do you feel there is Auto loot where you dont have to hold shift down?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    Health regen numbers are way off, warriors regening from half hp to full in like 5-10 seconds. It should be taking like 60 seconds or longer. This allows people to chain pull in the demo.
    the new rationale I am seeing for a lot of this disappointing-but-not-surprising nerf stuff is 'this is just for the demo.'

the more likely answer is 'this is how they want it to be.' they know this demo is going to be scrutinized every which way possible, and are quite capable of modifying regen rates, I assume.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.