Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[SPOILERS] You need an Old God power to fight an Old god

Maybe that's why Sylvanas is wielding Xal'atath, what do you think ?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    It looks like the eye of Knaifu is missing, though. And if I recalled correctly there is a datamined scenario where we free Xal from the blade, and 'she' now gets to wander the world in an actual body. I saw a vid about that, comparing her to Lovecrafts Nyarlhothep.

So I'm speculating she wields a depleted but still powerfull Xal.

Or, even funnier, she might replace Xal, becoming the new Knaifu, and gets picked up by Anduin, we could have void and light in one person as the ultimate Chosen Wonder Twins. Secret Light and Void Powers - Activate!

We didn't need Old God powers to defeat C'thun or Yogg-Saron. Why do we suddenly need it?

This expansion was supposed to not be the same as MoP. But it is, down to the Warchief using an Old God weapon. Who thought this was a good idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    It looks like the eye of Knaifu is missing, though. And if I recalled correctly there is a datamined scenario where we free Xal from the blade, and 'she' now gets to wander the world in an actual body. I saw a vid about that, comparing her to Lovecrafts Nyarlhothep.

Or, even funnier, she might replace Xal, becoming the new Knaifu, and gets picked up by Anduin, we could have void and light in one person as the ultimate Chosen Wonder Twins. Secret Light and Void Powers - Activate!

Like Soul Reaver from Legacy of Kain?

Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    Like Soul Reaver from Legacy of Kain?
    Not familiar with that, will look it up once I'm home.

Deleted

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    We didn't need Old God powers to defeat C'thun or Yogg-Saron.
    Just here to point out that to defeat C'Thun we dressed ourselves in Qiraji armor and used their weapons, and to defeat Yogg-Saron we used equipment empowered by its blood. Even to defeat the shadow of Y'Shaarj we used gems empowered by his essence.

We didn't need Old God powers to defeat C'thun or Yogg-Saron. Why do we suddenly need it?
    Maybe we will fight N'Zoth in his realm and not just a manifestation in our world like the other ones, as "OIS" quoted you, we needed some of their powers to just banish them in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

Legacy of Anduin : Defiance.

Not familiar with that, will look it up once I'm home.
    Basicaly vampire travels back in time to pick up a sword that holds the soul of a different vampire that the former vampire sired and later banished.

It makes sense in context.

It's retarded. If we need the Old Gods' powers to defeat N'zoth, then why not just use fucking Alleria Windrunner, the spotlight of patch 7.3, instead of wasting time developing yet another convoluted storyline for Totally-Not-Garrosh 2.0? It's like the writers meet every evening to figure out new ways to shit on Alleria.

"Oh, we are bringing the fight to the Old Gods at last, but who cares about the first mortal to successfully defy the Void's whispers, right? We don't need her."

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Alleria Windrunner View Post
    It's retarded. If we need the Old Gods' powers to defeat N'zoth, then why not just use fucking Alleria Windrunner, the spotlight of patch 7.3, instead of wasting time developing yet another convoluted storyline for Totally-Not-Garrosh 2.0? It's like the writers meet every evening to figure out new ways to shit on Alleria.

"Oh, we are bringing the fight to the Old Gods at last, but who cares about the first mortal to successfully defy the Void's whispers, right? We don't need her."
    Because the void raid needs some known name as a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Basicaly vampire travels back in time to pick up a sword that holds the soul of a different vampire that the former vampire sired and later banished.

It makes sense in context.
    you can't explain LOK story to people easily
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2018-11-03 at 10:47 AM.

Deleted
    Hopefully not. She'd literally be Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by eolthedarkelf View Post
    Hopefully not. She'd literally be Garrosh.
    Not really, Garrosh was looking to bring Orcs supremacy, even inside the Horde, while she wield that power just to save us and I don't think Blizzard would do the same mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by WHZeratul View Post
    Just here to point out that to defeat C'Thun we dressed ourselves in Qiraji armor and used their weapons, and to defeat Yogg-Saron we used equipment empowered by its blood. Even to defeat the shadow of Y'Shaarj we used gems empowered by his essence.
    Ah yes, I forgot that. Fair enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

This expansion was supposed to not be the same as MoP. But it is, down to the Warchief using an Old God weapon. Who thought this was a good idea?
    Nooooo idea. This is one of those I can't come up with any excuse for.

Though it begs the question how the hell she gets her hands on it. Don't we get Xal'atath?

Although we should note that there was also a picture of Thrall in the last similar character panel. These things can change.

Quote Originally Posted by WHZeratul View Post
    Man knows his lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Because the void raid needs some known name as a boss.
    Why? Uldir didn't. Every boss in there was set up this patch or not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    We already killed Old Gods. So did the Titans. Sylvanas has the sword cause it's most likely still powerful and she wants to use it in the fight against the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Alleria Windrunner View Post

Locus Walker defied them, and is a mortal...Long before Alleria.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Quote Originally Posted by Klindeth View Post
    Why? Uldir didn't. Every boss in there was set up this patch or not at all.
    Zul was a known name since Cataclysm.