Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    By that logic, shouldn't there also be a Blacksmith class, then?

You know, someone who creates armor and weapons as a living, but also uses them to fight.
    Yeah that would be a Blacksmithing Warrior, Paladin or Death Knight.

As possible a combination as an engineering tinker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kensim View Post
    Yay Teriz is talking Tinkerer again. Teriz is the guy that told me repeatedly for YEARS that Demon Hunters would never be a class and that ONLY Tinkerers were possible.

I am still chuckling over that.

Real simple, if Blizzard thinks it could be worked into something fun, then they will consider it.

That being said I am at Blizzcon and when going over the new tools, etc for crafting he specifically called out that engineers will like their new tools item because it is Google's that can sit on top of their head.

Worth mechanical gnomes potentially coming and now professions getting gear/items, not to mention investment by the quest teams, it makes building a full blown class more redundant rather than continuing to flesh out the professions.

Just my personal opinion.
    Teriz denied Demon Hunter because all his counterpoints were real. We all just didn't expect Blizzard to completely redesign demonology to make them work.

But they did, so Teriz was right in that they'd have to, he just incorrectly assumed Blizzard wouldn't do that.

For all we know, they could completely change Unholy Death Knight to create a Necromancer class.

I think it just exists to set up junker gnomes as an allied race.

Feels pretty contrived, but whatever it was the most interesting thing in the panel in my opinion.

If this overrated Tinker trash gets added instead of Dark Ranger, at this point, I can clearly say that I through with the game. It is unacceptable to add another stupid class after Monk when themes like the Void or the Arcane are still underpresented within the current playable classes.Not to mention having the bow/mail niche NOT filled by a popular demand such as the Dark Ranger.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 7empest View Post
    Absolutely in favor of implementing the Tinker class which is one archetype (turrets, mines, lasers and rockets, tech themed) that is sorely missing from the World of Warcraft, but has broad appeal in other MMO's where this class type is implemented.

Gnomes and Goblins deserve some well developed lore and the theme of goofy, fun, explosive science will be a healthy counterbalance to all the doom-and-gloom end of the world storytelling Warcraft has had over the past three expansions. Especially considering that WC3 had a lot of goofball engineer/tinker stuff going on. Like suicidal sapper goblins, mortar teams, etc. Warcraft needs some more humor and the Tinker class can deliver, not in the least for;

-Supplying the game with a third mail wearer
    -Ranged DPS spec as the prime selling point (not implemented since Vanilla, can't stress this enough)
    -Unique theme that does it's majority through ranged physical and fire damage (lasers/rockets burn)
    -Just looks fun as phuk and really goes well with WoW's more cartoony aesthetics

The concept art for minions is here, would reroll in a heartbeat and never look back. Just think of all the amazingly fun spell effects!
    EDIT: But obviously it would be 9.0 or future selling point, it would not be a current xpack "feature" as the title of this thread suggests.

https://i.imgur.com/aIOKKKv.jpg[/IMG]
    You know maybe that slide is where I got the Tinker vibes from. Because those two flying turrets trigger my inner Machinist urges so hard.

I can probably generate three specs right there for ya.

- Tank spec using Mechs. (The Teriz spec)
    - A Ranged Spec using Turrets for support.
    - A Pet-spam spec that uses robots like the one on the left there.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    If this overrated Tinker trash gets added instead of Dark Ranger, at this point, I can clearly say that I through with the game. It is unacceptable to add another stupid class after Monk when themes like the Void or the Arcane are still underpresented within the current playable classes.Not to mention having the bow/mail niche NOT filled by a popular demand such as the Dark Ranger.
    While I agree with the bow/mail niche, we have a Void spec (Shadow Priests), and we have an Arcane specs (Arcane Mage, Balance Druids). We have no specs focusing on technology, yet we're experiencing technology over and over again in the game's lore, and have major lore figures using the theme.

The other issue with a Dark Ranger class is that Blizzard has been having issues with structuring multiple physical ranged specs, which is why they overhauled the Hunter class. They're still struggling with the MM Hunter which ironically used to house aspects of the Dark Ranger.

Al his premise was that it was impossible due to Warlock.

He used the word impossible.

I understand what you are saying however unlike Teriz I quoted Blizzard design philosophy, quoted, which states if it can be made to be fun it can be put into the game.

My premise was a direct rebuttal to his whole line of thinking. Come to find out Teriz was wrong, including his line of reasoning. Completely wrong.

Now by the same token I am on record and remain on record that I hope good ol'Ter gets his tinkerer, as do we all. It would probably mean it was fun.

I really hope we get Tinkers. The community has been asking for this class for longer than any other class not currently in the game. But the next class absolutely MUST be ranged at this point we are crazy heavy in melee, and I'm not so sure Tinker makes sense as a ranged class.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I really hope we get Tinkers. The community has been asking for this class for longer than any other class not currently in the game. But the next class absolutely MUST be ranged at this point we are crazy heavy in melee, and I'm not so sure Tinker makes sense as a ranged class.
    Dark Ranger and Bard have been asked for just as long, if not longer. Arguably both would have larger fan support.

This is pretty surprising. I think the fact that Gnomes AND Goblins are going to be heavily involved with this AFTER we deal with Azshara and N'Zoth might have some pretty big implications for the next expansion.

Dark Ranger and Bard have been asked for just as long, if not longer. Arguably both would have larger fan support.
    It may have been arguable before this announcement. However, after this announcement, you're probably going to see more Tinker class threads pop up.

I don't recall bards having ever enjoyed popularity except for the niche forum post which never really garnered much attention. Also, bards have no established presence in warcraft lore and thus there is no emotional drive in the community to see them added (much like Velves are still a hot topic).

Do agree with the Dark Ranger, but the argument that we don't need another edgelord class like DK and DH drawing on "TEH DARKNESS" theme is as solid as a diamond. The tinker delivers on a fresh theme.

5+ Year Old Account
    I have seen just as many posts talking about tinker over the years. In fact the main time I hear tell of dark rangers or bards it is usually along the lines of this post.
    Actually come to think of it I don't recall ever actually seeing anyone post about bards since the blizz April fools gag.

- - - Updated - - -

I would have the shits if the introduced a 'dark ranger' class tbh. It would feel hideously fanservicey, and Sylvanas (who is undoubedtly the main/most important) representative of the dark ranger class is on borrowed time. How would you distinguish a class like dark ranger without gutting rogues and hunters in order to use their stuff? People still upset that Demo lock copped a bit of that for DH, they wouldn't do it again, to two very popular classes, at this stage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Would that class exclusive for gnomes and goblins? Because I can't picture a night elf/human/any of the 3 variant of high elves/orcs being tinkers
    Would/should be Gnome, Goblin, Human, Orc the minimum. Wildcards would be Forsaken and Dwarves, Draenei and Blood Elf.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

no /10char

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BedlamBros View Post
    This is pretty surprising. I think the fact that Gnomes AND Goblins are going to be heavily involved with this AFTER we deal with Azshara and N'Zoth might have some pretty big implications for the next expansion.

It may have been arguable before this announcement. However, after this announcement, you're probably going to see more Tinker class threads pop up.
    There has been at least one 'tinker' thread going on here at least for literally years. Usually the responses have been people RAGING that Tinker will never happen. I know for a fact I have been blasted several times for attempting to discuss the obvious efforts to introduce a tinker style vehicle system to the game over the last 4 expansions. Buuuut now that we know its a real possibility, suddenly all the vitriolic eye rolling reactions have chilled out and suddenly we have a dozen or so posters parroting stuff us tinker fans have been saying for years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Would/should be Gnome, Goblin, Human, Orc the minimum. Wildcards would be Forsaken and Dwarves, Draenei and Blood Elf.
    It will be goblins/gnomes exclusively at first I'd bet an arm.
    DH are elf exclusive, which rubbed some people the wrong way, because it makes sense for their class fantasy. Tinkers will be the same. When have you ever heard/thought of an Orc tinker?
    If it isn't gnome/gobbo exclusive I would be very surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Maybe one that the Alliance helps before the Horde even show up.
    You got some proof of this?

No. Mechagnomes (and possibly Tech-Goblins) will likely be the crux results of this endeavor. If anything all the "cool" techy-steampunk stylized abilities with be distilled into those race options/gear/items from the zone.

5+ Year Old Account
    Honestly the very best thing about this is the people who were foaming at the mouth at the suggestion Tinkers might ever happen (who now seem quite sure they always believed it was possible). And now it probably is. Ha.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's probably the closest indication to a Tinker class you're ever going to get but I still think and hope no because there's too many already.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    That's probably the closest indication to a Tinker class you're ever going to get but I still think and hope no because there's too many already.
    I mean I see your point but I don't know if it is a matter of too many classes, or a matter of the playerbase expecting every single class to be equally effective at whatever thing they want to do. Whatever happened to the idea that X spec was the PvP spec, or Y class was king of the dots but shit on a short fight? Why do we (and it is us) keep insisting that every class is equally represented in all areas, but also keep complaining about homogenisation? Tinker will happen, I'd bet a limb on it at this stage.

If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.