Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    Wrong. How about you actually check the app store before being this wrong on the internet?
    Do you know how even the really shitty animated movies get a dozen knockoffs as long as the original movie is popular enough to try and sucker people? NetEase games are like that. They aren't good, but other companies copy or steal from them because they're popular and they want some whales for themselves and copying is a lot easier than building something original.

For your bolded statement, what you are saying is as unproductive and useless as saying, "EA released at least300!!!!!!!! games in the past 4 years. sometimes releasing 20 games in a single month! I can't even find a complete list because they release so many fucking games. They just keep churning out these piles of shit month after month, and Mass Effect Andromeda is not different.
    Oh no, I'm only talking about games NetEase themselves developed. It also seems like you don't understand the difference between a developer and publisher.

This is an opinion and i can't really say anything to this. You structured it in such a way that no response i give would be valid. But you are objective wrong when you say it would be cheap as hell to make.
    Most of the art is recycled from D3 or other NetEase games. Most of the code is recycled from NetEase games. Are you seriously trying to argue that the cost of making a game like this is comparable to building something from the ground up?

Maybe it's not good. Maybe its absolute garbage. But that is due to the nature of the market. Again, you are so deep in dunning kruger and so interested in 'winning' that you are implying that there is even 1 mobile game that is not complete ass compared to its console or pc counterpart or that there exists even one direct phone port to console game that is not absolute garbage.
    There's not much of a "maybe" here. It is shit. The game was playable the most positive thing I could find people saying about it was that it looked nice (not surprising considering how many assets were ripped straight from D3).
    Last edited by Antilurker77; 2018-11-03 at 08:30 AM.

Absolutely disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Makes perfect business sense.
    Do you realize how much cash these silly ass mobile games rake in?
    These small $0.99 micro transactions, put a "package deal" for $9.99 that contains $30 of things!
    They just gained a new license to print more money with this because people will download it.
    If they put it out for free download as well, even better.
    Get people hooked, then offer a 'monthly power pack' where they drip feed in-game things to them on a daily cadence and they are golden.

If you don't believe this can work, look at what EA/Disney have done with popular franchises like Star Wars and Marvel comics.
    Blizz has the popularity, Diablo has enough people interested.
    People are very much aware of the cashgrab mobile games can be. It's just that most of their core fans are PC players that are not interested in mobile versions. They came there expecting exciting Diablo news; they got the opposite. I feel for them.
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

Blizzard is a very sequential company and have cancelled many projects because releasing them would break their forward momentum in terms of release.

But people in this thread don't care about facts, don't know shit about market metrics and how much of a shitshow the current mobile scene is. They just want to see a large company burn to the ground because for some odd reason Blizzard doing the most logical thing ( Acquiring a third party that 'borrowed' its assets for their own game so that said third party can work on a diablo branded version of said game so that Blizzard does not have to divest tens of millions of dollars to build up which would be, at that point, a clone of "Endless of God" which would get blizzard in even more 'trouble' when people start saying, 'HEY LOOK! BLIZZARD COPIED A GAME THAT COPIED A BLIZZARD GAME! LET US LAUGH AT BLIZZARD'S LAZINESS. THEY SHOULD OF MAKE DIABLO 4 AND RELEASED THAT AS THEIR MOBILE PRODUCT!!' ) is seen as a scummy business practice.

I can only imagine how frustrated people with an understanding of how these market forces feel about the entitlement people feel. Its okay when Facebook and most tech companies acquire third party products / companies and slap their brand on it, but when game companies do something that is praised all around the tech industry people who should know better after all these years do everything in their power to tear a brand down.
    Really curious as to what you mean by the first quoted paragraph. What distinguishes a sequential from a non-sequential company? How does cancelling a game preserve forward momentum? My understanding is that they have standards, if a game looks to be sailing below those standards and the cost of resuscitating it exceeds the likely return, they cancel the project. Where does momentum factor in? Do you mean sales? They cancelled games because they didn't want to damage their reputation for making quality products? That can help explain what's happening in this case. They still have a reputation for quality, and the trashy mobile market isn't on brand. Which isn't to say they shouldn't have done this, just more quietly.

Games aren't like any other tech product, they are art. Art is successful when it emotionally engages the person who experiences it. Blizzard makes art designed for mass appeal, and have done an excellent job of engaging the emotions of a large audience for many years. It's extremely obvious that this product is a crass cash grab; any organization has to make them if they want to survive. From my perspective, Blizzard's error was in trying to package it as something other than a crass cash grab. How they announced it, the tone and timing, suggested we are supposed to be excited, that they have produced a new work of art for our consumption, but many who look just see a trashy looking product that looks like other trash on the market. Hence frothing rage. People have an emotional attachment to the product thanks to the careful brand management Blizzard used to be known for, which I think you were commenting on. Seems like it was mostly a marketing misstep; if they hadn't tried to reach for the core audience so directly folks wouldn't be frothing at the mouth.

Personally I'm glad they did, this has been a pretty entertaining day.

This is the absolute worst possible thing they could have done with the Diablo series.

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Here is a video showing the Chinese copy paste bootleg that stole more or less every asset from Diablo 3 to cash in on the chinese mobile market back in 2017.

And now Blizzard is using this. They are using a Chinese bootleg as a foundation to their diablo game, all they did was new skins, and the official Blizzard logo slapped onto it.

That shit is actualy more scary than the announcement of the mobile game blizzard calls diablo. I can't even describe of how much more dissapoineted I'm after seeing this. It's unbelievable that Blizzard is going that path with a reskinned game.
    Chinese market on the other hand is, without a doubt, a money printing machine.
    Sad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Antilurker77 View Post
    Even Blizzard didn't deny the game was a reskin when they were asked about it.
    i don't doubt the fact it being a reskin, but i'd like to see a source for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    IMO they should have just cancelled Blizzcon this year. They didn't have a Blizzcon one year because they had nothing new to announce, and there was nothing new or announce-worthy at this one. A patch for a game, some new heroes (which get announced regularly), a remake and a mobile game are not good enough to have a convention. They need to have at least an expansion of one of their main games or a new PC game to warrant the effort for the fans.
    I agree to this, they did it before. If you have nothing real to show don't make people waste thousands of euro's, I feel bad for all those that attended. I guess the sales from virtual ticket were to high to ignore.. even though that started out bad with no mount as well.

At first I really thought it was a joke when Chang said "Diablo mobile".
    I was like "oh well, maybe we can manage our gear or the char via a mobile app, just like wow companion"

BUT REALLY, D I A B L O M O B I L E ? ? ? I really dont wanna curse, but FUCK BLIZZARD!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Here is a video showing the Chinese copy paste bootleg that stole more or less every asset from Diablo 3 to cash in on the chinese mobile market back in 2017.

And now Blizzard is using this. They are using a Chinese bootleg as a foundation to their diablo game, all they did was new skins, and the official Blizzard logo slapped onto it.
    Dude, if you’re going to post something like this at least make sure it’s somewhat factual. The game you linked and DI look completely different in most aspects of the game graphically speaking.

I’m pissed at Blizz for a lot of things too but when you paste something like this, which is so obviously fake news, it doesn’t help at all.

Check your vid compared to the vid on the app store sneak peak. They’re not even close.
    Last edited by Rekz; 2018-11-03 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    Dude, if you’re going to post something like this at least make sure it’s somewhat factual. The game you linked and DI look completely different in most aspects of the game graphically speaking.

I’m pissed at Blizz for a lot of things too but when you paste something like this, which is so obviously fake news, it doesn’t help at all.

Check your vid compared to the vid on the app store sneak peak. They’re not even close.
    You can jump on YouTube and find plenty of comparison videos, the games are exactly the same, one is just reskinned for Diablo. Most troubling is this Endless of God game is already a reskin of a game Net Ease made in 2015-2016.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    You can jump on YouTube and find plenty of comparison videos, the games are exactly the same, one is just reskinned for Diablo. Most troubling is this Endless of God game is already a reskin of a game Net Ease made in 2015-2016.
    They don’t look anything alike. The GUIs are completely different as well as the characters and environments.

Blizz messed up horribly but with posts like that, it’s not presenting anything factual that can be verified so people who get excited are mislead.

Deleted
    They don’t look anything alike. The GUIs are completely different as well as the characters and environments.

They messed up horribly but with posts like that, it’s not presenting anything factual that can be verified so people who get excited are mislead.

https://ibb.co/fkOooL

Uhuh.

The characters and environment textures are basically ripped straight from D3 and copy pasted onto their previous game.
    But the actual framework, the flow and feel is exactly the same.

No one should be excited about this trash.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah the graphics are different because they are lifted straight from D3, but the gameplay, gameflow and framework is exactly the same, its just a reskin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I kinda feel bad for Blizzard, because we all know they're working on other Diablo stuff. They're hiring for a PC game, they've been in talks to produce a Netflix series. They probably have books and comics in the pipeline.

But obviously none of that was ready to show, and they had to show something. This is a decent-looking mobile title they're co-developing with a Chinese company, probably mainly for the Chinese market where this genre is super fucking popular.

I mean, realistically, if they had announced this at a PAX, like they did with Hearthstone, would anyone really mind?

If they had released this and followed it up with even a little statement, "We know, this is just to tide you over, while we work on this...!" and flashed a big number 4 on the screen. Even if they had no concept art ready to show, how far do you think that'd have gone to assuage Diablo fans?
    Then Blizzcon 2018 would have been saved for Diablo fans, now it's dead in the water.
    Whatever they on working on now is tainted by the shit they have pulled yesterday.

Its just that the first announcement of Blizzcon 2018, main stage, after years of nothing is a reskinned Tjing Tjong mobile game...that's just bad.
    The mobile gamingscene is pure toxin, microtransactions up the ass, mosly a younger audience infatuated with shit like Fortnite, default dancing their way into mediocraty.
    Last edited by mmoc9c8aa3fc01; 2018-11-03 at 10:20 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exxellion View Post
    https://ibb.co/fkOooL

Uhuh.

The characters and environment textures are basically ripped straight from D3 and copy pasted onto their previous game.
    But the actual framework, the flow and feel is exactly the same.

No one should be excited about this trash.

Those 2 stills don’t look anything alike and when the 2 videos are compared side by side the discrepancies only widen.

I mention this only because when the initial vid was linked, I was all excited but then realized they're are 2 distinct games.

When I compare a video with endless gods with gui, it doesn’t look like a comparison can be made with the DI vid posted on the app store sneak peak. I just don’t see it.

That Q&A panel tomorrow is going to be fucking brutal.

Then Blizzcon 2018 would have been saved for Diablo fans, now it's dead in the water.
    Whatever they on working on now is tainted by the shit they have pulled yesterday.
    All they had to do to save that Diablo panel was say "Hey, we're making 2 side projects. Here's the mobile game and stuff. Here's the other side game we're working on" and just to fuck with everyone, they have the Diablo logo and then it slowly fills in a fiery 4. End panel. That stadium would've erupted.

In reality: "Here's a mobile game no one wanted or asked for... and scene" to the sounds of either crickets or flat out boos. I've never heard an audience boo like that at a Blizzcon.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Deleted
    Those 2 stills don’t look anything alike and when the 2 videos are compared side by side the discrepancies only widen.

I mention this only because when the initial vid was linked, I was all excited but then realized they're are 2 distinct games.

When I compare a video with endless gods with gui, it doesn’t look like a comparison can be made with the DI vid posted on the app store sneak peak. I just don’t see it.
    Did you look at the buttons? They're all the exact same size, shape and their placement is also exactly the same. You can't miss that and continue to say they're nothing alike, right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    That Q&A panel tomorrow is going to be fucking brutal.

All they had to do to save that Diablo panel was say "Hey, we're making 2 side projects. Here's the mobile game and stuff. Here's the other side game we're working on" and just to fuck with everyone, they have the Diablo logo and then it slowly fills in a fiery 4. End panel. That stadium would've erupted.

In reality: "Here's a mobile game no one wanted or asked for... and scene" to the sounds of either crickets or flat out boos. I've never heard an audience boo like that at a Blizzcon.
    Yep. Instead, they hyped the crap out of Diablo knowing that the playerbase are hardcore, ravenous, frothing, pc gaming enthusiasts. Then they dropped the mobile game on everyone and that was their punchline.

That’s called damaging your brand asap.

They'll carefully select people for the Q&A, they can't have fuckups like diablo red shirt guy or the platform guy again after the brutal first day.
    Which is extremely sad and even more damaging to them.

This pure, unfiltered hate is mucho entertaining. Let it flow through you...

Heck, i even belong to those people that think D3 became a decent game with RoS. But this shit is hilarious. Genuinely curious how they will react to this negativity they deserve.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DysprosiumDy View Post
    Did you look at the buttons? They're all the exact same size, shape and their placement is also exactly the same. You can't miss that and continue to say they're nothing alike, right?
    Yea I'm looking at it and i'm still having a hard time making it out.

I provided a quick graphical representation as it's late:

https://ibb.co/dSZ3oL (I meant textures instead of terrain in the pic)

Also character models and movement do not match.

When you watch this vid and compare it to the vid on the app store, there's a very noticable difference between the 2 games. Can't link that vid on the app store and cant find it on youtube either but it's there.
    Last edited by Rekz; 2018-11-04 at 05:53 PM.