Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Faux outrage by those unconcerned when there's more concerning issues to deal with...

Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    You said it was insulting to their culture, right? I get that the few functional braincells in your noggin are working OT to post here, but try to keep up.
    Yes, I understand in your world it takes an advanced intelligence to comprehend your racist ramblings, but again, that doesn't qualify as a coherent thought, valid criticism, or salient point.

So, to recap, learn how words work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bog View Post
    if they were black or muslims would there be outcry?Think not.People should be able to dress as they want and poke fun at anything.Sure you might not like some of the jokes but if we start banning what people find offensive,tomorrow there would be nothing left.So how about grow up and join the grown up club.
    When it happens, I'll let you know. Until then, your hypothetical only serves to distract from the story at hand which is a poor show of decision-making by these teachers. I have to wonder if the last sentence of your post betrays the entire point of your post -- to flame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    That's the fucking point of dressing up as something offensive, it's to make fun of how stupid it is.
    So the point of dressing up as Mexicans was to show how stupid Mexicans are?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    But it is a joke, even if you think it is tasteless garbage.
    Cool, so why is bad that I call it tasteless garbage? Am I supposed to pretend that it's funny?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Yes, I understand in your world it takes an advanced intelligence to comprehend your racist ramblings, but again, that doesn't qualify as a coherent thought, valid criticism, or salient point.

So, to recap, learn how words work.

muh glorious culture of non consensual immigration. viva la raza!
    Working on my next ban.

They should not be making political statements at school.

It's Idaho.

People's outrage over Halloween costumes is getting out of hand.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

I just wanted to post my lol that 'Mexicans' is in quotation marks.

Another outrage topic of proclaimed butthurt and racism where a bunch of white Americans congregate to sling mud at other white Americans. You can still put a sombrero on and don a fake stache in Europe lads, we welcome any productive tax payers that feel like their home isn't their home anymore

Excuse me while I put on some black face paint for Saint Nicholas

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not bad, I never said it was bad or that you're not allowed to criticise a joke, I don't find it that funny either. As long as we are honest about what it is, a joke and not some racist attack on mexicans, then we can interrogate it until the cows come home. Anyone who says you can't analyse and criticise a joke is someone who you don't take seriously, but someone else who deliberately chooses to see a joke as something else is also someone not to be taken seriously.
    Jokes and racism aren't mutually exclusive.

But it is a joke, even if you think it is tasteless garbage.
    You keep calling it a joke. What's the joke? Where's their "it was just a joke" statement? They claimed it to be a "team building exercise".

This is what happens when you, what was it you said? Ah, right here we go...

"Attribute motive to people they do not have".

Oops.

wish people had a sense of humor , this is fun in their way , just enjoy it and move along

Gotta love some of the posters here

"Why don't you find this racist joke funny?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    wish people had a sense of humor , this is fun in their way , just enjoy it and move along
    wel some people will do anything they can just to hang some people up and punish them.Its a joke,its not like they were screaming some horrible shit.Also its funny when someone dressed up as twin towers and plane exploding on it.Of course its not funny for everyone but its a damn joke.To punish people,make them lose their jobs,be thrown out of their community its beyond stupid.Walls are closing in on joke and what can be funny and what can not.Bit of dark ages we are living now

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Some things aren't funny. Would you find it just as hilarious if half of those teachers dressed up as jews and the other half as a gas chamber?
    Yes. Yes I would.

I am not offended, and I will not pretend to be.

That said, this is dumb as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps. In this instance I do not believe the 'joke' is racist.
    I'd like to add that you don't have to be a racist to do something that's racists.

I would guess that the teachers were just trying to be relevant without realizing how inappropriate their costumes might be for an elementary school.

Offensive jokes are (can be) funny. Elementary school, not the place for it.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    How could they not think they being anything but offensive?
    Cause they have a sense of humor...you should try getting one.

Ah, the "this is just a joke guyz" crowd, my favorite crowd of middle school idiots.

No, they weren't killing people, and I'm pretty sure no one was foaming at the mouth outraged about this. But bad taste can be bad taste even if it's a "joke," and even if the event wasn't a massive world-ending affair. And that expression of recognizing bad taste is not a binary "outraged beyond reason" and "not concerned at all," but can exist on some point inbetween on a continuous scale.

This, and other lessons in basic human functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Some things aren't funny. Would you find it just as hilarious if half of those teachers dressed up as jews and the other half as a gas chamber?
    Yes let's compare genocide to keeping people out of a country....totally the same thing.../sarcasm

15+ Year Old Account
    i got a kick out of this one