Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Diablo has "just become a meme"? What the fuck are you on about, mate. Do you speak in a language not born of 4chan, imgur, or reddit?
    We're on the internet, so language commonly found on the internet is acceptable, if you have a problem with that, try making a suggestion on the suggestion forum.
    Otherwise, bite me.

You really think that your anger about this shit, or the anger you see on most of these sycophantic forums, is the bottom line? That anyone on the Blizzard payroll stops and thinks about what you're saying when the dividends keep having commas added to them every month?
    I'm not angry, but considering what kind of bow you are stretching you seem to have a lot on your chest.
    Besides, if Blizzard abandons their fanbase of favor of other people, you will obviously get shred by said fanbase, whether that is from a financial PoV profitable is another story, however you, as company, have to take the heat from the people you leave behind.

You're delusional and inarticulate but you imply Blizzard is somehow incompetent.
    Yeah, it's surely good promotion to receieve boo's at your own convention and seeing your announcement trailer breaking downvote records.
    If Blizzard made this decision full knowingly what the Backlash is, okay, but that would just show that they have no interest in their current fanbase anymore, trying to portray said fanbase as stupid angry mob would be just PR at this point to save face in front of their new desired fanbase.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Blizzard got lucky on Hearthstone.

Other new games, such as Overwatch and HotS, are in overcrowded genre.
    The old games, such as Warcraft 3, are in out of dated genre.

We have to wait for the next recession to see which big game company can survive.
    I bet many large game companies will be out of business.
    Lucky? They made a fun card game with easy to understand mechanics. That's the Blizzard formula. Take something popular and make it easy to understand and accessible. Every game and every expansion and every sequel has followed that formula.

The RTS genre is dead because it's too technical for today's casual audience, but WarCraft 3 has had quite the resurgence over the last year or so. Warcraft 3 HD is going to sell well.

Diablo mobile? Yeah that's not what I wanted, but it's probably going to do quite well for them. They said they have multiple Diablo projects in the works and the smart thing to do would be to have announced that they're working on a sequel in the main series even if it was years away.

A genre being dead doesn't mean much. Fighting games were dead for about a decade and Street Fighter 4 revived it.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Deleted
    blizzard will never die unless they close their servers/projects themself

do you think people are genuinly mad about diablo mobile that a company would die? no, if the sales are bad they say "we listened to our community this time and here is diablo 4" a complete new lore wise game but i dont think they will bother with it anyway since path of exile exists

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Most of the "fans" on this forum are like longtime drug addicts who are upset the drug they've been on for a decade or more isn't giving them the same high the first shot did. Rather than accept that they've simply gotten tired of it they claim the product has gotten worse and rant and rave about the company not caring to make it "good like it used to be" anymore.
    Perhaps the drug did in fact lose potency. Considering the game isn't really hooking new players let alone keeping old ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    I feel like game making has become a chore as opposed to a labor of love and when you do something NOT wanting to do it, you get crappy results.
    Oh, absolutely. And it is a completely objective process linked to development costs. You can make a hand-made car with love if you're only a handful of workers on it, but you can't transpose that logic to an assembly line.

So, this means you have to sell a lot of copies (or subs) just to get your money back, which means you have to cover a large audience (and not just those hardcore fans which are few and far between). And so on, so forth. It's Economy 101, really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Perhaps the drug did in fact lose potency. Considering the game isn't really hooking new players let alone keeping old ones.
    You would first have to prove that today's gamers are looking for the same drug as the games 15 years ago. Which is not exactly the case, since instant gratification took over, together with microtransactions.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Blizzard isn't out of touch, you're just self absorbed.
    The mobile game market is huge at the moment especially in the Asian marketplace where Blizzard maintains a strong presence. They would be out of touch you NOT attempt to dive into this market further with an established IP.

It's just not for you, and that's fine but making things not directed at you specifically does not make them out of touch.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

mmo champions...
    RISE UP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

7+ Year Old Account
    Acti-Blizz increased yearly revenue from 10 bil to 60 bil since 2012 (I think). They are 4th gaming company by revenue, beating EA. No, they are not dying.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Oh, absolutely. And it is a completely objective process linked to development costs. You can make a hand-made car with love if you're only a handful of workers on it, but you can't transpose that logic to an assembly line.

So, this means you have to sell a lot of copies (or subs) just to get your money back, which means you have to cover a large audience (and not just those hardcore fans which are few and far between). And so on, so forth. It's Economy 101, really.

- - - Updated - - -

You would first have to prove that today's gamers are looking for the same drug as the games 15 years ago. Which is not exactly the case, since instant gratification took over, together with microtransactions.
    yeaaa blame it on the market not the shitty game. Some people and their delusions.

Multi-billion dollar company, don't be daft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    yeaaa blame it on the market not the shitty game. Some people and their delusions.
    Right, because WOW is the only MMO that exists in the world. Oh wait, it isn't, yet all MMO releases fail over the place. Clearly, all those developers are clueless and only Tikcol knows how to make MMOs. But Tikcol is not making MMOs and prowls on the forums instead XDD
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

What a ludicrous topic... Blizzard are still making billions and are still releasing QUALITY content.

A mobile game being announced which is like an insanely lucritive market is not the sign of a game company dying.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    who are these people with amazing phones that will risk running out of battery while out and about in the world?
    cause if they do it at home that is just sad
    I don't know. I am not one of them and I dont understand why they want to game on their phone but the numbers do not lie.
    The 2017 Year In Review Report by SuperData shows that mobile games remain the biggest sector, generating $59.2bn, followed by PC at $33bn and consoles at $8.3bn.
    Source

Mobile gaming is HUGE, bigger then the rest of gaming combined and growing faster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dravec View Post
    I bet Blizzard’s stock will take a hit after the shit show this Blizzcon has been, but I don’t think Blizzard will be dying any time soon. Overwatch and HS still make them a good amount of cash, and WC3 Reforged and Classic will keep them afloat for a while. I do, however, think Blizzard’s days as a mega gaming company are numbered. Too many of their games are failing, no way are they going to continue as one of the biggest gaming companies without some major internal changes.
    Stock will go up as stockholders react positively to Blizzard entering the biggest gaming market.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    as sad as it sounds, they gonna make shit tons of money out of this crap....

Like for overwatch for example.

mobile gaming is the future.

Now allow me to bleach my mouth.

Right, because WOW is the only MMO that exists in the world. Oh wait, it isn't, yet all MMO releases fail over the place. Clearly, all those developers are clueless and only Tikcol knows how to make MMOs. But Tikcol is not making MMOs and prowls on the forums instead XDD
    Eh, he's a bona fide troll, at least he stopped flooding the forums with "guilds are archaic, remove guilds" anyway.

Deleted
    The only game that has a shred of passion from blizz devs is overwatch atm. Everything else is shite

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I don't know. I am not one of them and I dont understand why they want to game on their phone but the numbers do not lie.
    Source

Mobile gaming is HUGE, bigger then the rest of gaming combined and growing faster.

- - - Updated - - -

Stock will go up as stockholders react positively to Blizzard entering the biggest gaming market.
    Isn't king already the biggest money maker of ActiBlizz? Dat candycrush yo

They're just chasing the almighty buck, not much else to say. They did that by making the worlds greatest games in the 90's and early 00's. Now they're doing it by making loot crates and mobile games full of micro transactions, because that is where the margins are in 2018. Can't really blame them but you just have to suck it up and move on. There will always be players looking for quality PC games so there will always be developers willing to make them, maybe just not blizzard anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    The only game that has a shred of passion from blizz devs is overwatch atm. Everything else is shite
    Ironically (or unironically, depending) the most enthusiastic devs I saw during Blizzcon yesterday were actually the Classic team with WCIII: Reforged, like, they genuinely seem like the love remastering that game.

There were as many mmos when WoW had 12M subs as there are now.

Tikcol is a consumer, are you implying only game developers can criticize the game? That's genial!