Poll: Which hypothetical allied races would you actually want to play?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    I heard that too? Wasn't sure how real that was... But here is the thing; So were Naga. The Naga were actually planned in classic. Nothing ever came of that tho.
    Naga wasn't as much "planned" as it was suggested and quickly scrapped when they realized the difficulty of anchoring armor on them and particularly how to get them to ride mounts. They had an interview on that topic and apparently the mount fitting was a bit of a deal breaker, and has been why they've since said only bipedal races are ever going to be playable

I heard that too? Wasn't sure how real that was... But here is the thing; So were Naga. The Naga were actually planned in classic. Nothing ever came of that tho.

The Sethrak mostly interest me because they are something new. With the Vulpera - which was always a When and not If question - we got 3 furred beast races, 4 Elves, 2 Dwarfs, 2 Midgets and the rest (Humans/Kul'Tirans, Orcs/Ethnic-Minority Orcs, Trolls/Aztec Trolls and Draenei/Shiny Draenei) are also distinctively humanoid even tho they my split off from the norm in bodymass or foot-print. Sethrak are - like you said - at least unique. Kind of a fresh wind, you know?
    Yep. So far we have this boring, semi predictable scheme, so if they add sethrak at least there are chances for something different and not that we have undead, worgen, goblin, gnome left and likely in the current scheme it mean that we need another UNDEAD race, another Worgen alike race, it's not like human leader could bring some different race or something.
    Like with Mag'har orcs even tho i love my brown orcs and heritage armor, they should be introduced as heritage armor questline that also add customization options, and then have orc character to talk with rexxar for example and bring ogres or mok'nathal half ogres..

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Cute foxes will always be popular in MMO's because many loves cute and pretty.

As for Sethrak, even tho i don't like lizard races and all this stuff, they look nice. Low chances i would play one, but still, they look unique.

Not that much love for big, dangerous looking, a little on the ugly side races.

@Maxrokur, still i press ''x'' to doubt when it comes to lightforge undead.
    Human model with gold eyes sounds even more boring than mecha gnomes and this whole corny lightforge thingy.
    Let's see what they have prepared(probably some early model or art concept), the vulpera were just goblins in a fur suit without tail, after a lot of ptr builds they got a lot better in shape and animations(some are even new) so I expect the same treatment for the last 3 allied races considering they still have a lot of time for 8.2 and 8.3.

Also the alliance doesn't have much options left even if we take Sethrak over the mechagnomes and the whole point of the prequel book was to create undead Calia
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2018-11-02 at 12:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Mechagnomes if their racial is to repair your allies gear or ogres if they are similar to the ogres from WC2

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    OGRES they're the only race in wow I want to play as.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    ...still i press ''x'' to doubt when it comes to lightforge undead.
    Human model with gold eyes sounds even more boring than mecha gnomes and this whole corny lightforge thingy.
    Maxro has a point. The lightforged undead are gimmicky bullshit and im hardpressed to find something interesting about the idea since it will be either glowy humans or glowy forsaken. But they set it up in the book as some important event and all and that... worries me. They are probably as strong of a contender for the next allied race as mechagnomes...
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Maxro has a point. The lightforged undead are gimmicky bullshit and im hardpressed to find something interesting about the idea since it will be either glowy humans or glowy forsaken. But they set it up in the book as some important event and all and that... worries me. They are probably as strong of a contender for the next allied race as mechagnomes...
    Well, i hope we will find out in few hours.
    Maybe they will show all new allied races in the same way they did it at the last blizzcon and all speculation will stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where's the option for "no more allied races, please"?

Allied races are one of the least interesting and most obvious time/money sinks that Blizzard has introduced into the game in a long time. For the most part, they're very slight recolors/reskins of already existing races, shoehorned in with fewer customization options and scuffed lore.

Not only do you have to grind for reputation endlessly to even unlock any allied race but once you do, you have to go through the slog that is the current leveling experience from 20 to 120 to unlock an armor set that you can only use on your allied race. Congratulations, your reward is that you can stand around SW while looking like a carbon copy of Dark Iron Dwarf #2183. Why the fuck would they restrict the usage of the heritage sets to a singular race? At least let other races use it to make it more worthwhile.

To recap, this is the current allied race experience:

1) You waste time.

2) You waste more time.

3) Your reward is that you can look like a copy of everyone else.

4) And somehow you're still excited about allied races.

Something's wrong with people.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Where's the option for "no more allied races, please"?

Allied races are one of the least interesting and most obvious time/money sinks that Blizzard has introduced into the game in a long time. For the most part, they're very slight recolors/reskins of already existing races, shoehorned in with fewer customization options and scuffed lore.

Not only do you have to grind for reputation endlessly to even unlock any allied race but once you do, you have to go through the slog that is the current leveling experience from 20 to 120 to unlock an armor set that you can only use on your allied race. Congratulations, your reward is that you can stand around SW while looking like a carbon copy of Dark Iron Dwarf #2183. Why the fuck would they restrict the usage of the heritage sets to a singular race? At least let other races use it to make it more worthwhile.

To recap, this is the current allied race experience:

1) You waste time.

2) You waste more time.

3) Your reward is that you can look like a copy of everyone else.

4) And somehow you're still excited about allied races.

Something's wrong with people.
    Well, everything is alright with me, but you must be stalking me - knowing me and my experience so well.
    But certainly something is wrong with your post, when you change ''you'' to ''i'' and current allied race experience to ''my current allied race experience'' it will be alright then.

Hozen/Jinyu might make me quit. Well, Jinyu are.... literally just there. Super bland, but Hozen, i cannot take a race built around poop flinging, banana twirling, and Ook-as-a-verb-like-Smurf dialog.

Arakkoa, Sethrakk, Ogres and Mechagnomes.

I'd like a robotic race, and I'd wanted Arakkoa since I was a teen. Sethrakk and Ogres I've seen people ask for a lot, so they'd be cool.

The Sethrak mostly interest me because they are something new. With the Vulpera - which was always a When and not If question - we got 3 furred beast races, 4 Elves, 2 Dwarfs, 2 Midgets and the rest (Humans/Kul'Tirans, Orcs/Ethnic-Minority Orcs, Trolls/Aztec Trolls and Draenei/Shiny Draenei) are also distinctively humanoid even tho they my split off from the norm in bodymass or foot-print. Sethrak are - like you said - at least unique. They use the Worgen basic skeleton but you need to actually search for that resemblence to notice it. Kind of a fresh wind, you know?
    Actually Sethrak have an animation set that includes partial Worgen, Pandaren and Dreanai skeletal animations using the new unified player character rig implemented with the model rework but as you can see from their neck and head structure and animation. Along with their tail. It's not the actual 1 to 1 skeleton of any player race.

Also we're drastically underserved when it comes to non-mammalian races in general so Sethrak are very hype for me. Gimme Sethrak, Saurok and Mantid, please blizz!
    Edit: Oh and Arrakoa

totally forgot that they don't use race specific skelettons anymore O_O

Mecha gnomes are the only interesting thing on the list for me.

P.S. no more elves please

Mechagnomes look so much more likely now that we've seen what's next.

What about Gilgoblins? They said at Blizzcon that we will be meeting a new friendly survivor group when we go to Nazjatar and I think they specifically said that they will be Horde aligned which would make sense since the Junker Gnomes are Alliance aligned.

Also on a side note the Lightforged Undead is usually called the Redeemed by the community as its kind of like a counter to the Forsaken
    Last edited by Blazindragon1737; 2018-11-03 at 07:59 PM.

Lightforged Undead, because it makes no fucking sense and that makes it amazing.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Mechagnomes look so much more likely now that we've seen what's next.
    Look at those wrists and explain to me how 2D painted armor would fit on that without just creating a skin layer and removing the one thing that makes them distinct.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazindragon1737 View Post
    What about Gilgoblins? They said at Blizzcon that we will be meeting a new friendly survivor group when we go to Nazjatar and I think they specifically said that they will be Horde aligned which would make sense since the Junker Gnomes are Alliance aligned.

Also on a side note the Lightforged Undead is usually called the Redeemed by the community as its kind of like a counter to the Forsaken
    Thread was made before Blizzcon. When we all assumed Vulpera would be the Goblin Skeleton Allied Race.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Where is the none option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... i do want Sethrak and Vulpera, really likely to play a Sethrak, but to be fair, the only race i can assure you i would play, is Sanlayn, i would race-change my BE hunter to a Sanlayn in a heartbeat. (well as soon as a deal with the pesky reputation tied to that specific allied race -not a fan of it, but better than having to do Legion reps for allied races-)