Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    I hope we get tinker class at some point yes.

Modelwise, I do prefer actual real Mechagnomes (Mimiron - Wotlk style). Those enhanced Gnomes reminds me more of Appleseed / Deux Ex with the Steampunk victorian look / hairstyles. It's cool but to me it seems disconnected with WoW world and lore.
    Yeah, I dont think these Gnomes will be an allied race. Supposedly this culture worships machines, and you're actually considered better the more robotic you are. That doesn't really jive with either the alliance or the horde. It doesn't even jive with Gnomes themselves. So this sets them up as potential villains, and considering we're bringing this Horde along means they could be major villains.

Also the thing that makes them unique (robotic limbs) would be hidden by armor. Making them a poor choice for an allied race.

Deleted
    God i hope so. The gnome heritage armor is such a good tinker set.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking that since they mentioned both Gnomes and Goblins taking an interest in Mechagon and with Goblins being updated, perhaps these mechanical features would be added as customization options ala the Night Warrior for nelves or gold eyes for belves. I'd love to see that! Maybe the Goblin ones can be a bit more spiky and unstable looking, as is befitting their particular style of engineering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farasus View Post
    Thats actually pretty exciting and would fit in with the next expansion maybe being old god themed. You know because machines and robots are immune to old god corruption and whispers?
    No they're not.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    While that may be true, it really just does not make sense.

At least before this latest sub exodus, wow just RAKES in money, and a huge chunk of it is the paid services and paid cosmetic shit. Wow prints money.

For them to have a crew small enough to hurt the game, just seems so damn short sighted.
    Im not saying that what you say is wrong, wow sure makes hell lot of a money for them.
    but they are short in dev numbers, we can see them doing just ONE thing good and then messing other stuff up because they dont have time for them before releasing them, so they just do them half assed.

and also if they dont consider wow a cheap milking cow then why they dont just add to their team? instead we see they just chop off devs from wow team to add them to other projects and games.
    what other reason they failed at class balancing ( which could honestly go a lot easier if they actually used the whole information provided to them by beta testers community. )

they didnt even put enough time in the core expansion features before launching them on live servers. everything that they are doing for IE they could do it before. the whole warfront disappointment ? honestly I believe they knew from the day one that it should have been pvp, but balancing it out and adding balanced pvp elements in it would take a lot of time. hell they even removed the possibility to lose in Warfronts. back in the times of winter spring and tol barad I was a hardcore fan of them, I would do participate every time that I could.
    because ME being there could actually make a small difference. hell, I was playing Kazzak alliance back in the day. and it was at its best like 65-70% horde.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thats actually pretty exciting and would fit in with the next expansion maybe being old god themed. You know because machines and robots are immune to old god corruption and whispers?
    explain mimiron in ulduar then of they are immune. did i miss somethign there?
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

@OP
    I seriously hope that this is the case.

Someone needs to read up on the curse of flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    I hope we get tinker class at some point yes.

Modelwise, I do prefer actual real Mechagnomes (Mimiron - Wotlk style). Those enhanced Gnomes reminds me more of Appleseed / Deux Ex with the Steampunk victorian look / hairstyles. It's cool but to me it seems disconnected with WoW world and lore.
    Yeah, I'd prefer the real Mechagnomes to these guys.

That said, I agree with others here in saying that they're not going to be an allied race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motso View Post
    There has been at least one 'tinker' thread going on here at least for literally years. Usually the responses have been people RAGING that Tinker will never happen. I know for a fact I have been blasted several times for attempting to discuss the obvious efforts to introduce a tinker style vehicle system to the game over the last 4 expansions. Buuuut now that we know its a real possibility, suddenly all the vitriolic eye rolling reactions have chilled out and suddenly we have a dozen or so posters parroting stuff us tinker fans have been saying for years.
    There's still plenty of people who hate the idea of the Tinker. It's the same type of person who has issues with Pandaren and the Monk class. They seem unable to deal with the fact that not everything in WoW is dark and brooding, and that some fans actually enjoy the more light-hearted elements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great!

Now to beat last boss in 8.3 or 9.2..whatever,.... only Mechagnomes will be picked.

I guess I'll need to reroll Mechagnome Monk Tank.

I hope.... I hope to dear imaginary God, that they make Mechagnome Druids with Mecha transforming druidism power, with all new Mecha animal forms.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Before they announced Mechagon I saw no chance they were going to add Tinkers as a new class. They always could, sure, but we had nothing in game to suggest they would do that.
    But now with Mechagon being a reality it's almost sure that at some point they'll introduce a Tinker class, IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

No it isn't /thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Setting up robo gnome allied races maybe. A tinker class highly unlikely. They are in the weeds with the specs they have now.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

First off if you dont PVP or Raid consistently at mid to high levels then class balance is fine. Many folks play the game and could care less about max level and end game
    Most players in the game are LFR at best. Class balance is fine except for the top 10-15 percent and that is being kind.

On this forum we have to understand our environment, we are far more involved in the game compared to your average player.

That being said, Tinkerer or any other class, will be in when Blizzard believes they can make it a fun and unique experience. Any argument otherwise isnt fully recognizing Blizzards own design philosophy.

Maybe Tinkerers are the bonus class for WoW Immortal? (Sorry had to)

With all the ideas, suggestions and possible "hints" ingame a Tinker class as a the next hero class would make the most sense to me. They even have the opportunity to add another range dps using bows, xbos and guns. Maybe they even can be tanks and healer (who if not the Gnomes and Goblins would shot at friends or throw bombs at them to heal them?)
    After that, it gets a little harder. I could see some hints for Dark Rangers (though I can not see a class that works on that idea, and I have not seen a good suggestion thread that would convince me) and a Blademaster with seeing this unit in Warcraft 3 again, and some hints in the game (MagHar Blademaster, a Draenai Blademaster on the Vindicaar) but this is a very biased opinion of course.
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

Allied Race or modification most likely. As much as I like tinkerers as a class idea, WoW has too many specs as is and can barely handle them.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, OP. They are just setting up the lore for Junker Gnomes. You won't get your tinker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BedlamBros View Post
    There's still plenty of people who hate the idea of the Tinker. It's the same type of person who has issues with Pandaren and the Monk class. They seem unable to deal with the fact that not everything in WoW is dark and brooding, and that some fans actually enjoy the more light-hearted elements.
    I don't hate Pandaren. I loved MoP. Best xpac for me.
    I don't hate Monks. I barely played one, though, because i had other alts to level.

The Tinker class idea, on the other hand, makes me wanna puke.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    No more new classes.

They can't even get the existing ones into a good place, why in the hell should we add more?

In fact, I think they should REMOVE some specs, since they have shown themselves wholly incapable of keeping 30+ specs relevant.

That would be a painful process for some, of course, but a good move for the health of the game.

For some examples: merge arms and fury. Remove arcane, scatter their abilitys between ice and fire. Merge cat and bear again, in a way that makes sense. Remove a warlock spec, remove a rogue spec. Remove disc, make holy a current disc/holy hybrid.

Etc.

I don't expect this idea to be popular, but the wisest moves in MMO design are rarely popular. Pruning for example, EQ2 is a prime example of what you get without pruning, a bloated, grotesque mess. Did wow prune too much? maybe.
    WoW has 12 classes with 36 available specializations. For any MMORPG, especially one that is decade+ old - that's NOTHING. I can't recall a single instance where less options is better in any game. Whenever a new class or spec gets added, some work well with it, some don't work with it at all and that's how you have a meta.

Should they balance the classes more properly? Absolutely.
    Should they make the classes fun to play again? Hell yes.
    Is perfect balance of every spec doing below 1k DPS in contrast to highest/lowest spec good? No - lots of classes CAN bring unique things to the table, Blizzard just doesn't utilize them.

I wish Blizzard had balls and just surprised us with 3 new complete new classes with 8.1 or 8.2 - out of blue. EQ2 had more than WoW to begin with and they just kept adding.
    Last edited by ymn; 2018-11-04 at 04:13 PM.

D: I don't want Tinker I want some sort of void shadow hunter thing!

Fear not though Blizzard, I won't lash out like a child if you do announce Tinker or something completely different.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Tinker as a class? no definitely not but Robo gnomes as an Allied Race for the Alliance? Definitely! But in saying that, are they really going to go full out Nightborne again and give a race we both help to one faction? At least it will stop the Alliance (im the Alliance) being salty over the HM Tauren and Nightborne
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.