Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I hope by "update" they mean they will launch seperate servers with the "new" expansions.

Like: X servers are Vanilla, Y Servers are tBC, Z servers are WotLK, etc etc.

Would also be nice to be able to copy/carry over your characters across them....to kinda emulate the feeling of progressing through each Xpack with the same characters.

"The team plans to update WoW: Classic alongside the Modern game. They can't confirm if WoW: Classic will get expansion launches but will continue to ask for community feedback"

This is really interesting. Wondering if they're talking about TBC and Wrath or an alternate timeline with different expansions and areas?

Quote Originally Posted by sathus View Post
    They do and their friends do, maybe realm mates even. So many people talking about how important community is in WoW. Don't be an ass.
    ofc, Goblin guy took more than needed, but what others did is just basic stuff, should not be hard to comprehend.
    The technology exists to have a Blizzard Minion™ at the line, with a tablet, to record who they are, what class they play, what faction, and who their guild is, and feed that to the control booth, and overlay it onto the feed.

Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Artifacts have special rules, you can transmog them over anything so long as you are the spec for that artifact.
    Yeah but that's my point - it's not some technical limitation or balance issue that's preventing them from allowing xmogs of wands into whatever. It's just them saying so for some inscrutable reason that doesn't seem to be applying to artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    "The team plans to update WoW: Classic alongside the Modern game. They can't confirm if WoW: Classic will get expansion launches but will continue to ask for community feedback"

This is really interesting. Wondering if they're talking about TBC and Wrath or an alternate timeline with different expansions and areas?
    They're gating the raid releases as a progression, so...could be. They're obviously in wait-and-see mode to see how populated the servers are.

I doubt we'll see alternate timeline expansions, from what I understand, the team assembled to recreate Classic isn't that big, and they'd have to hire another full team to support two evolving MMOs.

Expectations for Classic are off the chart. Scale it back to "Get the Classic server up and running", then start speculating once population numbers start rolling in.

Glad they acknowledge RNG has gone too far and they like the idea of adding vendors back. That’s good
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2018-11-03 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    It's really easy. Same way you have the same collections on 2 different servers. The data isn't tied to your realm, its tied to your account.

You said how, not why.
    I could easily see that option increasing the overall population of classic players (and because it's one way it wouldn't affect classic) but I guess some would prefer smaller realm populations when players who just tried it (ie. those who weren't around for classic) don't like the grind and then leave, leaving the populations down. Also depends on how many servers they think they'll need. MMOs have a habit of over doing initial servers and then those servers lose too many players when the novelty wears off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Glad to we they acknowledge RNG has gone too far and they like the idea of adding vendors back. That’s good
    But how they've dealt with vendors coming up doesn't solve the problem, at least for expeditions, as the vendor offers only new stuff and not island drops so doesn't help with the RNGception at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    They're gating the raid releases as a progression, so...could be. They're obviously in wait-and-see mode to see how populated the servers are.

I doubt we'll see alternate timeline expansions, from what I understand, the team assembled to recreate Classic isn't that big, and they'd have to hire another full team to support two evolving MMOs.

Expectations for Classic are off the chart. Scale it back to "Get the Classic server up and running", then start speculating once population numbers start rolling in.
    Two timelines would be so weird. Imagine waiting until Dec. 11th to finally get to play Zandalari after 14 years of waiting and then you find out you're in the shitty timeline and have to go back to Classic and wait again. :'D

Quote Originally Posted by sathus View Post
    They do and their friends do, maybe realm mates even. So many people talking about how important community is in WoW. Don't be an ass.
    ofc, Goblin guy took more than needed, but what others did is just basic stuff, should not be hard to comprehend.
    It's a waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The team wants to"
    "The team has plans to"
    "The teams has discussed, but"
    Seems they discussed a lot.

also: "Wands will still not be able to be transmogged over because they are unique and do ranged damage."
    Haven't seen people use Wands to pull mobs since Wrath.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post

That would be badass!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

If you want Blizzard to continue re-releasing old expansions on top of classic in the future:

1- You continue to live in the past instead of naturally moving forward towards new experiences.
    2- Asking Blizzard to continue fragmenting the dev team and their allocated resources between two separate MMO development paths, resulting in further BFA's.
    3- You're wasting your life on this ONE game (there are plenty of other great choices, especially in today's gaming industry).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Yeah but that's my point - it's not some technical limitation or balance issue that's preventing them from allowing xmogs of wands into whatever. It's just them saying so for some inscrutable reason that doesn't seem to be applying to artifacts.
    They created the special rule for artifacts because in Legion what artifact you used was tied to your spec, not your weapon specializations. Some specs even got weapon types that their class normally doesn't use. The rule for Artifacts is basically, "If you could equip your Artifact in Legion, you can transmog it."

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Glad they acknowledge RNG has gone too far and they like the idea of adding vendors back. That’s good
    Too little, too late.

Vendors should have been implemented since 7.2. Yes, LEGION.
    /spit@Blizzard

They're driving a wedge between old veteran Horde players and new players who pick Horde. One person sees them very differently from the other.

"Items collected in Classic will not transfer over to Modern WoW."

Thank.The.Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    3- You're wasting your life on this ONE game (there are plenty of other great choices, especially in today's gaming industry).
    I only play persistent, online, multiplayer RPG style games, anything else bores me, and there's very few good ones of those.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Too little, too late.

Vendors should have been implemented since 7.2. Yes, LEGION.
    They're not even implementing them right.... "Oh you're sick of rng drops, here! Rng vendor! unless you want to spend 2-3 months grinding one piece that is!"

I looked at the questions submitted on wow forums US and the most popular one was : why are professions irrelevant?

Did they answer that?

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Actually they did specifically address that in the Q&A and said the limitations for wands were a bit trickier because they have a ranged attack with a unique animation that wouldn't work well when translating to a melee weapon type, including artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    I looked at the questions submitted on wow forums US and the most popular one was : why are professions irrelevant?

Did they answer that?
    No, my guess is though, they don't know how the fuck to handle them so they just keep them irrelevant outside of things like gems and enchants. Wish they'd just knock off the FFXIV system, it's not for everyone, but it's miles better then "why am I leveling blacksmithing?"