Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Who supposed that?
    Everyone.

And, if so, how having the classes in Alphabetical order would ruin the big reveal?
    Because the natural order for a reveal is to be at the very end of a slide. Is this an actual question? They'd stop in the middle for applause for Paladins then just skim over the rest like they aren't as important.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    It's going along the logic that the player class monks are trained by the Neutral Pandaren Order due to their connection with the August Celestials and the Pandaren are not exactly friendly with the Zandalari historically.
    aren't there friendly pandaren AND vrykul in the port of Zuldazar trading peacefully?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Everyone.

Because the natural order for a reveal is to be at the very end of a slide. Is this an actual question? They'd stop in the middle for applause for Paladins then just skim over the rest like they aren't as important.
    You seem to think that "everyone" was expecting just this reveal from Blizzcon. Stop projecting you and your inner lore circle of friends.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Lets be fair now, peopel would not have been angry if kul'tirans were at mages/locks and palas - i mean it's hardly surprising.

btw, how are zandalari mages ? I thought trolls learnt to be mages from the forsaken - but while trolls used all sorts of magic from back tehn, they never mastered particualr ones like the arcane that the night elves made into a study and hence the mage class or nature that again the night elves made into a study hence teh druid class.
    Zandalari had mages long before anyone even heard of such a thing as elf. They learned it during their Alliance with Mogu period. Vol'Jin's book even went this far to confirm it. In said book Vol'Jin had vision of his previous life where he was Zandalari mage and used arcane magic to harm pandaren.

Zandalari sorcerers also raised a shield that protected Zandalar from Sundering, just like it was done with Suramar.

Zanza the Restless the only known troll that ascended to Loa granted to Amani his enchants which were vastly superior to elven to the point that they had to steal them as they were unable to counter them or make anything better.

There are Zandalari Arcanitals roaming Zuldazar streers.

Zandalari are priest/scholar society.

For them to not have mages would be a lorelol.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

You seem to think that "everyone" was expecting just this reveal from Blizzcon. Stop projecting you and your inner lore circle of friends.
    It's been a pretty hot topic, and Blizzard have answered questions in the past few months asking if we'd get paladins for Zandalari with varying degrees of "we don't know yet. Maybe." They were very aware that it was something a portion of the community was asking for and excited about, so it's perfectly reasonable that they could have set up their slide to reveal paladins at the end, since that's the more 'exciting' reveal, since it was both asked for and discussed often, and wasn't listed on the original Allied Races page.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    It's been a pretty hot topic, and Blizzard have answered questions in the past few months asking if we'd get paladins for Zandalari with varying degrees of "we don't know yet. Maybe." They were very aware that it was something a portion of the community was asking for and excited about, so it's perfectly reasonable that they could have set up their slide to reveal paladins at the end, since that's the more 'exciting' reveal, since it was both asked for and discussed often, and wasn't listed on the original Allied Races page.
    "Portion of the community" does not equal "everyone".

Back on topic though, if that's the case, why did they add Paladins on the Allied Races page, but not Warlocks? They were on the same slide with "revealed" Pallies.

Guess OP is wrong, going by your reasoning.
    /spit@Blizzard

Back on topic though, if that's the case, why did they add Paladins on the Allied Races page, but not Warlocks? They were on the same slide with "revealed" Pallies.

Because they realized that the class balance was off if they could be warlocks and while KTs couldn't be mages. We'll see what the final word is, but it's best to take the website as the final say and assume that the OP is wrong. If they'll be able to be warlocks like Blizzcon said, they'll add Mages to KT to balance the amount of classes each can be by one each.

So yeah, in the meantime, Blizzcon and the OP are wrong. No dev has commented after the fact on what's going on with the classes either so I'll take the official website as gospel.

I'm really not talking about the rest of it, and I'm not going to jump track off of my point. I'm just trying to explain what the poster you responded to meant- that "everyone" should have been able to deduce that Zandalari paladins were a reveal, because of the way they were discussed prior to Blizzcon, and because of the position of Paladin on the slide. He's just trying to answer the question as to why they were out of alphabetical order, and I think it's a very reasonable deduction.

As for warlocks, I don't know. A reveal that they forgot to put on the Allied race page? A class that was originally intended to be revealed, but was cut before the presentation, but after the slide was made, and not corrected? Unlike paladins, it's not shown in both locations, so we can't be certain which is right right now. So... yes. It's possible OP is wrong about warlocks, I suppose. Does that matter in the context of what I'm saying about it being reasonable to conclude that paladins were intended to be a reveal based on evidence presented?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I'm really not talking about the rest of it, and I'm not going to jump track off of my point. I'm just trying to explain what the poster you responded to meant- that "everyone" should have been able to deduce that Zandalari paladins were a reveal, because of the way they were discussed prior to Blizzcon, and because of the position of Paladin on the slide. He's just trying to answer the question as to why they were out of alphabetical order, and I think it's a very reasonable deduction.

As for warlocks, I don't know. A reveal that they forgot to put on the Allied race page? A class that was originally intended to be revealed, but was cut before the presentation, but after the slide was made, and not corrected? Unlike paladins, it's not shown in both locations, so we can't be certain which is right right now. So... yes. It's possible OP is wrong about warlocks, I suppose. Does that matter in the context of what I'm saying about it being reasonable to conclude that paladins were intended to be a reveal based on evidence presented?
    Maybe i'm old enough to not get hyped by such idiotic schemes of presentation. Wouldn't matter to me if they revealed Paladins alphabetically or not. But I consider it a mistake, same or even worse than the Warlock conflicting information.

I wouldn't use it as an argument if they were smart enough to present Zandalari classes in a random (guess they love RNG only in game, duh?), non alphabetical way, though. That would work just as fine as a reveal (with Pallies last and keeping tension throughout the whole class announcement) and wouldn't make me thing they're idiots for trying to fool people for like 10 seconds about Zandalari Pallies not making it to the game.
    /spit@Blizzard

Zandalari have more than KT, but Dark Irons had more than mag'har.

Maybe i'm old enough to not get hyped by such idiotic schemes of presentation. Wouldn't matter to me if they revealed Paladins alphabetically or not. But I consider it a mistake, same or even worse than the Warlock conflicting information.

I wouldn't use it as an argument if they were smart enough to present Zandalari classes in a random (guess they love RNG only in game, duh?), non alphabetical way, though. That would work just as fine as a reveal (with Pallies last and keeping tension throughout the whole class announcement) and wouldn't make me thing they're idiots for trying to fool people for like 10 seconds about Zandalari Pallies not making it to the game.
    I don't think it's about me, or the other poster, or anyone else getting "hyped" by the "scheme" of the presentation. I'm literally just saying that that's probably why they did it that way- because it's thought to work, and therefore would be seen as sensible.

All I'm saying here is that it's an obvious reason for them to have set it up that way.

Imagine being mad about one horde race having access to more classes than alliance one, how fucking sad is ur life?

7+ Year Old Account
    Zandalari shouldn't be monks. That's my only complaint.

Kul Tirans should get Mages and maybe warlocks.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Zandalari shouldn't be monks. That's my only complaint.

Kul Tirans should get Mages and maybe warlocks.
    Considering part of the quests in Kun-Lai summit involve pretty much a Zandalari invasion it does seem rather far-fetched

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaeval View Post
    Considering part of the quests in Kun-Lai summit involve pretty much a Zandalari invasion it does seem rather far-fetched
    While that's a different faction of Zandalari, they did have a war in the past, that being their only contact until now. I don't see the Zandalari trying to learn martial arts from PANDAREN from all people.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    Yes, when people get new things and you get 10 and I get 10, then people are not angry.

hard concept?
    No, they'd still be angry. Particularly the Horde, since this would sustain the current imbalance of Dark Iron having two more options than Mag'har.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    really? How do you explain zandalari monks then? Especially in the context of no lfd monks, if your argument would be "they learned from horde pandas".
    this is sparta!

I feel like we should be asking the inverse. Why the hell are the other allied races so restrictive?

There was a time when I enjoyed class restrictions but in 2018 WoW it's starting to feel a little pointless, lore has already been stretched since cata to allow a lot of racial combos that feel odd. To me, I'd just like to see Kul Tirans and other allied races get more options. Give us void elf death knights, demon hunters and paladins, lightforged warlocks (you mean in thousands of years of fighting not one of them thought of binding and enslaving demons to force them to fight for them? they're zealots...) and shamans, nightborne demon hunters and druids, highmountain priests and paladins and kul tiran mages warlocks and/or paladins.
    If Blizzard wants to bend lore to allow a thing, they can and easily will. If it were up to me I'd just scrap restrictions entirely because years of fighting together with these other races have likely allowed every race to potentially be any class except maybe demon hunters.
    Last edited by Irian; 2018-11-04 at 03:38 AM.

Deleted
    I want more classes for void elves, Death Knights for example would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    That still doesn't explain why the August Celestials would bless them.
    Here's a comparison to try to point out how silly you are.
    "Doesn't make sense for the elements to bless any orcs to be shaman, because some orcs became warlocks or dark shamans."
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.