Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    If they said, we are working on x project, here is a mobile game for you to enjoy in the meanwhile no one would have a problem.

problem is they hyped up this Blizzcon and only had Immortal to show for it.
    Diablo fans hyped it for themselves. They had to release a video and a written statement, like last year, to help kill the hype. Blizzard tried to not hype them.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Never heard of them. But I guarantee a vast majority of people know Activision over Inquest. And having them basically blacklist you for walking out on the job would not be a good thing for your career.
    Inquest Magazine, used to write articles for them back in the early 2000s. Huge scandal where a ccg company was offering good payout for good reviews and I (rightfully) shat on their unbalanced mess of a game. Article was not published and I was blacklisted from ever doing anything with a Ziff publication ever again. Did some work with Pojo after, but that site is a god dammed mess.

Glad I got out though, the amount of corruption in that field would make IGN blush.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    FGO does have some serious power creep (most notable in Jeanne d'Arc (Alter), Waver (who completely trivializes the game), Merlin (ditto), and Chloe von Einzbern (an EMIYA clone who's better at everything than EMIYA is, despite being a freebie), but it's balanced out by being entirely PvE and, as you mentioned, 1-3* characters can easily clear the game (hell, people do Cu solo runs all the time because he is insanely tanky and has great damage output).

And yeah, Blizz's reaction is a PR nightmare. "Sense of pride and accomplishment" levels of total PR fuckup.
    Yeah but the thing is they actually do things like coding the npcs to attack support casters first and things like making Merlins buffs worthless.

And you don´t need them it makes the game just easier. And you can just say Jalter, it´s a accepted fandom name like Salter, Dickwizzard aso.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    Not even https://www.diablofans.com/ has covered it, and that community has been hardcore fans for a long time.
    It is up on Diablofans

Deleted
    We found out what other diablo project they are working on:

Next to

We are getting

Just realized I'm old and gaming magazines havn't been a thing for a decade now

That aside, Q&A is a damage control fluff with no hard questions to speak of. Now what am I going to do with all this popcorn?

Quote Originally Posted by thediceman View Post
    Inquest Magazine, used to write articles for them back in the early 2000s. Huge scandal where a ccg company was offering good payout for good reviews and I (rightfully) shat on their unbalanced mess of a game. Article was not published and I was blacklisted from ever doing anything with a Ziff publication ever again. Did some work with Pojo after, but that site is a god dammed mess.

Glad I got out though, the amount of corruption in that field would make IGN blush.
    That's...a bit of a different situation than what happened here, though. You upheld your journalistic integrity to not accept a bribe for a good review.

These were just two devs literally doing their job. They aren't being bribed, they aren't doing anything ethically or morally wrong...they are just....disappointing fans.

So while what they had to say SUUUUCKED I don't hold those on stage at fault for it.....except that one snarky "YOU ALL HAVE PHONES!" comment. They can screw themselves for that one. But we got back at them for it thanks to our hero in the Red Shirt.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    We found out what other diablo project they are working on:

Next to

We are getting

Nobody asked for these.jpg

Just realized I'm old and gaming magazines havn't been a thing for a decade now

That aside, Q&A is a damage control fluff with no hard questions to speak of. Now what am I going to do with all this popcorn?
    I miss gaming Mags.

I used to get EGM. And it was ALLL about that Hsu & Chan comic in the back. I looked forward to that shit every issue XD

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody asked for these.jpg
    A lot of people who play OW asked for Lucio-Ohs, actually.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quite sure we will soonish here something new from other diablo projects, after this disaster.

From the summary:

Currently looking at what itemization will look like in the game. Legendary powers will definitely be a part of it.

Also looking at how to upgrade and improve items over time. Socketing will be part of items in some form.

Haven't figured out business model. Focusing on making an excellent game first. When the game is farther along will figure out what the right business model is.

Hahahah yeah right, the game is going to be heavily loaded with microtransactions for upgrades, guaranteed, they just can't say it due to the amount of negativity they know they'll get ^^

The second fan apologized to Blizzard for April Fools Guy’s inappropriateness. More cheering.
    A " fan " apologized to Blizzard ? First of all a " TRUE FAN " never apologized to Blizzard for that and second , Blizzard had to be the one who apologize from their " FANS "
    Can you please , please (for the love of god ) pleeeease stop acting like this. Its 2018 dear Blizzut ! We are not idiots and we know about " DAMAGE CONTROL ". And guess what ? We also know those 4 guys are not fans ! They are Activisionists , Blizzardopolus Humongosis.

At least that clown fiesta is over now ... thank god !

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss gaming Mags.

I used to get EGM. And it was ALLL about that Hsu & Chan comic in the back. I looked forward to that shit every issue XD
    I still get PC Gamer every month. There's rarely anything in it that I'm interested in but if I didn't scan through it I wouldn't know anything at all about what's going on with the PC platform. I miss EGM too.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Quite sure we will soonish here something new from other diablo projects, after this disaster.
    Maybe. But I doubt it'll be before 2019.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I still get PC Gamer every month. There's rarely anything in it that I'm interested in but if I didn't scan through it I wouldn't know anything at all about what's going on with the PC platform. I miss EGM too.
    Remember those Demo Discs? I still have one of their old ones from WAAAY back that had the WORMS demo on it. I miss that thing...I still remember its menu: going down that elevator into that underground bar where you could choose your Demo to play. Ahh thems were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Diablo fans hyped it for themselves. They had to release a video and a written statement, like last year, to help kill the hype. Blizzard tried to not hype them.
    They sell tickets for cash to an event built entirely around hyping new announcements. You're a bit loony.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2018-11-04 at 05:13 PM.

I miss gaming Mags.

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of people who play OW asked for Lucio-Ohs, actually.
    I miss gamepro oddly enough and EGM. Lamepro april fools was always fun.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    You're right, they didn't release a video with their community manager literally promoting and hyping several projects /s

They had to release a video and a written statement
    .. What? They never released a video trying to reduce the hype infact they did the exact opposite, let me quote you their video for you

"Forges are burning hot here at Blizzard and we have multiple projects in the works. Some might take longer than others, but we might have something to show you later this year"

August this year btw.

2 years after being skeleton crewed and the best they have to show for their work is a Mobile game they didn't even make except partner with Netease with art asset collaboration.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    wow. those questions were such obvious plants that I'm amazed the people asking weren't green with chlorophyll.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Am I the only one really concerned that the game is far enough in development that the entire Diablo area was devoted to playing this game and yet they do not know ("haven't figured out") how the game is going to be monetized?

People are asking why Blizzard announced this at Blizzcon. Just remember if they hadn't there would have been NO new game. NO Diablo. Nothing. Everyone complains about Blizzard not communicating but it is obvious they rather no communication than to hear something that didn't go with their expectations or wants.