Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

how will blizzard break the bond between the player and sylvanas

like its very obvious by now from blizzcon that this choice to stick with sylvanas was thrown in at the last moment and is most likely going to be short lived. it may shock u to learn that all these cinematics about saurfang they keep making are not going to culminate with saurfang being "executed as a traitor by the rightful warchief sylvanas to mass cheering from her loyal horde soldiers". eventually the player is gonna have to come around for the sylvanas raid boss at the end of all of this.

so in the unlikely event that its not just a couple of boring token quests and there's actually a parallel story for a while where the horde player can serve sylvanas how can blizzard possibly bring these idiots to the point where they no longer want to serve sylvanas

i would suggest its gonna end with sylvanas attempting to sacrifice the player. ive thought this through for the past 3 or 4 minutes and it seems to me that if they want to show us how far sylvanas is gone they are going to have to have her sacrifice nathanos to something. probably n'zoth. i mean if shes walking around with xalatath now its a safe bet shes going full old god at some stage.

if they want to show us sylvanas has gone way over the deep end they will have her give up nathanos in exchange for more power. and we will be like holy shit he was the only one in the horde you actually kind of liked you really just killed that guy

now to spice things up here how about if the player is serving her at the time she tries to sacrifice both nathanos and the player. and u are getting fed to n'zoth to make sylvanas more powerful and shes just standing there like "later champion, btw im gonna raise all your friends and guildmates as undead later when i get back to orgrimmar" and u are getting sucked into the void like fuuuuck shiit goddamn

anyway obviously sylvanas wanders off and u click something to do a 3 second use animation then fall on the floor and then ur quest log opens up like "now sylvanas has actually tried to kill you. you the only one who was dumb enough to back her against saurfang in the saurfang expansion. and you didnt even get the worn cape toy or w/e. you're out for blood now go to warchief saurfang and agree to join the new new new horde 0/1 get going"

would that be enough do you think or would people still be on sylvanas's side here

and if its not enough what do you think would be.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-11-04 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

It doesn't matter what she does, even trying to sacrifice, a player. Her zealots will always remain her zealots and no amount of evil is going to change that, they simply won't break the bond because too many people like her, even after all the evil shit she's done.

Remove her boobs, that is how you remove the bond players have between em.
    she has been evil since cataclysm, what she did then removed her from my list of charecters i dont want to die.

she went from providing a home to those who were homeless
    to providing a home to those who SHE MADE HOMELESS
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-11-04 at 05:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard to say what direction the story is going to go in, but my gut tells me that as Sylvanas turns more and more of the Horde's leadership against her she will eventually come close enough to achieving whatever her mystery ultimate goal is that she just up and leaves the Horde and those players who were following her just stick around because they don't really have anywhere else to go. They may include a few stern lines from Saurfang/Baine/Lor'themar chastising the player for their choice in following her for so long, but nothing else really comes of it.

The one who love her will never stop loving her.

Its almost a weird political angle where certain...people in the US will do anything as long as it pisses off a certain...other group in the US.

I swear a bunch of the hardest of the hardcore fanboys just get off pissing other people off over it.

They create another Undead Female with bigger titties?

Srsly, is there any reason to like Sylvanas in her actual form, except the people that like her for the waifu thing?
    (okay, maybe the missing of alternatives may be a reason, if you don't want Saurfang)

People dont want another MoP. There is literally nothing they can hamfist to make people hate her.

Make her ugly. Suddenly people will have an "Oh shit, she's worse than Garrosh" epiphany moment and stop supporting her.

People cling to what Sylvanas used to be before BfA and don't want to let go of a character they used to like that is now little more than the current baddy of the month.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    she has been warchief for a long time. time to let it go, she is annoying and hardly fitting for the horde anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    People dont want another MoP. There is literally nothing they can hamfist to make people hate her.
    i don't know very many people that like her as a warchief. she was a great faction leader for the forsaken, but a terrible warchief. Hamfist or not, it's time to correct an error. Down with Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathululock View Post
    she has been warchief for a long time. time to let it go, she is annoying and hardly fitting for the horde anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

i don't know very many people that like her as a warchief. she was a great faction leader for the forsaken, but a terrible warchief. Hamfist or not, it's time to correct an error. Down with Sylvanas.
    Maybe they should fix another error and retcon Anduin out of existence.

I'm not sure if you can change the minds of diehards. See, a large part of the support for Sylvanas at this point stems from something Blizzard may not have accounted for -- spite. Spite because, of all the directions Blizzard could have chosen - and yes, this story could have gone many different ways - they picked a tired, tedious, rehashed piece of shit.

You notice how even after Illidan was a cartoon supervillain in TBC, his fans still loved him enough to prompt Blizzard to bring him back from lore purgatory through a soft-retcon? Or how people still like Kael'thas after he became a meme? Or Garrosh after he started eating Old God organs?

It's the same thing with Sylvanas. Except probably even worse because she has more clout with the fanbase and they are recycling a story, after they explicitly told us they wouldn't do so.

Personally speaking, what they're doing now does not make me hate Sylvanas or wish to see her killed. It just makes me hate Blizzard and wish to see them apologize. I'm at the point where I would rather help Sylvanas turn Azeroth into some undead utopia, if only because I don't want to be manipulated into accepting MoP 2.0
    Last edited by ello; 2018-11-04 at 06:23 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    She has her soul transferred into a male gnome
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

If I'm going to be forced to side with Saurfang to fight Sylvanas I won't touch the Warcraft franchise ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    It doesn't matter what she does, even trying to sacrifice, a player. Her zealots will always remain her zealots and no amount of evil is going to change that, they simply won't break the bond because too many people like her, even after all the evil shit she's done.
    There's quite a few who like her for the evil, not in spite of it.

As a die-hard Forsaken player who hates all life, there's only one thing Blizzard can do to Sylvanas to break my bond with her - make her alive again.

They wont. Sylvanas will go out in a way similar to Illidan, where her fanboys can be like 'look how lovely and heroic she is!' and the sane people can just be glad to be rid of the psychopath.
    There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life. ~ Private Leonard Church

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zora-Prime View Post
    If I'm going to be forced to side with Saurfang to fight Sylvanas I won't touch the Warcraft franchise ever again.
    Same. Getting really sick of their blatant lies.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Same. Getting really sick of their blatant lies.
    So not only will Sylvanas be dead, but her fanboys will quit? Sign me up!
    There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life. ~ Private Leonard Church

From what has been said at Blizzcon it sounds as though they plan to have her become the greatest threat to the Alliance and potentially the Horde ever. As per her having anything to do with her working with N'Zoth or the Old Gods I highly doubt it. The lore has been clear that the Void wants her dead. They want nothing to do with her, unless it involves her dying. Not to mention that lore has established that the undead seem to be immune are super highly resistant to it effects. What a lot of people are missing with that pic of Sylvannas holding Xal'atath is that the blade appears to longer house Xal'atath. If you pay attention to it, where the eye should be, it is gone in the pic. I think that's the blade after Xal'atath has been freed of it and given a body of her own.
    Last edited by shadowfyre27; 2018-11-04 at 06:08 AM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfyre27 View Post
    From what has been said at Blizzcon it sounds as though they plan to have her become the greatest threat to the Alliance and potentially the Horde ever. As per her having anything to do with her working with N'Zoth or the Old Gods I highly doubt it. The lore has been clear that the Void wants her dead. They want nothing to do with her, unless it involves her dying. Not to mention that lore has established that the undead seem to be immune are super highly resistant to it effects. What a lot of people are missing with that pic of Sylvannas holding Xal'atath is that the blade appears to longer house Xal'atath. If you pay attention to it, where the eye should be, it is gone in the pic. I think that's the blade after Xal'atath has been freed of it and given a body of her own.
    i mean even if u are right here dude why do u think sylvanas is going to have a dagger thats name is literally "the blade of the black empire"

heres a hint: its not to bring the horde to a new age of prosperity free from the old gods

of course it could just be a troll by blizzard but we may as well work under the assumption that its not until proven otherwise