10+ Year Old Account
    So...

Student has no respect.
    Teacher shows patience.
    Student acts disrespectful.
    Teacher tries to stay calm.
    Student acts hostile.
    Teacher tries to stay calm.
    Student tries to take it on as an 'adult'.
    Teacher decides to strike out.

I don't condone teachers hitting students but I don't condone disrespectful students either.

Couldn't vote, didn't feel it fair to say the teacher wasn't justified.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    I don't envy teachers having to teach ghetto trash like that in public schools, or students knowing they're untouchable and take full advantage of it.
    ^Its been going on for years sadly, thank god I survived Detroit Public Schools. Really though I don't know if its the parents or just kids who thinking they are untouchable.....what a mess.

5+ Year Old Account
    The teacher tried to ignore him and the kid kept egging him on. Good on the teacher for putting that shit in his place.

He should have called security though.

What really annoys me are the kids taking videos and that one kid going up and filming from up close. Idk it's really obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Snake View Post
    Latinos are from Latin America.
    Exactly what the fuck lol, it isn't a race. It is a ethnicity based on a shared culture and language. You can be Japanese and be Latino, hello Brazil. You can be black and be peruvian like Susana:

Listen to this song and look at all the different types of people, we're not one race.

Famous Afro-Latina Peruvian who grew up facing discrimination from the more white Peruvians.

Also Tego:

You want to tell me they aren't black?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    While I disagree with your view on this thread, props for pointing the latino thing out. Really we should stop using Hispanic and Latino as racial category when one's a linguistic/cultural classification and the other ones a geographic term.
    My family is from the west indies and latin america (puerto rico, cuba) so i'm well aware of the race issues of the area and abroad.
    Last edited by Themius; 2018-11-04 at 03:05 PM.

The whole thing was about respect and not losing face.

The kid was upset because the teacher wouldn't respond to him, the teacher didn't respect him.

The teacher got upset because the kid was disrespecting him.

All this happened in front of witnesses so your reputation was on the line.

Very macho situation.

That teacher is 64 years old it said, $50,000 bail. Sheesh. He taught that kid a lesson that will serve that kid well for the rest of his life, unless he's stupid.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I personally feel the first hit was justifiable, it was the follow up ones where the teacher went too far.
    One hit to stun/scare/disorient him then throw him out of the class, with force if need be and then call security, that's what should have happened.
    I would have said just to order the student to leave but it most probably would not have happened with this student.

And just to make it clear, I don't advocate for violence no matter who you are, especially if you're an authority figure like when it's adults in charge of children but the student truly asked for it and it would sadly most likely had lead to violence no matter what the teacher did in that situation.

Only complete failures become teachers.

Or people too simple to see their earnest desire to better the youth of tomorrow is running into societies "Well I've got these kids that I don't really give a toss about, you do it"

THat said the retard who did the filming deserves a beating just for being too dumb to know how to record things on a phone, jesus christ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Sarahtrasher needs to come in here and turn this into smth about alt righters, nazis and proud boys.
    Conceited much? Not everything is about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Exactly what the fuck lol, it isn't a race. It is a ethnicity based on a shared culture and language. You can be Japanese and be Latino, hello Brazil. You can be black and be peruvian like Susana:

Listen to this song and look at all the different types of people, we're not one race.

Famous Afro-Latina Peruvian who grew up facing discrimination from the more white Peruvians.

Also Tego:

You want to tell me they aren't black?

- - - Updated - - -

My family is from the west indies and latin america (puerto rico, cuba) so i'm well aware of the race issues of the area and abroad.
    Yeah, I'm not really Latino myself, but I have a lot of relatives in Mexico, Brazil and Argentina. Basically when my ancestors were leaving Southern Italy, a good chunk fled to the US while another portion spread out across Latin America.

It's a shame that most Americans think Latinos are just Spanish-speaking brown people, on both sides of the political spectrum. I mean, it's like America, you have black and mulatto Dominicans, Haitains, you have mestizo Mexicans, Salvadorians, etc as well as white and black people, you have Brazil which is a country heavily mixed of Portuguese, German, Italian, Angolan, Japanese and even Lebanese descent and the south which is pretty homogenous (I think Argentina is like 67-70% Italian).

I mean in America you have celebrities like Shakira, who's Colombian of Lebanese and Spanish descent, you have Louis C.K who's Mexican-American of Hungarian descent and you have a number of Afro-Latinos I won't even begin to try and count.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Because he is trash. Forced castration on his parents (= source of issue) would have fixed this, but it's a bit late for that. You can't abort a 16-year old.
    Don't be too hasty. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post
    This, never hit a student unless it’s self defense even then, you’re an adult call security they’re paid resolve issues like this.
    Well to be fair not every school has security.

The little thug's parents should be sterilized.

lol whenever u click a video in the internet of something uncivilized and to an european unimaginable behaviour its... well a coloured person involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    Yeah, I'm not really Latino myself, but I have a lot of relatives in Mexico, Brazil and Argentina. Basically when my ancestors were leaving Southern Italy, a good chunk fled to the US while another portion spread out across Latin America.

It's a shame that most Americans think Latinos are just Spanish-speaking brown people, on both sides of the political spectrum. I mean, it's like America, you have black and mulatto Dominicans, Haitains, you have mestizo Mexicans, Salvadorians, etc as well as white and black people, you have Brazil which is a country heavily mixed of Portuguese, German, Italian, Angolan, Japanese and even Lebanese descent and the south which is pretty homogenous (I think Argentina is like 67-70% Italian).

I mean in America you have celebrities like Shakira, who's Colombian of Lebanese and Spanish descent, you have Louis C.K who's Mexican-American of Hungarian descent and you have a number of Afro-Latinos I won't even begin to try and count.
    It's pretty much the same in all Caribbean countries. Whether white, black, middle eastern, indian, chinese they're still all x thing. Like Jamaica she is Jamaican/Caribbean/West Indian whatever you wish to call her:

I think there is a serious lack of how ethnicity and races work outside of America. It is very alien to a lot of people here.

Yes, obviously the teacher was wrong. Although I don't blame him for his reaction either.

A bad upbringing or home life does not absolve you of your agency. The student should be expelled or suspended because his behavior should never be tolerated.

I really wish that poor behavior in public schools would warrant community service. For the student and their parents. I think these problems would get corrected awful fast if there was more accountability on all parties

Apparently Twitter are saying that this teacher got assaulted by 3 students a few years ago as well (caught on video), here's a link, it's 3 videos down:

https://twitter.com/LaFlackitaaa/sta...777857/video/1

After seeing this I really don't think the teacher was in the wrong at all, he probably felt he was in danger and went into fight mode and when that happens it's tough to turn that switch off. The sad part is the teacher has $50k bail. Maybe this is a part of the reason why so many inner city schools have problems, the kids know they can constantly challenge the teachers authority, threaten and challenge them physically, and if the teacher lashes out at all they are the ones that have their careers ruined whereas the teens themselves will elude any real consequence.

It's little wonder why there's a shortage of teachers in this day and age. They're woefully underpaid, too, for the sort of stuff that they have to deal with.

Deleted
    Violent kids should be expelled and teachers should be armed. I feel sorry for teachers who have to teach in an environment created by low IQ leftist policy.

its why i told my wife i could never be a teacher in todays pansy pc world. Is it coincidence that 100 years ago when a teacher was given full reign to knock the living shit out of a kid if he was disrespectful, we had less crime, and magnitudes more respectful kids? (rhetorical)

now a kid calls my wife a cunt (5th grade) she sends him to the office. The kid gets sent back to her classroom. Kids get in a fight, she sends em to the office. Kid gets suspended (reward the kid, wtg). Parents proceed to call the school pissed off wondering why the kids were sent to the office.

When I was young if i got suspended/detention etc, I was scared to death to go home. Not the case nowadays, and we are reaping the rewards as kids live at home at 30, and go on crusades to prove ISIS are friendly and women are as good as men in MMA.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Apparently Twitter are saying that this teacher got assaulted by 3 students a few years ago as well (caught on video), here's a link, it's 3 videos down:

https://twitter.com/LaFlackitaaa/sta...777857/video/1

After seeing this I really don't think the teacher was in the wrong at all, he probably felt he was in danger and went into fight mode and when that happens it's tough to turn that switch off. The sad part is the teacher has $50k bail. Maybe this is a part of the reason why so many inner city schools have problems, the kids know they can constantly challenge the teachers authority, threaten and challenge them physically, and if the teacher lashes out at all they are the ones that have their careers ruined whereas the teens themselves will elude any real consequence.
    That's so fucked up. No wonder people want to move away from the inner cities.