View Poll Results: Will the Horde and Alliance experience the 8.3 raid in different manners.

Voters
54. This poll is closed
  • Yes

13 24.07%
  • No

41 75.93%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Probably not. I think they are just testing the waters in BfA with this concept and if it works well they might bring it back in a future expac.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it's N'Zoth, hell nah.

If it's Sylvanas, maybe.

If it's both, see N'Zoth.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I think in the great scheme of things it doesn’t matter. Honestly, it’s not a split perspective raid. Horde and Alliance don’t get unique experiences, we just get a different order to kill stuff.
    It’s like the “choose Saur, choose Syl, choose nothing” upcoming quest line. Overall, you might experience something minor, but there is nothing major impacted from it.
    Now, if they truly made them unique and gave completely separate alternate storylines depending on factions (I.e. horde wins the war or Alli wins the war) and the way the story progresses from there it could be awesome. As it stands, nothing truly unique is really happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    The fact Dazaralor raid is split doesn't really matter because the WF Alliance kill will happen atleast a week after the Horde kill anyway, there won't be any real contest unless they really make Ally last boss deliberately easier which would probably be received similarly to Diablo Immmortal.
    Which wouldn't matter, because Alliance still has to do the Horde bosses.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I think it will, the expansion has to end with a final battle for the war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    I think it will, the expansion has to end with a final battle for the war.
    Sadly I think what we're looking at is a MoP situation.

Where Sylvanas sides with N'Zoth and the final raid is the now Saurfang-led Horde, alongside the Alliance, taking them both down.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Or one where you kill Illidan and Kil'jaeden

Or Arthas, an old god, Malygos, Kel'thuzad, and Anub'arak

Or Cho'gall, Ragnaros, and Deathwing

- - - Updated - - -

I could be remembering incorrectly, but wasn't it the leak that revealed that early on, not Blizzard themselves?
    No people were bitching that MoP seemed like an aimless filler expansion where we had no idea who/what we were fighting ultimately. They ended up dropping the G bomb to show that there was going to be an underlying plotline.

I know BfA being MoP 2.0 is a running joke but it really does seem, to me anyway, that this is them going back and telling the story the way they wanted to back then. I'm really beginning to think that they want, and have wanted, to do an end to the Alliance/Horde war for a while now. They laid the track in MoP but ended up pulling back at the last minute and ultimately reverting course going into Legion. Now they cranked everything up to 11 and are sticking with their guns and barreling through this story come hell or high water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Threndsa View Post
    No people were bitching that MoP seemed like an aimless filler expansion where we had no idea who/what we were fighting ultimately. They ended up dropping the G bomb to show that there was going to be an underlying plotline.

I know BfA being MoP 2.0 is a running joke but it really does seem, to me anyway, that this is them going back and telling the story the way they wanted to back then. I'm really beginning to think that they want, and have wanted, to do an end to the Alliance/Horde war for a while now. They laid the track in MoP but ended up pulling back at the last minute and ultimately reverting course going into Legion. Now they cranked everything up to 11 and are sticking with their guns and barreling through this story come hell or high water.
    The war ended. It was called Siege of Orgrimmar.

The thing is the war is a convenient excuse plot the devs can go back to any time they need an excuse to send us somewhere and something to fight there.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Sadly I think what we're looking at is a MoP situation.

Where Sylvanas sides with N'Zoth and the final raid is the now Saurfang-led Horde, alongside the Alliance, taking them both down.
    That would be a possibility, but I think what will happen is alliance side killing Sylvanas, but she wouldn't be the final boss, it would be Nzoth (a non split boss) or something like that, and from there the horde would be led by Saurfang to kill him (and alliance would se him helping them)

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be a possibility, but I think what will happen is alliance side killing Sylvanas, but she wouldn't be the final boss, it would be Nzoth (a non split boss) or something like that, and from there the horde would be led by Saurfang to kill him (and alliance would se him helping them)
    I'm thinking basically the same thing, but both sides kill Sylvanas.

Like I think the final LFR wing of the final raid will be Sylvanas and N'Zoth, like Antorus was Aggramar and Argus.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tradu View Post
    which wouldn't matter, because alliance still has to do the horde bosses.
    the endboss is different to both factions. Learn to read.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

the endboss is different to both factions. Learn to read.
    Yes, the order of the bosses is different. You still have to do all 9.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yes, the order of the bosses is different. You still have to do all 9.
    I hope you're trolling me. Of course you have to, but the END boss is different. Alliance doesn't end the raid with Jaina encounter for sure.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

I hope you're trolling me. Of course you have to, but the END boss is different. Alliance doesn't end the raid with Jaina encounter for sure.
    After Rashtakan youll enter the "horde mode" and kill the remaining 3 bosses, with Jaina as final boss.

I'm sure 8.3 will have to do with N'Zoth and at the same time Silithus/Magni/Sargeras' sword/Heart's Chamber/C'Thun. Probably Yogg Saron as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    What 8.3?
    They still aiming to reach the 1 expansion/year dream, that's why everything is steamrolled and works like a conveyor belt these days
    Nope, going into legion, they shafted that goal. they're doing 2years/expansion (like they always did in reality cuz they couldn't make it 1year/exp).

7+ Year Old Account
    After Rashtakan youll enter the "horde mode" and kill the remaining 3 bosses, with Jaina as final boss.
    What sense does it even make for Alliance players last boss to be their own faction hero? I think that's one of the worst decisions I have ever heard.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

10+ Year Old Account
    What sense does it even make for Alliance players last boss to be their own faction hero? I think that's one of the worst decisions I have ever heard.
    At one point Blizz was going to have it be where no matter what your faction's hero was the last boss. They apparently decided for the sake of progress tracking it should be a fixed order.

It’s like that because that’s the chronological order, after killing Zandaking you are toldnwhat happened in the horde side, while horde players are told the alliance side after the third boss.