View Poll Results: Too Soon? Too long?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • TOO SOON! YOU HAVE AWAKENED ME TOO SOON, EXECUTUS!

50 9.86%
  • Not soon enough! *shakes fist*

325 64.10%
  • Don't care either way! Zero fucks given.

132 26.04%

Thread: Flying in 8.2

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    How is it not fair? Let's see. Maybe because we're required to jump through a bunch of nonsensical achievements in Pathfinder Part 1 during patch 8.0, but don't actually get flying when we're done.

Then we have to do additional work in patch 8.1....but STILL don't get flying when we're done with that either.

After THAT we have to continue on until some time in patch 8.2, MONTHS after we've been doing all this completely unrelated tasks. And when we finally get flight? What's left on in the open world to do? A zone with no flying and a bunch of worthless world quests that you've already done a bazillion times to get flying in the first place.

Explain to me how that's fair. Give me reasonable examples of ANY other reward in the game that works this way.
    Going to go out on a limb here and say you didnt like the suramar progression last expansion? Seems like ANYTHING time gated(grind or patches) is a big no go. It just screws the player?

The achievement is a fair way for them to unlock flying. It has everyone jump through the same hoops to get what they want. Some people will grind as hard as they can to unlock it as fast as possible. Some people will slowly chip away at it the rest of the expansion. The fairness comes in the requirement is the same for everyone that wants to do it.

For 8.2, we've seen a few short clips and pics. Do we really know the entirity of what we will be able to do there? No. Who cares if I wont be able to fly there.

I bet you are one to believe that someone coming back to the game with BfA should be able to level any of the allied races, even though they didnt get the achievements required to unlock them?

And it wasn't good in either of those expansions either. There's no reasonable explanation for why flight is being handled this way. OF COURSE I don't like that! Give me one good reason why we are not currently able to fly in Zandalar or Kul'Tiras after having cleared the war campaign, ground the reps to revered/exalted, and done every single WQ at least ten times each. And so help me god, if you say "WPVP" I'll reach through the internet to slap your dog(gently, because he's actually a good boi).
    It worked perfectly fine for me in those previous expansions. I know there are plenty of people that liked the pacing of it, as I did.

As far as completing the war campaign, we are not done with it. We've finished several steps. The quest log implies we have more to do at a later time, so you are just ignorant in thinking we're done with it.

If you dont like the state of the game, the state of wpvp, the state of not being able to fly... Instead of bitching about it, do something else.

People are mostly ok with putting in the time and effort to EARN flying. The problem is NOT with doing the work.

The problem is with doing the work and still not getting to fly.
    Then stop complaining. You have not done the require work to get flying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Well, it's kinda like Legion (with exception that 8.2 will come relative later than 7.2). Big questions is that if flying will be available in Nazjatar, Mechagon and potential 8.3 zone(s).
    It definitely won't be. Blizz will not allow flying for relevant content anymore.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    It should be disabled in Warmode, and Warmode benefits upped slightly.
    100% agree.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    It definitely won't be. Blizz will not allow flying for relevant content anymore.
    It's not about content but money.
    They want the player to keep subbed as long as possible. So they add more grind, more time gating, more achievements to fulfill...
    The only thing they forgot was to add more fun.
    Funny thing, they had more players with flying aroud than today.
    Last edited by Anoikis; 2018-11-05 at 06:06 PM.

8.2: Flying enabled
    8.2.5: New zone, can't fly, negates everything of previous zones
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I miss flying.. I want to fly.. so I get things done ,, alittle faster

They want us to explore the world but to be honest, i would rather explorer the world on my flying mount. That would actually makes me want to explorer more.
    The world pvp, imo, would be much better. You remember grouping back in the dayz and raiding orgrimmar or stormwind? With flying, alliance players could group up and dismount in the great seal to kill everyone and make a big fight there. This is not possible right now without flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I hate flying. Removes the little wpvp there is.
    Disable Flying in warmode, problem solved. Adjust bonus for efficiency.

I completely finished all content in the six 8.0 zones months ago. Horde and alliance both. I don't even do WQs any more. I don't care about war resources, because the table offers nothing of value. I'm exalted with every faction. I finished every quest, explored every area. Killed every rare, picked up every one-time treasure. I even collected all the pets! I completely obliterated every last bit of open-world content in patch 8.0 to such an extent that I don't even leave town on my main. So... why can't I fly right now?

And failing that, why isn't it being added in 8.1?

The only answer is "just because". And that isn't an answer at all.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2018-11-06 at 05:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    BfA is dying so they should add flying in 8.1

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It should have been available from day 1 for players with warmode off.

Warmode players should wait so they can have their damn wpvp without ruining it for everyone else.

Flying should be always at the end of the expansion imho. Or fixed to be made into a part of the game.

8.2 is fair compromise.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Pathfinder means you completed all the open-world content. Therefore flying should be available in patch 8.0 for players that completed the Pathfinder: BFA achievement.

Then when they add Nazjatar, they should add a new Pathfinder: Nazjatar achievement that allows flying there too.

This approach just makes logical sense.

I've stopped playing the game at this point, so my opinion is a little jaded, but my own preference would be for flying to come around maybe six months before the prepatch for 9.0, and have no unlock requirements.

Keep world PvP a little more active, encourage exploration, and don't make newcomers to the game grind through 20+ hours of old content just so they can get around an irrelevant zone a little more easily.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It should have been available from day 1 for players with warmode off.

Warmode players should wait so they can have their damn wpvp without ruining it for everyone else.
    Or flying should only be enabled with warmode on, so players who are used to just getting given everything on a plate without any thought or effort, have to actually put some effort in to get good at the game so they can survive world pvp.

Also the reason they didn't add flying from day 1 has nothing to do with world pvp, they've already stated this. They did it so people have to actually feel apart of the world as they travel.

Which honestly with warmode off is pretty boring so I can understand why you would want flying. But for a good portion of players, they enjoy world pvp because it makes this fantasy world feel more real and dangerous.

Rather than 'oh look enemy faction, but we can't attack each other because we are in care bear mode'

Honestly the game is enjoyed best with warmode on and no flying, so it actually feels like a fantasy game full of war and not just some pansy world where you fly over everything so you can get to something faster.

Maybe you should try minecraft in creative mode.

Way to late. It worked perfectly fine in tbc and wrath. Buy it at endlevel and thats the end of it. I could go behind having to do some sort of pathfinder to experience some shit on foot. But still have it available in the first weeks of the expansion. Im not even doing content in bfa because i simply can't be arsed running there on ground. Not with this fucked up daze mechanic and mobs everywhere. your horse being unable to jump over a 2 cm branch on the ground sure helps you in loving ground mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    It should be disabled in Warmode, and Warmode benefits upped slightly.
    hahahahahaha.... /end of warmode

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Too long. TBH, people might be willing to accept no flying if Blizz would stop trying to cram most of the zones full of mobs and over-the-top pathing over purposefully difficult terrain.

As long as they continue to design the zones this way, you will continue to have people demanding flying ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I hate flying. Removes the little wpvp there is.
    Oh really? Because there was Wpvp in BC and Wrath, which both had flying.

Blizzard killed world PvP because there was no longer incentive to do it (and the old Tarren Mill/Southshore grudge match had been empty for years).
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Im not buying it, we all know the guys who give zero fucks will still go out and get it..