Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I heard Diablo was getting something new? What happen to that?

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Think it’s hilarious how many people say it’s the worst Blizzcon ever. Why? Diablo was the only announcement that let people down. Is that seriously enough for people to jump on the bandwagon of hate?
    I'd say yes.
    But it's not just the fact that blizzard decided to make a trashy third party cashgrab mobile game when people were expecting and hopping for a REAL new game from blizzard, but it's also because they made that announcement the "big announcement" of that blizzcon by keeping it last.

But that's not JUST that, if that game was announced next to other better stuff, like a real new game, nobody would have given a single fuck, but that wasn't the case. It came as a bad punchline to what was until then a very mediocre opening ceremony.

WoW had NOTHING, Hots, Ow, HS and SC2 got "the scheduled new content" and NOTHING more (they don't even bother to show what they are working, over are the days where they showed at least a couple of new heroes for these games), and for the rest we got 2 remake of what we already had.

I don't care about WoW Classic, I played it already, and when compared to today standard the game is just trash.
    The only thing that could be considered as even remotely interesting this year was the announcement of WC3R, it's YET ANOTHER remake, but this time at least they seem to have done it right this time (unlike the lame uprez of SC1), by taking the opportunity to actually rework a bit the campaign with some new intros to missions and all maps redone to align with WoW. But let's be frank, most people (me included) will only play the campaign once and that's it. The RTS genre is dead.

The only thing I hope (and that probably wont happen) would be for blizz to take the opportunity to release new extension for WC3, namely BC and Wotlk. THAT would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    Ok, I'm just curious, which Blizzcon do you think is a worse Blizzcon than this?
    Blizzcon 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    I'd say yes.
    But it's not just the fact that blizzard decided to make a trashy third party cashgrab mobile game when people were expecting and hopping for a REAL new game from blizzard, but it's also because they made that announcement the "big announcement" of that blizzcon by keeping it last.

But that's not JUST that, if that game was announced next to other better stuff, like a real new game, nobody would have given a single fuck, but that wasn't the case. It came as a bad punchline to what was until then a very mediocre opening ceremony.

WoW had NOTHING, Hots, Ow, HS and SC2 got "the scheduled new content" and NOTHING more (they don't even bother to show what they are working, over are the days where they showed at least a couple of new heroes for these games), and for the rest we got 2 remake of what we already had.

I don't care about WoW Classic, I played it already, and when compared to today standard the game is just trash.
    The only thing that could be considered as even remotely interesting this year was the announcement of WC3R, it's YET ANOTHER remake, but this time at least they seem to have done it right this time (unlike the lame uprez of SC1), by taking the opportunity to actually rework a bit the campaign with some new intros to missions and all maps redone to align with WoW. But let's be frank, most people (me included) will only play the campaign once and that's it. The RTS genre is dead.

The only thing I hope (and that probably wont happen) would be for blizz to take the opportunity to release new extension for WC3, namely BC and Wotlk. THAT would be awesome.
    LOL what u where expecting for WoW??? a new expansion???

SC been like this for the past couple of Blizzcon, every blizzcon a new commander.
    Hearthstone announce a new expansion. HotS a new heroe, Overwatch a new Hero and movie.
    And a new diablo game was announce even if it isnt your like is a new game.

ppl are so edgy this day hahahhaha im like 99% sure that most of the ppl that post on MMOCHAMP are like 15year old kids to be this edgy

Deleted
    Here is your "Blizzard" Mr. fan boys! Not even EA dared to do these things...

youtu.be/itBu7xfYekk

I have just uninstalled my battle.net.

Quote Originally Posted by dranlord View Post
    LOL what u where expecting for WoW??? a new expansion???
    Never said I was expecting something for wow, I was just pointing out that we got nothing.

SC been like this for the past couple of Blizzcon, every blizzcon a new commander.
    Hearthstone announce a new expansion. HotS a new heroe, Overwatch a new Hero and movie.
    These things would have been announced anyway since they are part of the standard release for these game (also, I don't know where you got that movie stuff). People don't pay to go to blizzcon to get presented that kind of stuff.

And a new diablo game was announce even if it isnt your like is a new game.
    Nop, a third party mobile game made by and for Chinese as a lame reskin of another mobile game was announced. That's a pretty difference that you try to ignore for some strange reasons.

ppl are so edgy this day hahahhaha im like 99% sure that most of the ppl that post on MMOCHAMP are like 15year old kids to be this edgy
    The irony of a guy using "edgy" but clearly not knowing what it means, writing like a child but still calling other "15yo".

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    WoW had NOTHING.
    New allied races, zones, cutscenes, dates, WoW classic timeframe, yeah so much nothing. I guess the new character was "nothing" for Overwatch?

Meh. For me Blizzcon was their last remaining chance to get some things right and they completely fumbled it. I would have been okay with what they showed for an "off-season" of Blizzcon if they hadn't done Diablo so dirty. As it stands I'm uninstalling all Blizzard applications on my computer and not paying them another cent until they get their collective heads out of their asses. I might be only one person and me not paying the company anymore might not do shit, but at least I know my money will be going to more productive avenues.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelliaind View Post
    Meh. For me Blizzcon was their last remaining chance to get some things right and they completely fumbled it. I would have been okay with what they showed for an "off-season" of Blizzcon if they hadn't done Diablo so dirty. As it stands I'm uninstalling all Blizzard applications on my computer and not paying them another cent until they get their collective heads out of their asses. I might be only one person and me not paying the company anymore might not do shit, but at least I know my money will be going to more productive avenues.
    If you're this upset about not getting the video games you want announced, I SERIOUSLY doubt your money is going to anything productive.

Quote Originally Posted by VekniDarkIron View Post
    New allied races, zones, cutscenes, dates, WoW classic timeframe, yeah so much nothing. I guess the new character was "nothing" for Overwatch?
    Dude, the allied races are literally stuff that was announced at the same time than the extension itself, dates of stuff we already knew was coming is nothing, and cut-scenes... really? Are we going to pretend that cut-scenes are wow content now?

And as I said multiple time already now, the Ow character is, just like the HS extension and the hots characters, standard scheduled stuff that will come out no matter what and would have been announced without blizzcon anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    I assume you haven't read what I've said. I've never said I mistook them as first or second wave feminism.
    You assume I'm not one of the "some people" in my own words where I say "Some people".
    You make several incorrect assumptions however this thread isn't about feminism and we're spiraling way off topic here.
    The topic was, initially, closely related because of why one wouldn't support code.org. It's only mildly about why we don't like modern feminism.

Perhaps we should get back on topic?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I'm just curious, which Blizzcon do you think is a worse Blizzcon than this?
    Blizzcon 2017? Look at the biggest announcements:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pol...ft-classic-wow
    A new hero in OW, a new map in OW, SC2 F2P, Hanzo going to HotS, a new update for Hearthstone, and the announcement of Classic. Sure, Classic has happy people, but imagine all the people that don’t give a crap about it. Those were the 6 biggest announcements, 4 of which we got this year, the new map of OW replaced by a shit ton of info coming for WoW patch notes and cycle, and the new game announcement being Diablo Immortal, which could be argued that overseas where the mobile market is huge has a potential canvass bigger than Classic.
    I’m simply pointing out that most Blizzcons have the same info, and saying this is the worst one because Blizz announces Diablo Mobile instead of D4, a new Diablo xpac, or a Diablo Netflix series is just disingenuous. Hell, every YouTube personality talking about how bad Blizzcon is discusses Diablo, and barely touch on all the good news and things to be hyped about. Whereas if you look at forums about it people are discussing things they are looking forward to in OW, WoW, Hearthstone, and HotS.
    That said, I do think Blizzcon this year had the worst reception of news by the fans, but I don’t see the Con itself as worst ever.

Diablo and now HotS has a necromancer.

Come on Blizz!!! WoW Necromancer or Voidmancer would be epic!

Blizzcon 2017? Look at the biggest announcements:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pol...ft-classic-wow
    A new hero in OW, a new map in OW, SC2 F2P, Hanzo going to HotS, a new update for Hearthstone, and the announcement of Classic. Sure, Classic has happy people, but imagine all the people that don’t give a crap about it. Those were the 6 biggest announcements, 4 of which we got this year, the new map of OW replaced by a shit ton of info coming for WoW patch notes and cycle, and the new game announcement being Diablo Immortal, which could be argued that overseas where the mobile market is huge has a potential canvass bigger than Classic.
    I’m simply pointing out that most Blizzcons have the same info, and saying this is the worst one because Blizz announces Diablo Mobile instead of D4, a new Diablo xpac, or a Diablo Netflix series is just disingenuous. Hell, every YouTube personality talking about how bad Blizzcon is discusses Diablo, and barely touch on all the good news and things to be hyped about. Whereas if you look at forums about it people are discussing things they are looking forward to in OW, WoW, Hearthstone, and HotS.
    That said, I do think Blizzcon this year had the worst reception of news by the fans, but I don’t see the Con itself as worst ever.
    Interesting. I disagree but respect your opinion.

I'm actually glad... it was about time, fuck Blizz. Over the years they have gotten too greedy.
    One thing people have to realize, there is no Blizz. There was core group of talented creative people with humour and charisma that created original series, and then there was corporation that wanted your money. Between expansions the balance was this way or that way, but once the original people cashed out, all you got left is souless leeches like Ion and upper echelon of corporate hacks. Those people never created anything. Fuck them.
    Also it opens up for other game companies to grow, so here's looking forward to Wolcen instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    Here is your "Blizzard" Mr. fan boys! Not even EA dared to do these things...

youtu.be/itBu7xfYekk

I have just uninstalled my battle.net.
    Want to fix that link, my man?

From a home viewer perspective possibly one of the best Blizzcon ever.

Putting aside the usual tech issues and the pretty buggy Blizzcon TV app… everything was on point.
    So many technical panels. Sound, acting, live artists, cinematics, engineering and QA. I LOVED IT.
    That's what a convention should be about. I had great fun.

On a sidenote, despite being mobile only (smart TVs maybe) Diablo Immortal looks like fun. Definitely not the worst project blizzard has worked on.
    IMHO, especially after seeing how hard it was to pull off, the DoA, QQer pacifying, absolute waste of money and resources that is WoW Classic is far far far far worse.
    Last edited by zenocide; 2018-11-05 at 08:42 AM.

Deleted
    Has anyone else wondered why they increased the price for the virtual ticket looking at what they delivered? I was expecting it to account for the classic servers but those are included in the regular WoW subscription. If so, why was the demo limited for virtual ticket holders and people that were on the con?

WC3:R and the mobile Diablo seem to be projects, that would be okay projects, if they were presented as side projects but instead the focus was on them. So how is it that Blizzard has stopped moving forward? Even if they're revisiting their past it doesn't seem like they're actually passionate about. As WC3 is still working it was the lowest hanging fruit to remaster. I don't see how it could be all on Activision (which seems to be what some people think) as Blizzard should be an equal and not just a contracted study (at least the title would imply this).

For those that argue that people are just mad because they didn't get their game announced it's probably a matter of perspective. Car comparisons suck as they usually badly fit but imaging going to an event for your favorite automotive company to see what their lineup of cars next year will look like. You expect facelifts but would also be looking for new models. Maybe get a look at upcoming new features they might be offering. Instead they focus on how they're diversifying their brand to start producing electric scooters. No new models, no innovations just facelifts and electric scooters. Sure the electric scooter would be an innovation for the company and you can even use it to get around but you were looking for cars not scooters. Whenever scooters are an apt comparison for mobile games or not might be debatable but it doesn't change that people expect to (primarily as the big features) expect to see shiny PC games or at least console games but instead they saw something they didn't want to see and were told to be glad they even got that to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    BlizzCon isn't just the announcements. It's also a place where every last one of the people around you has the same love for the same games you play. When was the last time you talked to a stranger about WoW
    And this time they managed to upset those people enough that they actively booed. They didn't just reluctantly clap or anything but really booed after spending quite some money to actually get there. Doesn't mean they didn't have fun with the other like minded people but part of the whole package just fell flat. Especially for those that only virtually attended. Going the meme way about it: Don't you have a phone?

Think it’s hilarious how many people say it’s the worst Blizzcon ever. Why? Diablo was the only announcement that let people down. Is that seriously enough for people to jump on the bandwagon of hate?
    Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying every other aspect was amazing, but every other Blizzcon does this. They discuss current games and upcoming changes or future patches being worked on, and the other year they usually reveal the next big xpac for WoW.
    From everything I saw revealed, Blizz pretty much did what they always do. Overwatch and WoW delivered what I thought they would: new characters for OW and future changes coming for WoW. Hearthstone and HotS I don’t really follow, but even they had new reveals. Seriously, the only negative thing I’ve heard has been about D3 making a mobil app. That’s not Blizz’s fault people got their hopes up for something they never knew was coming, let alone an IP that has no where near the following it used to (note I didn’t say it’s unpopular).
    It just seems like the bandwagon thing to do is jump on board the bashing of Blizz for 1 bad announcement. Honestly, how many people saying “worst ever...” even gives 2 shits about Diablo? Everything else from what I’ve been seeing has been discussed by people with good views.
    No,

And I'm not even using the current state of Blizzard games, specially WoW, that are far from the original Blizzard way of doing their games: Quality 1st. BfA is one of their worst products in all time (even text typos in huge quantity) as a base for it.

Instead, I'll start with the greedy change to virtual ticket: Price increase and poor rewards (with the WoW mount moved to that 6-month sub campaign that left many people out for adding 6-months ealier instead. They should give it to everyone who did add 6-months this year). Then proceed to deliver a poor opening and poor overall announcements (compared to the same kind of announcements of prior years) and a stupid move about hyping something that would not happen (something big for Diablo).

Not only that, but the guys on the stage for Diablo, mocking people for not liking their answer (for the question about the mobile gaming receiving many things from feedback that people gave over for the main game, if we would receive anything for PC at all), by taunting saying "don't you have phones? hahaha". Yes, people have, but they want to play it on PC (the plataform where the series was born). Even the game itself is just a re-skinned game from those guys. It's ok to have a project like that, it's actually great, but it's not ok to do it as they did.

Blizzard went from doing high quality products and receiving a huge amount of money because of that (and a lot of praise and recognition on the gaming industry) to trying to receive huge amount of money for the least effort possible.

Remember that a few years ago, Blizzard would just decide to not hold a Blizzcon in a year where there were not enough things to show. 2018 would be one of those years.

Player base/fans aren't some kind of an item that when you get it, it's yours forever. You never take them for granted. You never go reach out new customers/fans/players while leaving behind your current and old ones, because those are the ones that got you where you are now, those are the ones filling the halls of your "blizzcon" every year (and paying a lot for a virtual ticket, making the entire Blizzcon a really profitable product). Most important thing: You never make fun/mock them like those guys did.
    Last edited by VanishO2; 2018-11-05 at 11:44 AM.

mmo-champion should link the correct trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtSmAwpVHsA
    408k dislike but was 600k a while ago.

https://en.dislikemeter.com/video/RtSmAwpVHsA
    Last edited by s0rk; 2018-11-05 at 02:48 PM.

No Vulpera for Horde announcement?

/unsub