Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Its going to be free right?

They said they hadn't considered monetization, but that has to bo pure BS right? I mean its from netease, they make f2p p2w games, there is no real reason to assume they are going to make a b2p title in this space.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

7+ Year Old Account
    LOL. It will be "free" alright. But have fun paying real money for skills and gear. Town portal has a 24h cooldown, unless you pay 99 cents to reset it! Want new gear? Buy a loot box. Don't like the stats on the gear? Well, we have reforging for real money. Want to transmog? That'll cost money too.

I'm not making this up. The NetEase game that this is a reskin of *does these exact same things right now*.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    LOL. It will be "free" alright. But have fun paying real money for skills and gear. Town portal has a 24h cooldown, unless you pay 99 cents to reset it! Want new gear? Buy a loot box. Don't like the stats on the gear? Well, we have reforging for real money. Want to transmog? That'll cost money too.

I'm not making this up. The NetEase game that this is a reskin of *does these exact same things right now*.
    I don't see the problem with that. Nobody is putting a gun to people's heads.

Of course they will monetize it. Just look at what they thought they could get away with when they released the first version of d3.

It will be free with a cash shop yes, like most games of this genre

if it cost money, they probably wouldn't actually make as much money. f2p mobile games with optional "spend $12 to get 120 gems" payment systems tend to make loads more

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't put it past them.
    If so, you know you're the product if you decide to play.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Nice bait.

If what they said about "making excelent games no matter the platform" has any meaning, it should be buy once and no p2w bullshit.
    Would be nice to have a mobile game that exists because the creators wanted their playerbase to have fun and not to milk the whales.

The fact that they said that they havent thought about monetization, yet, is not a great sign though. If I had to plan a mobile game announcement on Blizzcon, talking about how this is not going to be the typical cash grab would probably have been my first priority.

So I expect this to be the next dungeon keeper online.

"You exhausted all your soul shards for today! Come back tommorow or buy fresh soul shards with our premium currency!"
    Last edited by owbu; 2018-11-04 at 09:15 PM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Ah yes, a thing can only be disliked if it has the underlying threat of murder. Makes sense.

Deleted
    Nah i bet for 19.99 + micro transactions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still feel strange about dropping more than $5-8 on a mobile game. I'll drop $20-30 on a PC remake of Final Fantasy games all day long, but $15 for a mobile version (that is legitimately good, dont get me wrong)... I just can't do it. I'd probably be more okay with a cheaper game with cosmetic microtrans than a more expensive game without.

I cannot see microtransactions NOT being a thing... So, cheaper is better.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Ah yes, a thing can only be disliked if it has the underlying threat of murder. Makes sense.
    Getting mad at vidya just seems silly.

Getting mad at vidya just seems silly.
    Except that's not what this is about, stop trolling.

It will be free to download, but it will take 20 minutes for your character to "regenerate" after you die (similar to clash of clans Barbarian king/Archer queen mechanic) unless you spend 5 dollars to speed it up! In order to reforge your shitty stats you need to buy gems and in order to get a 100% xp/gold/legendary drop rate boost you can spend 20 dollars per day. That is how "free" games work.

Deleted
    You are literally the cause of the cancer that is companies like EA today.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Except that's not what this is about, stop trolling.
    People literally are mad that Blizzard, a gaming company, made a video game. Just because it is on a platform they don't like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    You are literally the cause of the cancer that is companies like EA today.
    How so? Vote with your wallet.

Deleted
    How low have the mighty fallen. My guess is its gona be "free" to play and after few hours of fun it starts trying to milk your wallet.
    Thank god the reaction from fans is what it is. Hopefully they understand why ppl hate these mobile game cash grabs.
    Even if it was a decent game, its a decent game on a mobile phone. Playing games like angry birds and some city builder work well on the phone as they are simple games with simple goals.
    Im very dissapointed, but life goes on. Thank god things with classic look hella good and WC3 remaster seems nice.

People literally are mad that Blizzard, a gaming company, made a video game. Just because it is on a platform they don't like.
    I'm impressed you noticed, but I'll help you out a bit since you're having issues understanding: that's not what this thread is about, nor was it what you quoted was about.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew View Post
    Nah i bet for 19.99 + micro transactions.
    Exactly my guess. Wouldn't even be surprised if it was 29.99 with micro.