Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Literally told they have multiple diablo projects in the works, and they have been hiring PC based developers for a game in the diablo universe sooooooooooo yeah.
    That isn't a guarantee of anything, much less a new game.

If Blizzard had something to show for Diablo 4, or even an expansion for Diablo 3, I have no doubt they would have shown it.

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Ask the Diablo fans if they thought it was worth the money to be ground Zero for a mobile announcement.
    They didn't really have any reason to expect anything to be announced.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    to make more money! Everything they announced would be more feasible for a gamescon or E3. No need for a separate event
    It's almost as if Blizzcon could be more than just announcements of new games. They should add stuff like tournaments, and panels, and opportunities to meet and talk to devs and other people, over the couple of days it's running.

Crazy talk, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    That isn't a guarantee of anything, much less a new game.

If Blizzard had something to show for Diablo 4, or even an expansion for Diablo 3, I have no doubt they would have shown it.
    It was for a developer with DX12 experience, it's a new PC game. Blizzard also tends to not announce games until they have a demo together, I can't remember a game in recent years that they announced WITHOUT a demo to show it off, even OW had it when they announced it.

Basically, they should have pulled a Bethesda, but they're not the type to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    E-Sports are going to drive a Blizzcon every year from now on.
    Yeah pretty much. And I mean, it's a good time if you go.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Yup, it's a good place to not only show off games now, but a great place for their esports finals in all their games, and I find nothing wrong with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Questionable, I thought wow had a pretty shitty showing aside from the classic release for those who want that, mostly they just keep doubling down on the things making people quit for live.
    Doubling down? Idk about that, they talked about removing many rng elements in favor of determinstic rewards and taking more abilities off the GCD in addition to pretty great looking new content.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Doubling down? Idk about that, they talked about removing many rng elements in favor of determinstic rewards and taking more abilities off the GCD in addition to pretty great looking new content.
    They talked about moving MOVEMENT abilities off the GCD, not the things people want. And their "fix" of "deterministic rewards" is a vendor with RNG boxes or extremely long grinds for guaranteed rewards, and only if you do M+. The fact that they consider that a "win" is laughable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Yeah pretty much. And I mean, it's a good time if you go.
    I can imagine. I wish I was better at following it. It's very difficult for me to keep up as fast as it moves. Outside of WoW I'm just not quite familiar enough with the games to keep up the pace.

It's like hockey for me. "What? Oh!"
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    blizzcon isnt just about announcing new games you know...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Blizzcon used to always happen every two years which I admit was better, but they do it every year now and that results to some of the cons feeling weaker than the others. Remember the 'Geek Is' Blizzcon? :P
    No it didnt... it was literally every year except for 2006 and 2012...

- - - Updated - - -

They talked about moving MOVEMENT abilities off the GCD, not the things people want. And their "fix" of "deterministic rewards" is a vendor with RNG boxes or extremely long grinds for guaranteed rewards, and only if you do M+. The fact that they consider that a "win" is laughable.
    So you mean how it used to be...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So you mean how it used to be...
    It used to take 2-3 weeks to get a guaranteed piece, the ones they put on that vendor are 2-3+ MONTHS, and only if you do M+. The season will be over before you could get all your pieces if you're unlucky with drops... oh wait, they removed the drops in the process!

the overwatch world cup alone makes it worth it, that stadium was packed

7+ Year Old Account
    It used to take 2-3 weeks to get a guaranteed piece, the ones they put on that vendor are 2-3+ MONTHS, and only if you do M+. The season will be over before you could get all your pieces if you're unlucky with drops... oh wait, they removed the drops in the process!
    Uhh no its not.
    they said you can get the garunteed caches every 2 weeks, and this is only 3x that... so a month and a half...

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Uhh no its not.
    they said you can get the garunteed caches every 2 weeks, and this is only 3x that... so a month and a half...
    And then you grind all that and they nerf your best trait so now you grinded 1.5+ months for nothing, great system, the whole of BfA is just a joke. The caches themselves are a waste, btw they said 2-3 weeks, not 2. And still, all that and ONLY if you do M+, the small amount you get from grinding other azerite pieces isn't going to get you anywhere.

It's always been more of a community event rather than a keynote. It's changed to mostly a keynote, but they still maintain that it's a community event. If you don't know there are many people who go to blizzcon to hang out with their communities. I for one didn't care for the announcements but rather i enjoyed myself because I was with my guild that I'm able to meet once in a blue moon during blizzcon.

Often people do forget that though they use it as an opportunity to market for games, it was always meant to be a community event. Evidence of this is shown throughout the years. They tell everyone welcome home when you walk through those doors, the first blizzcon was mostly about people hanging out together with the devs when their team was MUCH smaller.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    Nop, what you said without adding ANY argument was an opinion, what I, and many others, have said on that topic coupled with the many arguments we gave isn't.
    Making an argument about something still doesn't make it any more than your opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Ask the Diablo fans if they thought it was worth the money to be ground Zero for a mobile announcement.
    I would be disappointed too. It's still new content in the diablo franchise though.
    Here is something to believe in!

Me and many other WOW fans constantly post wow clones on face book groups to mock them.

Especially when I have access to Chinese app store for both google and iso.

All of us that mocks wow clone will stop now. How can we continue? Any one of those cheap ass wow clone could be the next "WOW MOBILE, DO YOU GUYS NOT HAVE PHONES!".

So fuck me for years of shit posting on facebook group to mock chinese wow knock off.

It might suck for people watching a livestream, but being there was a hell of a lot of fun. It's more about hanging out with people than it is all the new shit.

I don't care what anyone says, I will never regret seeing Hodor DJ in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    -New Overwatch Character
    -New Hearthstone expansion
    -Talking about new WoW content patch featuring new races, character model updates, and new raid tiers
    -New HotS content
    -New Diablo game (regardless of whether you liked it or not)
    -Warcraft 3 remastered
    -New cinematics for every one of those franchises
    just adding to this

Wow arena championship
    HS championship
    Starcraft Finals
    OW World cup / lucio cereal pre-advertisements
    Cosplay contests
    darkmoon faire fun times

and of course a chance for guildies fellow wow players to hang out and party together..

tbh only ppl whos moms couldnt fork up spaghtetti money are the only ones complaining about blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They've skipped it before when they had nothing, and this year seems like it was one of those years. It's been very content light across all the franchises. No one would blame them if they did - there's enough precedent.

I'm glad I saved my £35 and didn't get a Virtual Ticket, and I genuinely feel sorry for those who spent the money; especially the more hardcore Diablo fans than I. But even as a WoW and Overwatch player, there doesn't seem to be anything major.

Edit: Also forgot they make StarCraft too, I think they forgot that as well.
    Because the last time they skipped it there was a huge uproar over it. So for the past few years there's been some where they are just there to have it for the people even though they should've skipped it due to low announcements.

7+ Year Old Account
    And then you grind all that and they nerf your best trait so now you grinded 1.5+ months for nothing, great system, the whole of BfA is just a joke. The caches themselves are a waste, btw they said 2-3 weeks, not 2. And still, all that and ONLY if you do M+, the small amount you get from grinding other azerite pieces isn't going to get you anywhere.
    I love how your wrong so you change shit.
    almost like how you grind months for the best stats, then they change your class and you need to get all new gear with new stats.