Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifek View Post
    I'm not sure i'm the one who doesn't understand it if you are saying it's not lazy.
    Blizzard simply didn't give us any GOOD ENOUGH argument to justify giving us pala trolls. Draenei? They have a solid reason why they can be palas. Compared to them, reasoning behind trolls being holy warriors sounds just boring and, yes, lazy.
    But hell, people are enjoying it just because they are getting new race to put pala transmog on.
    Nah, it's not lazy. It's literally the most common reason for Holy Magic use in Azeroth: Faith.

The Zandalari come from a religious society, where almost every troll worships some deity. You know what worship provides? Holy powers, by default.

It seems like just because you don't get it, you label it as lazy. Next thing you'll say that Zandalari warriors are lazy and boring because, to be a warrior, you need to be strong and train, and this is lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Nah, it's not lazy. It's literally the most common reason for Holy Magic use in Azeroth: Faith.

The Zandalari come from a religious society, where almost every troll worships some deity. You know what worship provides? Holy powers, by default.

It seems like just because you don't get it, you label it as lazy. Next thing you'll say that Zandalari warriors are lazy and boring because, to be a warrior, you need to be strong and train, and this is lazy.
    And in the end Paladin boils down to some bros who use light magic becoming soldiers. That's literally the basis for human paladins: Priests and warriors saying "Huh, we can make a hybrid out of this shit".

Oh come on, people, quit being bitches.....

I'm glad they got them. They wanted them badly enough. It doesn't affect YOUR disgruntled gameplay whatsoever.
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    And in the end Paladin boils down to some bros who use light magic becoming soldiers. That's literally the basis for human paladins: Priests and warriors saying "Huh, we can make a hybrid out of this shit".
    Exactly. Devout warriors. Holy knights. Paladins.

The only classes who need a more complicated process to become are Death Knights and Demon Hunters. Very specific training and... "upbringing".

Deleted
    They are making something new by giving a troll race paladin class. And they use the most common explanation for that. They didn't put any effort by trying to come up with something fresh/interesting. And you realise that using something that's the most common when implementing something new can be categorized as lazy?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are making something new by giving a troll race paladin class. And they use the most common explanation for that. They didn't put any effort by trying to come up with something fresh/interesting. And you realise that using something that's the most common when implementing something new can be categorized as lazy?
    You want Blizzard to retcon the lore even more to explain something like that? Rofl

Dude, you know why people advocate for Zandalari Paladins? Because it makes sense. As much sense as a Human Paladin. It's so plausible, that it not happening is unthinkable.

Also, no, using the most common explanation to implement something new can't be categorized as lazy. You are claiming that Blizzard knowing their lore (for a change) is lazy just because you dislike the Race / Class combo. You are ignoring the whole in-universe consistency just because you think that it's lazy to follow the game's own lore.

Quote Originally Posted by fifek View Post
    they are making something new by giving a troll race paladin class. And they use the most common explanation for that. They didn't put any effort by trying to come up with something fresh/interesting. And you realise that using something that's the most common when implementing something new can be categorized as lazy?
    There have been zandalari paladins in the game for years. GO AWAY.

Deleted
    You want Blizzard to retcon the lore even more to explain something like that? Rofl

Dude, you know why people advocate for Zandalari Paladins? Because it makes sense. As much sense as a Human Paladin. It's so plausible, that it not happening is unthinkable.

Also, no, using the most common explanation to implement something new can't be categorized as lazy. You are claiming that Blizzard knowing their lore (for a change) is lazy just because you dislike the Race / Class combo. You are ignoring the whole in-universe consistency just because you think that it's lazy to follow the game's own lore.
    You're completly missing the point.
    First of all, i don't even dislike the idea; i think it's ok to have them there from mindless gameplay point of view.
    This game, however, should still have RPG aspect of it. And when, for example, human paladins have a lot of lore behind them, a lore that is interesting and was there from even before wow. And comparing that to the reasons why zandalari trolls should be palas... it just sounds like they didn't put any effort in it, just put it there to satisfy the people like "oh i met zandalari "paladin" in ToT, i want one too!"
    And i'm not ignoring anything. As i said, lazy thing is that they're using the most boring, simple, overused part of lore to create something new. I agree that it makes sense, yes, but it's still lazy move.
    But i guess as long as they use lore, even the shitty part of it, to create something, you would still be glad cuz it's canon.

The childish arguments that this thread started with are like...next level neckbeard shit.

I, for one, thing Horde desperately needed another paladin option, and am pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    Now will The Alliance get High elfs?
    No you wont get a copied horde race without the horde getting humans
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chase_the_mofo View Post
    but we dont have priests in taurens...so hmmmmm
    Tauren can be priests...

First of all, i don't even dislike the idea; i think it's ok to have them there from mindless gameplay point of view.
    This game, however, should still have RPG aspect of it. And when, for example, human paladins have a lot of lore behind them, a lore that is interesting and was there from even before wow. And comparing that to the reasons why zandalari trolls should be palas... it just sounds like they didn't put any effort in it, just put it there to satisfy the people like "oh i met zandalari "paladin" in ToT, i want one too!"
    And i'm not ignoring anything. As i said, lazy thing is that they're using the most boring, simple, overused part of lore to create something new. I agree that it makes sense, yes, but it's still lazy move.
    But i guess as long as they use lore, even the shitty part of it, to create something, you would still be glad cuz it's canon.
    lol, litteraly the human lore is "i have a priest, i have a warrior. AH! i have a priestarrior! lets call him paladin for simplicity"
    they popupped semi randomly in the middle of w2, thats even less than tauren sunwalkers

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not missing the idea. It's your constant labelling of things as "lazy", "boring", "mindless" and "overused" that eludes me.

Apparently you want Blizzard to create a different explanation for Zandalari Paladins just for the sake of it, while the current explanation is perfectly fine and ideal. They shouldn't. Best way to make something plausible is to make it work in-universe, and Zandalari Paladins are as fine as Human Paladins. Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them. They are Priests who became Warriors and wield holy powers in the battlefield. It's almost a copy-paste of real world crusaders of whatever religion. They formed organizations to campaign. If you think this is "a lot", it is no surprise that the Zandalari lore evades your recognition.

Instead of misusing words, go play the game to understand why we'r getting Zandalari Paladins.

a horde paladin that doesnt look like absolute shit

paladins have amazing sets, and 90% of them look terrible on blood elf male and 98% terrible on a cow

I really want to know what their paladin mounts will be. I figure it'll be a golden armored triceratops but a stegosaurus, brontosaurus or ankylosaurus would be far more badass. Or just a raptor.

Zandalari classes vary with regular ones in names and in several aspects.

Demoniac, dinomancer, freethinker, haruspex, illusionist, madcap, predator, confessor, augur, vindicator, prelate.
    The greatest Zandalari hunters travel to the edge of the Maelstrom to prove their resolution. From the heart of the sea they pull strands of kelp known as Maelstrom Tendrils. The kelp is then woven into a talisman that is enchanted to improve their accuracy and power.[45]

Zandalari prelates are Zandalari paladins. The prelates serve Rezan, and they are the highest order of holy warriors to serve any loa. Their path is the elite, taking only those gifted from birth with prowess in battle and gifted by the loa, and crafting champions of light to defend their empire. The prelates do not have any openings or handouts. After Rezan's death, the prelates are cut off from his power except for a handful of his followers.[46]
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Zandalari_troll#Classes

Questline complete
    We are broken.
    The light of Rezan has left us. Only a handful of those that followed the great king of the loa still have any sort of power, and even they are suspect.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_Prelate_Rata
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Deleted
    Instead of misusing words, go play the game to understand why we'r getting Zandalari Paladins.
    Yeah, think i'll stop, cuz you are misusing yours for both of us.
    Instead of doing it, please, DON'T play the game, because if human paladins lore evaded your recognition, then you skipped simply too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.
    Thank you for the new sig.

Humans aren't even the original paladins, Belfs were. It's fact according to lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FailtakuPolytrash View Post
    Humans aren't even the original paladins, Belfs were. It's fact according to lore.
    No. Draenei for overall and humans for the first on Azeroth.