Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoe View Post
    There will definitely be 7-day raiding guilds based off of how little loot actually dropped from the raids. You can expect guilds to probably spend a raid night on each raid for farm/split runs and a few extra days for current content. MC will be guaranteed always run because of Thunderfury, Ony for the buff, BWL for the Elementium, AQ 40 for raid gear, and ZG and AQ 20 will likely fall into the realm of sell runs to keep the mats up for progression. Note that the guilds might do multiple instances of Ony and MC as split/sell runs with select items on reserve. That should leave 2-3 days for Naxx progression. Guilds might also set aside a farm day to farm gold/gear/mats in a different way from raiding.
    You can cram all that into a couple days outside the sell runs and farming. People will clear Ony/MC/BWL or ZG in a night. Then do 40 and Naxx in another night. They aren't long raids as many people have pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Both will be cleared the day they have 25 people at 60.
    Lol, get out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by flexks View Post
    Naxx 40 will be cleared in 4 hours, AQ 40 in 3-4 hours, MC in 2 hours and BWL in 2 hours of release.
    Let's not delude ourselves here. It takes longer than four hours to just walk through AQ 40 lol
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Lol, get out of here.
    Entry raids don't even need 40 people, he is right.
    Space magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Let's not delude ourselves here. It takes longer than four hours to just walk through AQ 40 lol
    +1 for humor
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by n7stormreaver View Post
    Entry raids don't even need 40 people, he is right.
    Neither ZG or AQ will be open on launch, and there were no 25 man raids in vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't you heard? Naxx is going to be cleared by a crack team of MMO-Champ posters within 30 minutes of launch!

Edit: And they're going to do it in Dungeon Blues and Quest Greens!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Neither ZG or AQ will be open on launch, and there were no 25 man raids in vanilla.
    Yeah but MC and Ony are easy enough to clear with 20 people. So people do to get more gear, its like split runs. People do this on private servers to gear faster. They split their raids into 2 20mans for MC and Ony, even BWL sometimes. Early raids are easy enough to 20man so why not get more gear so you are ready for later raids.

There are guilds on pservers who have been practicing ( as a 40 man raid team) to get world first everything, they're not the only ones either.

They usually always hit 60 in record time ( and as a guild at that, it's kind of insane) and even managed to clear MC within the first week of a certain server's fresh launch.

This is what's going to happen in classic, people will rush the lvls and rush the endgames and get geared quickly and realize there's nothing left to do afterwards because vanilla was meant to be played as a sort of adventure or journey not as a race to the finish line like retail is.

Even if blizz delivers the most authentic vanilla experience they can't change the current gamer mentality.

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Being a 25 raid

Not needing 40 people

Big difference

On meme pirate servers they clear MC with 20 bodies
    Space magic.

Quote Originally Posted by n7stormreaver View Post
    Being a 25 raid

Not needing 40 people

Big difference

On meme pirate servers they clear MC with 20 bodies
    I see.

10char

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    I'm curious if there will be guilds like Method who raid let's say MC/onyxia 12h/d and 7d per week for many weeks until both are cleared?

And will there be rankings in Wowprogress?
    Haha. Come on. The raids are easy enough that most ok guilds will clear them the forst time they are there.

7 day for vanilla is a bit much. I hope to find a hardcore alliance guild though.

The point is that they were tuned around 15 people being afk, and another ten being complete idiots. You really only need 15-20 people actually doing their jobs for most raids in Vanilla except perhaps Naxx.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

I'm well aware. Molten core will fall over to 25 people who are half decent. Onyxia was actually taken down by 8 people back in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by flexks View Post
    Naxx 40 will be cleared in 4 hours, AQ 40 in 3-4 hours, MC in 2 hours and BWL in 2 hours of release.
    Obviously you didnt play Vanilla.

Nax 40 was not hard because of mechanics, it was hard because the insane GEAR it required. Most of Vanilla was gated behind gear checks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimpan View Post
    Obviously you didnt play Vanilla.

Nax 40 was not hard because of mechanics, it was hard because the insane GEAR it required. Most of Vanilla was gated behind gear checks.
    Lol at needing like 8+ prot warriors for fourhorse men if they all didn't have taunt hit cap or the crazy consumable stacking for everyone on loetheb and patchwork to a lesser extant.

I think things will go at a pretty good speed until people get to huhuran(I think the crazy NR boss) in aq40 will be the first real speed bump and the dumb gear fights in Naxx
    Last edited by Firatha; 2018-11-05 at 05:41 AM.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    I'm curious if there will be guilds like Method who raid let's say MC/onyxia 12h/d and 7d per week for many weeks until both are cleared?

And will there be rankings in Wowprogress?
    As I've said before, this is a museum. You won't experience what was once passed. We have much more handling and knowledge of things to the extent that progression is just an illusion in Classic.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Lol at needing like 8+ prot warriors for fourhorse men if they all didn't have taunt hit cap or the crazy consumable stacking for everyone on loetheb and patchwork to a lesser extant.

I think things will go at a pretty good speed until people get to huhuran(I think the crazy NR boss) in aq40 will be the first real speed bump and the dumb gear fights in Naxx
    Well you'll see how wrong you are. AQ40 and Naxx will be both be cleared in hours by the time they release.

Why will Princess slow progress down? Why won't soakers have farmed NR by then?

You don't need 8 Prot Warriors either, and they don't need to be taunt hit capped. Plenty of time to stack up on consumes as well, people will be prepared well in advance.

On topic, OP is clearly a troll
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2018-11-05 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    This. I didnt ever cleared Naxx fully but I do have old friends who were in top 50 guilds and are bragging about it. They are now old farts whose playing skills are shit in todays standard.
    Just wait until you get that old... see how your skills add up to theirs now.

That said, I am an old fart. When I played this game every waking moment apart from when I was at work or asleep... I was pretty damn skilled. Got ranked plenty of times. But when I play now when I play 15 hours a week.. I see my skills.... rapidly declining. Awareness is fucked compared (it's not like I am just standing in shit, I anticipate a little later, which sometimes gets me fucked) - I gotta tell ya... gaming is slowly turning into something "I used to be good at". But my priorities lie elsewhere now. Family etc.

Basically it comes to this: If I and I guess your old friend too... had still an enormous amount of time to spent on WoW... we would still be great at it. Or at the very least, better then we are currently.