New DOTA from custom tools in W3R?

What do you guys think about a new DOTA being created form the custom building tools being released with Warcraft 3 Remastered?

the "Moba" hype train has come and gone.

I am hella excited to see what people make tho.

Deleted
    Yeah 100%. No doubt someone will recreate it.IIRC someone did it on starcraft 2 arcade.

Ask Icefrog, he however works on Dota 2.

And having an entire client built for your game is probably better than just a custom map.

Custom maps are actually supposed largely just keep working, as long as they didn't rely on undefined/bad behavior. So even if it doesn't work, fixing it might be trivial.

Meh... we'll probably see some kind of battle royale map first

I want some good tower defenses again.

I'm sure that we'll see all kinds of custom maps in WC3R, and DotA won't be an exception. If anything I'm expecting a lot of MOBA variations to come. I won't be interested in playing them though, never liked how these DotA maps covered almost the whole list for custom games.

Well... of course DOTA will be recreated... but what's the point when you have Dota2, LoL and Hots already?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    Well... of course DOTA will be recreated... but what's the point when you have Dota2, LoL and Hots already?
    I'll ask my fellow suggestor and contributors back in Dota Portal, Dota-allstars.com , dotaplay to once again create a community which will support a dedicated Blizzard style Defense of the Ancient in WC:R and we'll see which version we will try to build upon even the 6v6 version, the AI and try to foster community driven game developement.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-11-05 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'm sure that we'll see all kinds of custom maps in WC3R, and DotA won't be an exception. If anything I'm expecting a lot of MOBA variations to come. I won't be interested in playing them though, never liked how these DotA maps covered almost the whole list for custom games.
    I doubt it. Valve would put out a cease and desist order if someone tried to recreate DOTA, or anything similar.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    I doubt it. Valve would put out a cease and desist order if someone tried to recreate DOTA, or anything similar.
    No, Valve won't because valve can't, Blizzard already fought with them on that, and Dota remain "open source".

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    I'll ask my fellow suggestor and contributors back in dota portal, Dota-allstars.com , dotaplay to one again create a community which will support a dedicated Blizzard style Defense of the Ancient in WC:R and we'll we'll see which version we will try to build upon even the 6v6 version, the AI and try to foster community driven game developement.
    Well, good luck with that, but the Moba market is already exploited to the bones by a lot of games, one of them being literally Dotaallstar but with the full weight of Valve behind them (or more precisely, the full wait of Valve fanboys), I don't think there's any space left for a return to the mod map in these conditions.

Without a shred of doubt. I'm predicting a spike of popularity on this one due to the nature of the DOTA history.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    It was the pure joy of players creating for players with stuff updated sometimes on a daily basis. Customer review and feedback was immediate and so was creator reaction. No stuff like “You think you do but you don’t” or “This is not how we want you to play the game”. It would be the only reason for me to buy that stuff. Should be free or semi free for people who had TFT anyway.

That community spawned stuff the gaming world took profit from for many years now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, Valve won't because valve can't, Blizzard already fought with them on that, and Dota remain "open source".

Well, good luck with that, but the Moba market is already exploited to the bones by a lot of games, one of them being literally Dotaallstar but with the full weight of Valve behind them (or more precisely, the full wait of Valve fanboys), I don't think there's any space left for a return to the mod map in these conditions.
    The scene would change if the community show support. We all know where everything came from and it is a way of paying tribute, homage to nostalgia and experience as part of our gaming experiences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    They can't, Icefrog has no intellectual property rights on all suggestions, effort which shaped and made DoTA is today. There are lots of suggestions made by the community which involved time, passion, dedication, skills and love for the game that were completely scrapped while DoTA2 became a monitization scheme with valve. Blizzard retains copyrights to existing Hero names that are inherently based on Warcraft lore such as Pandaren Brewmaster Chen Stormstout, Nature's Prophet Furion/Malfurion.

Blizzard even has a say to the direction and explosive scene it did for the custom map game when they promoted it as e-games. Who would have thought a custom map game will become a new genre of gaming and a thing in the future.

I have sacrificed everything for that game which I also treated my own even though I'm just one of the suggestors and suggestions implementor. I feel the passion and dedication of the so called "desktop game devs" which others labeled someone like us and we have proven that we have a say to the direction of a game and even though we don't have "game developer" title affixed to our resume.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-11-05 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Meh... we'll probably see some kind of battle royale map first
    I'm not gonna lie, a BR style game with hero units that have some of their abilities sounds like it could be pretty fun instead of the drop, loot and shoot BRs we have at the minute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    I'm not gonna lie, a BR style game with hero units that have some of their abilities sounds like it could be pretty fun instead of the drop, loot and shoot BRs we have at the minute.
    There was this map called Warlock where you'd be dropped into a circular arena in a FFA setting and you'd try to push your enemies into the surrounding lava with fireballs and other abilities that you could buy after rounds. (earning money through high placings/kills between rounds, never snowballed too hard tho)

Obviously not quite the same scale as what we understand BRs to be these days but pretty fun nonetheless. I think its still around in Dota2 or SC2