Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nerfing DH aint gonna help the sub numbers

Please stop with the flaming/trolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loeve View Post
    DH is middle tier so I think they should be focusing on other classes

AOE is the only thing a demon hunter is good at
    This was the case in Legion too but Blizzard still nerfed Havoc AOE there... after saying AOE was the DH niche...

Quote Originally Posted by Viviere View Post
    Sometimes it really feels like Blizzard decides what to nerf based on opinion of people that just have seen X spec doing some insane dmg for 2 sec, then going on forum "nerf X because it's broken op !!!1111!!oneoneone". Plain Eye beam nerf would be just dumb because its a core skill for ST rotation. Ofc people like "nerf this" don't give a s##t if another spec becomes useless. I'm glad that for now they decided to "collect more data" before nerfs.
    Yep same thing for Fire Mage at the start of Legion. People see living bomb damage for 2 seconds and OMG NERF.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Yep same thing for Fire Mage at the start of Legion. People see living bomb damage for 2 seconds and OMG NERF.
    Still works in BFA with Frost : Comet Storm does a shitton of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreo View Post
    EB is a big part of the damage but I'm yet to see anything to offset it. Also a bit confused with Vengeance eyebeam in datamined notes.
    Also frost dk aoe kick DH aoe by far, don't see them doing anything about it.

To offset this AoE nerf to us they could buff single target a bit, I do feel like a wet noddle at the beginning of the fight, alto dps evens out later on.
    All specs have most of the core abilities buried in the unaccessable parts of the spell book. It is like destruction warlock have had changes to shadowbolt for 2 xpacs now.

You should keep in mind that we are getting more azerite traits in 8.1 aswell as an option to target those items.
    People will stack those and they will nerf it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    You should keep in mind that we are getting more azerite traits in 8.1 aswell as an option to target those items.
    People will stack those and they will nerf it.
    Is information already out whether old azerite gear (that we can gather currently) will yield points for getting the new stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Is information already out whether old azerite gear (that we can gather currently) will yield points for getting the new stuff?
    If you mean if you can scrap current azerize for currency, then yes it is confirmed that they wont give u currency. Only azerite that drops after the patch hits.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...age=7#post-136

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dpark1023 View Post
    Nerfing DH aint gonna help the sub numbers
    well if it will be paired with nerfing couple other classes and buffing couple more to "balance" things a bit, it actually could help with subs, assuming it will be parried with getting some stuff to do in the same time, i have a lot of friends that are running out of sub currently and a loot of them will probably not buy it et least till 8,1.
    Not everyone like to play fotm classes or spend couple hours per day trying to apply to groups

Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    This was the case in Legion too but Blizzard still nerfed Havoc AOE there... after saying AOE was the DH niche...
    its niche when its 10-15% above rest, and a bit below in some other aspects currently we have bigger problems and its not only with DH.
    Mage have nerf coming already, DH`s one was ben reverted because reasons, rogue`s are still waiting

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    well if it will be paired with nerfing couple other classes and buffing couple more to "balance" things a bit, it actually could help with subs, assuming it will be parried with getting some stuff to do in the same time, i have a lot of friends that are running out of sub currently and a loot of them will probably not buy it et least till 8,1.
    Not everyone like to play fotm classes or spend couple hours per day trying to apply to groups

its niche when its 10-15% above rest, and a bit below in some other aspects currently we have bigger problems and its not only with DH.
    Mage have nerf coming already, DH`s one was ben reverted because reasons, rogue`s are still waiting

wait wait what ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shishar View Post
    wait wait what ?
    They reverted all of the AE nerfs (other classes also had them).

Deleted
    Is there a source? Or just live <->PTR comparison ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shishar View Post
    Is there a source? Or just live <->PTR comparison ?
    there was a blue post just before blizzcon saying in the next ptr build that will go up the aoe nerfs have been reverted (the build isnt up yet, just for the next build coming)

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...-ww-monk-nerf/ this one

Deleted
    I'm not going to comment on if the change is needed or not and just say the following.
    Despite being middle of the pack DH is:
    -mandatory in any mythic raid purely cause of the 5% magic debuff
    -in the top 5 specs, 2nd top melee for m+

Quote Originally Posted by Ezupinho View Post
    -mandatory in any mythic raid purely cause of the 5% magic debuff
    Yes? They are as mandatory as warriors for their shouts, priests for their stamina, mages for their intellect and/or BL if you don't have a Shaman and monks for their 5% phys

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    Yes? They are as mandatory as warriors for their shouts, priests for their stamina, mages for their intellect and/or BL if you don't have a Shaman and monks for their 5% phys
    warriors, priests and bl/hero/tw can all be suplimented with a weaker version from proffesions, DH and Monk debuffs cannot making them slightly more sort after than the others (and i mean only slightly so dont jump down my throat about it)

Quote Originally Posted by steristumpie View Post
    Damn, just as I’m getting my DH geared to main in 8.1.
    But yeah. Probably necessary, since it seems M+ is now on par, if not replacing raiding as core end game content, and DH are killing it.
    I’m actually surprised it’s such a small nerf, I’m sure they’ll trim some more off the top before 8.1 goes live.
    LMAO.

Eyebeams is core to our rotation and play style. It isn't needed. What is needed is Nerf feel barrage. Sure I can do 60k on trash but if I take barrage that is more like 90k.

With 2 dh a fdk and a mage in our raid our oomkin, priest, and lock just afk trash. It dies before the can finish opening.

If anything the need to move some damage from eyebeam to death sweep and then Nerf barrage by a wide margin to make trail competitive when trash isn't gonna die in 3 globals.

Trail should be go to for boss fights. But I just don't care enough to swap between cleave/St fights and fights with many adds
    Last edited by Playintrafic; 2018-11-07 at 07:11 PM.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post

Completely agree with you. Assa rogue can do a lot more aoe than DH provided the fight is of suitable duration (check out Incarnated on twitch, they did 19 AD yesterday and pulled 2 packs of bird+saurids, DH was on top for like 15 sec) and lock aoe isn't as good but his ST is insane and his ports are well worth having it.
    Stop lobbying for your braindead class. Bestkeystone.com shows havoc to be by far the best pick in every dungeon on almost all affixes. And on every stream of world first pushers you will see the DH topping overall, and even bossfights, as crit/mastery assas (for dungeons) and frostmages have even less ST than Havoc. Havoc was crazy good since day 1 BfA and was the only dps spec that dodged tuning hotfixes (except 1 trait nerf), for whatever reason.

If you get out dps'ed by an assassin I can assure you that this is a you-problem. Havoc deserves a really big hit on their dps, the (reverted) eye beam nerf doesn't even beginn to bring this busted spec in line.

27 of 30 combinations on that website are also including a BDK, if you take the BDK nerf into account next patch, I'm sure DH will be less required for the big Eye Beam/AOE Damage, as packs need to be handled properly and not go by the "lets pull all and just aoe down" mentality. BDK is way to OP with regards to those kind of pulls and with that makes DH OP: having 6 of the 8 main abilities being AOE (Felrush, beam, BD, Imo, Barrage, Glaive)

same argument goes for your comment about "world first pushers..." you also almost always see a DK Tank in those runs. Should wait and see if the BDK nerf brings a shift in whats required to push keys, or if a nerf really is in order. Should always see the bigger picture and not limit it being a one class/spec/spell/talent problem.