Thread: Changes

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    So far: WOTLK Running Animations, New attack animations, Legion Raidframes/Readycheck/groundmarkers,!!! NEW custom +1critical hit items below 20 W.T.F. !!!, New Font, Auto Loot, New UI features such as greying out items u cant afford, !!! NEW CLASS SKILLS (SPECC SKILLS IN WEAPONSSKILLS TAB) WHAT THE ACTUAL FCK!!!, on lootoptions saying "main specc " in chat after looting
    It's beta, say it with me, it's beta, it's beta it's betaaaaa

"Changes". That's a great song by Ozzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    You will have a rough time with the game in general if you can't handle even those minor launch only issues.
    I mean, how can I have a rough time with the game if I can't play it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    If sharding happens Classic is DOA. Simple as that. Helping with launch issues is not an argument, there are multiple other way you can go about it which are proven to work.
    "Simple as that."

Except it's not. Sharding for the first zone won't affect the gameplay/community of the other 5 days /played of leveling you have to do. But nice try though, keep at it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post
    "Simple as that."

Except it's not. Sharding for the first zone won't affect the gameplay/community of the other 5 days /played of leveling you have to do. But nice try though, keep at it.
    Agreed.
    As long as they keep their promise it will be fine.

Its not "the first FEW zones"
    Its the "FIRST zone only"

If they change to the first FEW zones im gonna be pissed bro

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Agreed.
    As long as they keep their promise it will be fine.

Its not "the first FEW zones"
    Its the "FIRST zone only"

If they change to the first FEW zones im gonna be pissed bro
    See? This is understandable. And I agree with you. The first zone will, WILL be a clusterfuck on launch. Sharding helps with that. Let's say for example - Elwynn Forest. Shard there, and everything else, including Westfall, Darkshore, etc. be the natural server.

Of course you dont have to. There is a bunch of ways to solve the issue without killing player interaction. Sharding is just the most lazy one.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Deleted
    See? This is understandable. And I agree with you. The first zone will, WILL be a clusterfuck on launch. Sharding helps with that. Let's say for example - Elwynn Forest. Shard there, and everything else, including Westfall, Darkshore, etc. be the natural server.
    Wait a second....i just rewatched the Q&A...and he never said "only on the first zones"

He gave the example of Elwynn and Valey of Trials.

But he never said it would only be there.

So im still worried.
    Not sure if my english is bad or i didnt understand it correctly.

The first FEW zones would be horrible.
    Once im in westfall the game starts and the sense of community kicks in. We cant have sharding there :S
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-11-05 at 12:00 PM.

Wait a second....i just rewatched the Q&A...and he never said "only on the first zones"

So im still worried.
    It's fine to be worried to be honest, but the mindless hate and vitriol I see in this forum, doesn't help anyone.

The game releases in roughly 10-11 months, so there's a lot of time for feedback. As much as people say Blizzard doesn't listen (and there is some merit to that) now is the best time to voice your opinion in a critical and constructive manner.

Don't be the idiot to say "Sharding = Classic DOA." It helps no one and you look like a tool. Examples and reasons why are the best way for people to not ignore you.

10+ Year Old Account

So im still worried.
    They never said first zones, it was always first few days/weeks whatever. They never said if everything would be sharded, or if only first zones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    They never said first zones, it was always first few days/weeks whatever. They never said if everything would be sharded, or if only first zones.
    Well...they gave the examples...Elwynn and Valley of Trials...im not sure what to expect.

The first few weeks with sharding on all zones would be awful.
    I wouldnt play that, i rather wait a few weeks.

Sharding during the first days/weeks is borderline a necessity. It would only take you one of the many new server openings i had in the past couple of years to understand this. Specially on how vanilla works, like for example a quest item being on a rather lenghty respawm timer considering todays standards, if you don't have sharding and have a great influx of players it will just be a horrible experience. This is why i end up avoiding first days on new servers all together or just go for less frequented initial areas.

So, im all up for #nochanges, but sharding at the start seems to me just a question of common sense, if the tech is there, just use it. It will have to be gone when ppl start doing elite quests though.

10+ Year Old Account
    From playing on private servers, launch is a horrible time to play.

Even Westfall is. If you think it's a good idea to shard the first zone, you will agree it's a good idea to shard Westfall as well if you had experience of that zone when it's packed.

If the game can't be played due to absolutely overcrowded zones the vast majority will whine. If the game is initially sharded the vocal minority will whine. Which way do you think they'll go?

I don't want a sharded game in the long run either (and especially not for things like AQ opening, world raid bosses or raid releases etc) but do us all a favour and try to be a bit objective, mkay? The game is not "dead" or "DoA" or anything like that if sharding is enabled for the initial experience, it most likely won't affect you at all. In fact you probably wouldn't even realize it was enabled if shards attempted to group battle.net friends playing on the same realm on the same shard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, how can I have a rough time with the game if I can't play it?

- - - Updated - - -

"Simple as that."

You will use the same arguments when you will be ganked 24/7 , not be able to form groups for dungeons in less than 1h , underperfom as class.
    "I can't play, Blizz plz fix!"

10+ Year Old Account
    You will use the same arguments when you will be ganked 24/7 , not be able to form groups for dungeons in less than 1h , underperfom as class.
    I wonder how prepared people are for STV.

??? I'm talking about ACTUALLY LOGGING IN.

Ganked 24/7 - I've played on PVP servers my whole life. I'm fine with this.

Groups for dungeons in less than 1H - I'm waiting for this. I plan on joining a guild with friends and doing these with them. Including running to dungeons.

Underperform as a class - I'm well aware that several classes don't work in Vanilla. Plan on using a Rogue.

Aka - Don't put words in my mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    ??? I'm talking about ACTUALLY LOGGING IN.

Ganked 24/7 - I've played on PVP servers my whole life. I'm fine with this.

Groups for dungeons in less than 1H - I'm waiting for this. I plan on joining a guild with friends and doing these with them. Including running to dungeons.

Underperform as a class - I'm well aware that several classes don't work in Vanilla. Plan on using a Rogue.

Aka - Don't put words in my mouth.
    You can log in without sharding

Thats the problem and thats my fear.

On the Q&A they said ONLY in starting zones and ONLY the first few weeks.

What i fear is if they use it everytime is "necessary".
    Well there will be a real limit to what the servers can support or what each zone can have before things start degrading right? Now outside of the classic launch and in the starter zones where most traffic will be, you won't need sharding. For key events like AQ launch, if thats busy enough for it to be needed again that would be fine by me.

I don't think blizzard are out to make your experience shit or use sharding for the fun of it. They want to make the classic experience good, and making sure servers run well is also a part of that.

The tech is there so use it for key events if the load truly is high enough. Otherwise I think the plan is to have it turn off. So I don't think there is cause for concern.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I wonder how prepared people are for STV.
    The amount of salt on the forums will be legendary and the increase in requests for more sharding and safety spaces on pvp realms.

The question wasn't so much about sharding, but more about technical problems we've had back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Crick3t View Post
    A question for vanilla purists/no-changers:

What good comes of the following?
    • Locally stored macros (and keybinds iirc?)
    • Old Raid Interface
    • Unmovable Unit Frames
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    it's quite simple: it wasn't in vanilla. You still have addons if you want to change that.
    But still this does not answer the question: why you would want annoying stuff like that back in the game, just for the sake of "no-changes"?
    I really would want to know, because I do not understand that stubbornness at all?

And I insist, I'm not talking about LFD or anything gameplay related. Just at technical QoL improvements that otherwise need to be (and will be) solved with addons. Which makes it annoying to handle, especially as it has been implemented on retail... I'm really looking forward to classic, but those things annoyed the hell out of me back then and will certainly drive me away from the game.