Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I don't know why anyone would complain. Just don't play those games. It's a good thing if the company is making more money overall. It's not like they'll stop making PC games.
    Wow, but gaming companies are only allowed to make specifically the games I want, exactly as I want them.

I played Torchlight Guardians for quite a few months. I have to say, other than the repeating content and spiraling loot progression, the game actually plays like a simplified ARPG. The combat system was kinda like Xmen Legends type of console ARPG and it was fun fighting bosses.

It really scratched that itch for the month and a half I was out of the country and couldnt play PC games.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Nope, I will just simply stop playing new games if that happens. I have zero interest in playing games on my phone. Mobile gaming is dogshit.
    I agree, at the same time mobile gaming doesn't HAVE to be dogshit, but dogshit sells more apparently. Virtual analog sticks aren't too bad, and there are a number of joycon-style controllers for mobile phones and tablets as well. The reason it's all low effort garbage is because when literally everyone and their mom and hamster has a phone, you can basically fleece people with "solitaire" and what amounts to legal slot machines in the palm of your hand (candy crush and any other game that constantly hits endorphin receptors)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I don't think they'll give a shit when they increase their consumer base 10 fold.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think anyone believes it'll go away. It's just idiotic to not get into the mobile gaming market.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know why anyone would complain. Just don't play those games. It's a good thing if the company is making more money overall. It's not like they'll stop making PC games.
    There's nothing wrong with getting into mobile gaming. But Blizzcon was NOT the place to announce this. If they had announced something else (say Diablo 4) first, and then announced this as a sort of afterthought, it would've been fine. But they announced this as a major project, at a con that is very PC centric (with consoles to a lesser extent), and treated it like it was a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Debased View Post
    Google, click around
    No way dude, you find and provide a source, please.

Shit tastes great, billions of flies can't be wrong!

Do your part: don't play any mobile games.

What other platform could you release a sub-par product on and make money hand over fist for years to come on non-physical shop items?

Knowing this, why would any developer or producer want to make a big budget game when it probably won’t make it’s money back and risks being shit on by elitist gamers?

Google, click around
    That's not how burden of proof works.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

This is a shameless money spinning machine, the Chinese market will devour this and make them Billions.

Mobile isn't the future of gaming.

Mobile is the future of moneymaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter if it's bigger, it's still a sub-par platform ment for greedy companies. The mobile market is a graveyard for games.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    Doesn't matter if it's bigger, it's still a sub-par platform ment for greedy companies. The mobile market is a graveyard for games.
    I'm confused, are they just burying successful, active games?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I'm confused, are they just burying successful, active games?
    They stop being proper games.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    They stop being proper games.
    Why's that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Why's that?
    When franchises get a release on mobile devices the publishers send out patches so all previous entries stop working on consoles ane PCs.

I feel ya. I'd love to know the details. Are mobile games more popular because a lot of people don't have PC's or consoles? Do people prefer the format? Are they just never home?
    No, they just make far more money per download because you don't need to buy that many microtransactions to make up the value of a full priced traditional videogame.

On the other hand i've read that the PC market is growing in Asia while the console market shrinks.
    Thats apparently the reason why Sony moved the playstation headquarter from Japan to California. Consoles have their main userbase in the west these days. Many people in asian countries have laptops that are capable of playing a lot of PC games.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    And almost three times the size of the global PC market alone.

Prepare for a lot more disappointment!

Squinting and swiping - The future is now.
    Considering that for every PC sold today, 9.5 mobile devices are sold, this is not surprising at all.

And we've actually been living in a disappointing gaming landscape for a long time. PC game diversity drop dramatically 15 years ago (at least by the big developers).

I fully expect that Blizz will simply push towards the easy money and abandon the games that made them great.

If you want great games, you need to support the upcoming, hungry developers, not the big boys that will largely repackaged the same old thing over and over and over again.

They can shove their market up their...
    Most mobile games are not really games, they're pieces of garbage disguised as games with no depth, no evolution, just constant cash grab mechanics.
    They can keep their garbage mobile market.
    I will only advocate for great games, where the game and its enjoyment comes first. Where characters, story, gameplay are at the forefront, not the fucking monetization scheme.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangdingow View Post
    I feel like the guy in the movie that is super into a girl (Blizzard) and she seems super into him but then she shows up to prom with some massive douchebag(Diablo Immortal) and acts like she doesn't even know who he is.
    You (and most on these forums) need serious help

Go...find help...now