Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Indie phone company with out never listening on feedback. this years blizzcon was a such bad experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    We're at an impasse. I guess we'll see who's right eventually. Draw for now?
    Sure, it'll be interesting to see how it plays out, even though in the US I feel it'll flop.

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Come on, the amount of rage for Diablo immortal and some "changes" in Classic (lol @Sharding in the FIRST FEW zones) is just unbelievable. Every year, the shitstorm is bigger.

I think youtubers are a big reason to this, people don't know what they want, they just listen to some angry youtubers and repeat what they heard.
    I have the feeling all gamers are just a bunch of entitled brats (even the "adults").

Everything is so exaggerated nowadays... Again that sharding "issue", some youtubers wont play the game if there is sharding in the first few zones for the first few days... because its not "authentic". YES they want less server stability for the sake of "no changes".

And of course, it's not only gaming but I think USA "freedom of speech" is becoming cancerous for everyone on internet.
    Freedom of speech isn't the issue, it's how we choose to exercise it. I choose to believe we'll all grow up. Internet is a new toy for humanity, it massively overstimulates our brains, and we don't know how to handle it at this moment in history. After some experience (read: tragedies), our culture will grow up. The only way we can grow up is if we retain our freedom. Freedom of speech is just fine.

As for the rage, look - I don't feel it myself. My feeling is to roll my eyes at the arrogance and foolish communication style they have adopted with their audience. Mostly I feel sad and wish I could get through to the people who are custodians for some of my favorite settings and characters of all time, to help them to see why, as an audience member, I'm losing interest in what they're doing. It's tremendously unlikely though, far more likely is that we'll move onto new things, and that's okay, it's the way of things. It's just sad. Focusing on the incongruence of the rage misses the deeper problems.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I think the issue is, most people would rather have had a new class in D3 than Immortal, or hell they could have told us one of the other projects they were working on first.
    And I don't disagree with you. I was overall very disappointed in what they had in Blizzcon this year altogether and I also wanted atleast a new class in Diablo 3. I was also holding my breath to hear about next Allied Races (or even a hint of) for WoW, only to be disappointed when they told us what we have known for a long time already. (Only actual new thing being the classes KT humans and Zandalari can be)
    I admit, I closed my PC and went straight to bed, not saying a word. Next morning, I shrugged it off. Maybe next year is better or maybe they'll reveal us something outside of Blizzcon, who knows.

My point is, I find some people's tantrums about the whole matter really childish. At the end of the day, it's just a game. And Blizzard is yet another big company, their main aim is to make money. I've learned not to expect anything too big from them (or from any big game company, really), and with so, getting disappointed doesn't hit so hard.

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

Quote Originally Posted by Tinytalon View Post
    And I don't disagree with you. I was overall very disappointed in what they had in Blizzcon this year altogether and I also wanted atleast a new class in Diablo 3. I was also holding my breath to hear about next Allied Races (or even a hint of) for WoW, only to be disappointed when they told us what we have known for a long time already. (Only actual new thing being the classes KT humans and Zandalari can be)
    I admit, I closed my PC and went straight to bed, not saying a word. Next morning, I shrugged it off. Maybe next year is better or maybe they'll reveal us something outside of Blizzcon, who knows.

My point is, I find some people's tantrums about the whole matter really childish. At the end of the day, it's just a game. And Blizzard is yet another big company, their main aim is to make money. I've learned not to expect anything too big from them (or from any big game company, really), and with so, getting disappointed doesn't hit so hard.
    Oh personally I just was disappointed and moved on, I agree that people were freaking out for no reason. It was all in bad taste on both sides.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aigilas View Post
    well it doesn't help when spread LIES to begin with. if your gunna call the players out at least be CORRECT! with your information.

blizzard are NOT! sharding the first few zones, what they are doing is sharding for the first few WEEKS!, its a time limited thing not zone related, and the reason is to accommodate the initial infulx or players with the inevitable drop off (as with retail, this is not just a classic problem)

the other thing is, I DO know what I want, and a 6 year wait for a MOBILE game, is not it. I don't wanta mobile game, who the fuck is going to log off the computer leave overwatch so they can go play on their mobile.......... fucking not me (this example is used as that is the one they gave on the virtual ticket)

if you want to troll and be a turd, go elsewhere
    Fixed that for you

speak for yourself...no one cares what you think and everyone does not agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Lets be fair, PC and Mac are pretty much the exact same thing since they swapped over to intel in June, 2005.
    Let's be fair. Most of the games in the list were prior to 2005, when Macs were still using PowerPC processors.

And if they are exact the same thing, why is there no Overwatch on Mac OS?

You don't have any idea what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostromo93 View Post
    Let's be fair. Most of the games in the list were prior to 2005, when Macs were still using PowerPC processors.

And if they are exact the same thing, why is there no Overwatch on Mac OS?

You don't have any idea what you are talking about.
    Becasue people who own macs in general simply don't game on them, period. MAC and OSX are for art minded people.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    The only problem is that literally all of asia disagrees, so Blizzard is still going to make enough money to not care about their core audience.
    Having played a few of these pathetic, grindy excuses for games the Asians call MMOs, I question their taste in gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinytalon View Post

Next blizzcon probably will reveal the new expansiom and by that time, the allied races of 8.2.5 are already out, just hope the story gets a better and the horde doesn't become the b@tch/spoiled brat the alliance needs to take care
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Blizzard is playing damage control with the end of the quarter earnings report is approaching. The announced Diablo project is just a korean clone for Crusaders of Light. Both games are made by NetEase they helped blizzard with the Diablo version. https://youtu.be/CAe8QgO14aA

Quote Originally Posted by Dasharin View Post
    Fixed that for you

speak for yourself...no one cares what you think and everyone does not agree with you
    you did not fix anything, your just changing my words, did you watch the announcement, did you notice the praise for when it was asked if it was an out of season april fools joke, did you not here the actual boo's from the crowd at blizzcon.

i am not speaking for everyone nor did i ever say i was, however my opinion is one that is strongly held by many as well, go on YouTube the forums, you shall find what i have stated is an exceptionally common belief.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Please don't attempt to speak for all gamers. Mobile is huge these days. Activision/Blizzard did not spend $5.9 billion buying King Games for no reason. It was to gain a strong foothold in the mobile market. Only the ignorant would think that Blizzard would not take advantage of it, and the hate and vitriol towards it is rather stupid.
    I never had any doubt blizz/activision would enter the mobile market, remember when the bought out the guys who made candy crush? it was only ever a matter of time. no one is against blizzard being IN the mobile market the problem is with the HOW, most expected and i include myself in this that when blizzard entered the mobile market it would be with a d3 port like they did on the switch or with a new IP.

what was unexpected is that they would make a new game for one of there original IP's for computers and lock it down into the mobile market. the playability of the mobile is no were close to the comfort and ease offered by every other system. the problem with locking an original IP into a new market is that the old/original market PC gamers are abandoned and left behind, which is where all the outrage is created.

Quote Originally Posted by Jegger View Post
    How were they being entitled? Imagine being a football fan. You watch your team play every season, you've bought a big tv for it and a stellar sound system and you've been adding all sorts of fancy chairs over 20 years of doing it and then suddenly the team manager comes on stage and says "In the future you'll only be able to watch the teams games from the following company's mobile only streaming service". Now you know this mobile company has a history of exagerated pay-per-view policies, but the manager says "it's fine, we've worked the whole thing from the ground up, have a look at this" and what comes up on the presentation's screen is the same UI that the cash grab streaming company has used, with a slightly altered font and color.

Seeing that a member in the audience asks "but player statistics and score don't loop through automatically and to see these things you have to push these big buttons that take up a third of the screen" to which the presenter responds "the service will be available to both android and ios, but we have no plans to make it big TV screen friendly, do you not have fingers?!?".

See what the problem is now? Diablo has existed for over 20 years and people have been patiently waiting for six years since the last time something happened to it now. You're not just talking about a couple people being negative, it's an overwhelming majority. The biggest problem is that it's not a game for Diablo fans. They took the franchise away from people who have been invested in it for over 20 years and put it on a platform that none of them would be interested in. Sure, everyone has a phone, but when you build your gaming nest one peripheral at a time and then get told "lol, just use your phone", can you really call people entitled when they get mad?

So Diablo fans won't play it and people who play mobile games likely won't care that it's diablo, since they have no prior contact with diablo and they aren't invested in the lore or the history of the IP, so why does it even have to be Diablo? To me it looks like Activision-Blizzard are just cashing in on their most loyal fans while at the same time cashing in on the Eastern market. A game for their shareholders, not for their customers.
    i dont see the problem, its more like making streaming for the game available on mobile devices too. Are players upset that they will have to play a sidegame to get the full diablo experience? or that a game was made for a console they dont like? i can understand and relate to the former a little but from what i got from the shitstorm players just dont want blizz to make a game for the mobile audience, i couldnt care less myself. If it sucks i wont play it, if its great ill download it. if its a moneysink thats pay to win, i wont touch it.

I think this game is doomed now just because of this comical over reaction and nobody will even give it a chance. I wonder what would happen if they released a PC version of the exact same game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    omg blizzard decided to partner with a company that has extensive knowledge and experience designing mobile phone video games that are similar to what an adaptation of diablo on mobile phones should be! omg they're probably gonna make a good video game, let the sirens of despair be heard across the world!
    Lol, the irony. They make shitty cash grab games copying concepts. Like they already have a Diablo clone. China hates this company. Which China has a much more p2w market than us. That is saying A LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    i dont see the problem, its more like making streaming for the game available on mobile devices too. Are players upset that they will have to play a sidegame to get the full diablo experience? or that a game was made for a console they dont like? i can understand and relate to the former a little but from what i got from the shitstorm players just dont want blizz to make a game for the mobile audience, i couldnt care less myself. If it sucks i wont play it, if its great ill download it. if its a moneysink thats pay to win, i wont touch it.

I think this game is doomed now just because of this comical over reaction and nobody will even give it a chance. I wonder what would happen if they released a PC version of the exact same game?

It is only doomed in the United States. It will make a lot of money in China, just like the Warcraft movie did.

Since Blizzard is seeing more of their profits coming in from Asia, they absolutely HAVE to tailor their products for Asian markets. People in the US hate the Warcraft movie, and hate Diablo Immortal. People in Asia loved the movie, and are likely to love the game when it comes out. Since Asians are the people paying their salaries, Asian sensibilities are the ones that need attending to.

If Blizzard ever makes another movie or series, it will have to be tailored towards the Chinese market. It is proven from the first movie that they cannot rely on the US market for any money, but that the Asian market is sufficient. In a similar way, Diablo Immortal will succeed or fail based upon how well it does in Asia. It is already pretty assured that it will bomb in the US.