its funny they claim the anti high elves are toxic when the pro high elves are just are toxic if not more.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    The goal is not to bum you out, nor is it jumping through hoops. It is an honest appraisal of what was said. After all, if pleasing the High Elf crowd was something Blizzard really cared about as a top priority, High Elves would have been announced a year ago and not Void Elves. This is not to say they don't care about players who like High Elves, but they have their priorities. The rationale behind why Void Elves were created, not to thematically or visually intrude on a Horde race, still holds. You cannot assume that that would be disregarded, especially as that is one of the major reasons Void Elves exist at all.

Frankly, your response shows why I think it probably won't happen. They will come across the same design issues that led them to create Void Elves in the first place, too close to the Blood/High Elf look and you undermine the distinctiveness of Blood Elves and too different and you fail to satisfy the pro High Elfers. And if they reject it, what's the point? And since you can't give them what they really want, do nothing.
    Fair points, I guess we have to wait and see. I see them eventually not caring and just shoe horning 1 blood elf look into void elf customization for aesthetic and role-play purposes and calling it a day. Those who oppose it will still be satisfied as it's still technically called a void elf.

They could also make a new High Elf/Void Elf hybrid look, I'd settle for that as well. Who says tentacles have to be blue and purple?

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Remember what happens at the end of Warcraft 3?
    I remember every high elf town in Vanilla being Alliance-friendly, while the only blood elf camp was hostile to everyone.
    Whatever...

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I remember every high elf town in Vanilla being Alliance-friendly, while the only blood elf camp was hostile to everyone.
    And you remember when Blizzard said the scattered fragments of the high elves were not a real race?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

And you remember when Blizzard said the scattered fragments of the high elves were not a real race?
    They also sprung a whole Silvermoon out of nowhere after books in vanilla clearly said there was no survivors.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    And there is no merit to the pro High Elf point of view.
    You've revealed your hand. I rest my case. Now everyone in this thread knows that there is zero point in discussing this topic with you.

Closing thoughts before I never speak to you again, as there is no reason to (see quote above for reference): I made the High Elf video as someone who isn't pro-High Elf. I didn't ask for that rank or my channel in the Discord, they gave it to me in honor of my video. I'm also in the Sanlayn, Vulpera and Sethrakk discords as well (just haven't made a video on them yet - but I did make a Forest Troll video). Ion is wrong on the lore in this case. He doesn't know or care about it as he has self-admitted before. He is a hardcore raider who has never seen the Alliance side. He exclusively plays Horde. Also, your signature isn't what Ion said. Look at my new Sig. THIS is what he said...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    snip
    also this from wc3 reforged

I guess someone at Blizzard wasn't paying attention. Why is the High Elf boasting glowing fel green eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by Koroniss View Post
    I guess someone at Blizzard wasn't paying attention. Why is the High Elf boasting glowing fel green eyes?
    Maybe he was just born with it. One in my class when I was a kid had green eyes... :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Customization for void elves?

A compromise of a compromise?

Nah, let's try to get the real deal, that's not enought.
    Baby steps my man, baby steps. The official word from Blizzard went from "no current plans/the horde is waiting for you" to "yes it can happen, don't give up hope"

Let the High Elf fans constructively ask for High Elf Allied Race, that's how I see it. I see the addition of skin/hair color choices added to VE to give HE fantasy as the "worst case scenario" compromise, but at least it's an actual compromise.

I will still prefer and continue hoping for High Elves as an Alliance Allied Race as that's been the true goal all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    A Void Elf that has fair skin, hair and blue eyes? I'd take that as a win.

A chance means they're discussing it, which is a far cry from the conclusion that Alliance would never get the High Elf look.
    Yup, and they even welcome more discussion on the matter. It's a great moment for Alliance High Elf fans! a possibility of some form of the "High Elf fantasy" to exist on Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    They can't add a "high elf" option to Void Elves... it makes no sense... they would have to rename the allied race to "Exiled Elf" or something.
    You're right it wouldn't! Better they just add actual Alliance High Elves then!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reinal View Post

awwww yeahhh, they also said they would change up the story a bit to match that of World of Warcraft. Wonder if this means they'll show that some High Elves stayed in the Alliance, while others went with Kael'thas thus showing the true divide of their people that exists in WoW today! Or maybe they leave it as is, makes no difference in that option.
    Last edited by FlubberPuddy; 2018-11-06 at 03:03 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Someone else posted somewhere on this website about a High Elf/Silver Covenant allied race complete with the colored face tattoos of the high elf archers from WC2.

So I could see there maybe being a slight distinction between a blood elf who was once flowing with fel turning void, to a high elf with no such taint turning void yet still be considered Ren'dorei.

In the Void Elf start zone there are both blood and high elf wayfarers.

There's also a small group in Boralus called Auric's Angels, presumably referring to Alleria's captain Auric.
    Last edited by Highelf; 2018-11-06 at 02:59 AM.

yes, the side that's been pointing out what Blizzard has said for over 14 years are the ones who don't live in reality. You do realize that this customization if it even happens will not be true high elves? They'll just have paler skin options and hair closer in shade to blood elves, but they wont be blood elves.

If anything you should be praying for it not to happen, because this just further shuts the door for you, not that I think you ever getting your Blood elves with blue eyes on the Alliance was possible, this just removes the option until the
    I already pointed out that when you mouse over it would still say "Void Elf" and when you use a racial it would still be a Void Elf racial. But aesthetically players would see a High Elf with blond hair and flesh tone skin. That is good enough for me to be satisfied. Does that mean I don't want them as a separate allied race? Of course not, I would love for them to be their own race with their own racials, but I'll take this win if they give it to us. At least it will be a High Elf in all but name and racial.

Just give people the blue eyes / fair skin / blonde hair option and call it a day.

The best argument against High Elves was the fact that Horde / Alliance characters should have a unique silhouette (so you can tell them apart, even from a distance), but with Void Elves and Nightborn it flies right out of the window anyway.
    I recently resubbed after a long break and was legitimately irritated by Void Elves in Stormwind. I will get used to it eventually (I think), but as someone who plays both factions this was a weird first impression.

Yes, i also remember blizz saying, that elite crack squad is a real race.

What happens once a blood elf is cleansed from the fell?He becomes normal again.Helf>Belf>Velf>Helf.Velves are Helves by default.Combinethem with what surviving Helves are still living in the Alliance and you get your Helf.Blizzard already showed cleansing happening within the Belves.So Velelves with blue eyes is possible + the surviving Helves fromthe Alliance i hope this to enough
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    What happens once a blood elf is cleansed from the fell?He becomes normal again.Helf>Belf>Velf>Helf.Velves are Helves by default.Combinethem with what surviving Helves are still living in the Alliance and you get your Helf.Blizzard already showed cleansing happening within the Belves.So Velelves with blue eyes is possible + the surviving Helves fromthe Alliance i hope this to enough
    Same could be asked about Orc and Mag'har orc.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Same could be asked about Orc and Mag'har orc.
    Butbut!Just imagine a cleansed from the fell Velf from the horde + what is left of Helf in the Alliance???? New Helf babies!!!! profit for the elven race no matter how you look at it!

About the Mag'har orc i'm not to familiar with it but from what i read the other orcs are still green skinned because they are still not corrupted with fell (nothing that they don't use it) unlike the Belves who have golden eyes which is a sign showing they are cleansed.As far as i understood Mag'har are the orc Equivalent of Helves.Not corrupted race by the fell.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Quote Originally Posted by Reinal View Post

It has to be a mistake, no? Because Warcraft III: Reforged culminates with the events of The Frozen Throne, which precedes to Blood Elves utilizing the Fel-infused crystals importes from Outland, correct?

As to the issue of Blizzard further compromising on the aesthetic of Void Elves, as someone who has long advocated for playable High Elves, this is the only way that would be acceptable for me:

• The remaining concentrations of High Elves would need to be placed into a situation whereby they'd be working alongside the Void Elves. As it doesn't seem especially likely that any of the remaining High Elves would elect to subject themselves to the volatility of the Void, the specifics of their becoming imbued by the Void might be better explained as either an accident or an unfortunate necessity in an dire situation.
    • In this way, the High Elves would experience similar physical adaptations as the Void Elves. The distinction would be in the severity of these adaptations.
    • As it pertains to their skin, it makes sense for them to be unnaturally pale. I don't think "natural" tones are necessary, those can stay with Blood Elves.
    • As it pertains to their eyes, I suspect they would have the same coloration as the Void Elves. That said, if it were up to me, they would all have purple eyes -- blue eyes can, as before, go to the Blood Elves.
    • As it pertains to hair, it would make sense for it to appear as if unnatural (even if the undelaying base is seemingly healthy). I would like to see a couple blonde or brown colorations, which are very washed out and unhealthy looking.

I think the reboot of WC3 is an interesting point of discussion because they mentioned they would be making some changes to suit new lore (they're planning to make changes to suit retcons from WoW). We'll probably get some interesting information on how they view the cultures of various races during and prior to the Third War.

As for the high elf unit above, it's a spellbreaker, which would have been listed as a Blood Elf in WC3. I don't really see how that's relevant here at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Yes, i also remember blizz saying, that elite crack squad is a real race.
    But helfs are not a real race, unless Blizzard said so. So, given that's not happened yet, they are still not a race no matter how strongly you feel about it.