Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Somebody get this kid a horse.
    if i wanted one i'd take the high horse you think you ride around on.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    meh. give it to them, worst thing that happens is the parents say "nope".
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    meh. give it to them, worst thing that happens is the parents say "nope".
    no-one says nope, you just keep it in a box/on a shelf etc. they should know whats safe and they should know a new born has no interest in teddies.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    no-one says nope, you just keep it in a box/on a shelf etc. they should know whats safe and they should know a new born has no interest in teddies.
    ... I literally had a chest of teddies, horsies, and beanie babies by the time I was 5. grandma gave me most of them before I could even remember. But as has been established on these forums, I was raised right as opposed to being coddled and treated like some porcelain doll that'll break if you so much as look at it too hard.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

... I literally had a chest of teddies, horsies, and beanie babies by the time I was 5. grandma gave me most of them before I could even remember. But as has been established on these forums, I was raised right as opposed to being coddled and treated like some porcelain doll that'll break if you so much as look at it too hard.
    I get your POV, it sounds stupid. That being said, the leading cause of infants in the US is still accidental death (although most of those are due to auto vehicle accidents), and there's a reason why parents are more cautious about toys nowadays...perhaps we learned from the past? Only takes one kid to die from choking on a button-eye...in any case, babies don't have reasoning skills, not sure how much "not being coddled" has to do with babies choking on their toys.

5 is miles from a new born lol, 5 year olds are at school, whats your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    As a mother myself, I personally would *NOT* give that to my newborn. The eyes and and nose look as though they could come off. The horse itself also looks very "fuzzy", I would tug on some of it's fur to see if any comes off easily. You have to think. Babies tend to explore everything by putting stuff in their mouth.

If you want to give them something for their baby that is a horse - I recommend getting a stuffed animal that isn't so fluffy and has embroidered eyes and nose.
    For example:

https://www.amazon.com/Aurora-AW1570...horse+for+baby

Just a general thing, but notice the eyes, nose, and mouth are embroidered in.

I personally bought a set like this for my sister when her baby was born. Noticed it says "plastic safety eyes and nose".
    https://www.amazon.com/Bellzi-Baby-S...horse+for+baby

Good luck on your decision.
    Yo thanks these are great suggestions! I'll see if the local babies r us has something so I can get it faster

It's a baby. It doesn't know wtf a horse is. It's just going to drool, puke, and shit on it anyways, because babies are stupid. If you have any fraction of belief in the possibility of a toy-story like reality where toys come alive when you aren't around, then you are effectively condemning that horse to its own personal vietnam.

Put that shit on the shelf for 3 years since you seem to love it so much, then gift it to the kid later in life. Common sense.
    This has to be some of the funniest shit that made me expel laughter uncontrollably in a long time, thank you.

It's a baby. It doesn't know wtf a horse is. It's just going to drool, puke, and shit on it anyways, because babies are stupid. If you have any fraction of belief in the possibility of a toy-story like reality where toys come alive when you aren't around, then you are effectively condemning that horse to its own personal vietnam.

Put that shit on the shelf for 3 years since you seem to love it so much, then gift it to the kid later in life. Common sense.
    Age 0-3 the proper term is crotch goblin.

Age 3+ they're terrorists, and we don't negotiate with terrorists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post
    Age 0-3 the proper term is crotch goblin.

Age 3+ they're terrorists, and we don't negotiate with terrorists.
    Holy shit, I spit my drink when I read this. lol lol
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    My Samsung A5 2017 is warm shit at taking pictures, but the eyes are well inside and they're tightly attached.
    Normally for newborns you dont want any hard pieces or things tgey can pull off. Give it to your friend, worse case they don't let them play with it for a few months.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I would personally go to the store and buy a baby safe toy and give her baby that and the horse. Tell her mother one is for now and one is for later but you thought the horse was cute so you had a to buy it.

People go crazy with safety shit now. Back in the days, we would play with sharp rocks and eat sand and birb poop. Your plush is perfect and she'll love it and we will not see a picture of her on the newpaper saying BABY DEAD AFTER CHOKING ON HORSE.

It's a kid, and it's an adorable toy.

Just give it to the kiddo, and worst case, if the parents feel it's not appropriate, they'll keep it away from their kiddo, until the kid is old enough to play with it.

About half the presents my son gets are quietly shuffled onto a closet shelf, until he's actually old enough to play with them (e.g. the drone someone gave him when he was 4.....)

Don't sweat it.

Source: Am a dad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It’s a newborn... parents didn’t give their newborns sharp rocks to play with “back in the days”, nor did they allow their babies to eat sand and bird poop. Hell, I’m 32 years old and I don’t ever remember doing that as a child.

Seriously, it’s like you guys don’t know the difference between toddlers/kids and babies.
    My parents would put diet soda in our sippy cups. That stuff is like 80% poison.

Have a friend who was given "a sip of beer" by his parents at his 1st birthday. Would have been fine but 8 other guests decided it would be funny to do that too, so he ended up drunk on his 1st birthday.

I think you just had good parents. Some of us didn't.

Deleted
    Give it to the parents and let them keep it in bed with them for a while. It will accumilate their smell and will soothe the baby when she holds it.

Looks like any other stuffed animal that my kids had since they were newborn's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I have it on good authority that infants like to try and eat things. It might catch a hairball if it starts chewing on the fur.

Just store it somewhere safe and give it to them in a few years.

Keep it for a later B-Day celebration. To be fair newborns are a pain in the ass to buy for. You can still give them the horse, they just might have to keep it on a shelf in the babies room or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    So much cursing lol, like I do a lot but damn

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It’s a newborn... parents didn’t give their newborns sharp rocks to play with “back in the days”, nor did they allow their babies to eat sand and bird poop. Hell, I’m 32 years old and I don’t ever remember doing that as a child.

Seriously, it’s like you guys don’t know the difference between toddlers/kids and babies.
    S-S-S-SORRY FOR MAKING A JOKE. Good lord please have mercy on my soul.

But to be completely serious, newborns don't even have to motor skills to grab the plush and eat it. They hurt themselves with their own nails. There's no danger in giving any child of any age that plush.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I mean, kids age you know.
    Only if they don't get unsuitable toys.