Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Smile Best changes i can come up with for hunter to make it feel more fun

a change i wuld to to hunter make beast master meele ride a pet while attacking with other pets a true beast master should be based around the pets like Rexxar!

Survival go back to ranged hunter then is more based on mobility, throw traps, shoot poison and nature based shots!

Marksman remove rapid fire switch steady shot name to risky shot, trueshot aura should be renamed to rapid fire like old time
    bring back the sniper aura that makes you deal more damage when u dont move maby switch hunter marks to a hawk that marks your target and attacks every time you attack becus when i saw those npc hold a hawk in their arm i felt like it wuld be more and more perfect for marksman!

barrage i wuld remove or bring it to a 4th spec with mechanical pets we may aswell get mechanical hunter spec since it feel abit strange a beast master use mechanical pet so make mechanical hunter use mechanical pets and more bombs and machine type weapon even if i were to prefer Tinker be a new class this can be 1 step in that direction!

cant say marksman hunter should be a arena spec ever it may work on battleground if they can snipe but thats it

these are just my idea and sry abut my english its my second language and i got aspergers and add

My thoughts:

I dislike the idea of a melee BM immensely because I have played BM since vanilla and enjoy it ranged. I'd like a dual-wield Rexxar-type build but I'd want it to be an optional thing, not a replacement like melee was for Survival.

Riding around on a pet could be fun, but other classes would cry "how come hunter gets mounted combat and we don't?"

Would be glad to see Survival return to ranged. I like the melee version well enough, but that should be its own thing IMO.

I like the idea of a hawk or eagle marking targets.

Rather than create a 4th mechanical pet spec, I'd rather Blizz just make a Tinker class.

i played hunter since vanilla but looking at beast master still today does not feel that much like beast master u only exotic pets does not really feel that much better + ranged attacking with pet feels abit better with survival
    while attacking alongside pet it feels better for the beast master aspect aswell that is how rexxar fighted in warcraft 3!
    if u look at the kill command thats what bm hunter heavy focus around but does not feel much like a beast master dire beast pvp talant should probly been normal ability it feels abit more like you are a pokemon trainer with a gun..
    but my point with bm ride on a pet can be like a charge or something like as ability so that it feels more based around pets
    thats why i think meele makes more sense for beast master

on the good side when classic comes out u can still play the old bm but in BFA today i think BM really need that change

paladin already rides a mount with ability but still hunter is the 1 class that makes the most sense to be allowed to ride on pet while attacking and demon hunter got double jump i dont think it is unfair just dont need to give hunter ride a pet to much movement speed maby trailblazer speed at max wich remainds me
    trailblazer and camouflage should just be normal hunter abilitys and not a talant

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    They should really just make a 4th spec so people will stop complaing give warriors one for glad and warlocks one like old demo but with different effects keep the other classes at three.

Deleted
    Give back legion/4 piece hellfire MM
    Give back Tbc BM
    Give back SoO surv

Fixed hunter, pay me blizz.

don't you dare touching current SV iteration! its really fun to play. maybe make wildfire infusion baseline, but everything else plays very rewarding..
    @Dragtox: rexxar never rode on his beasts.. but otherwise, yes. MM and BM are abit far from their concept ideas we had from wc3, classic etc. I'd also like to see MM go back to take your shots where it counts and stay away from senseless firing arrows. Its just stupid to see that one long aimed shot takes half your focus and 24 rapid arrows while moving and jumping and target switching in like 3 seconds lets you regenerate your focus *scoff*

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Dragtox View Post
    Survival go back to ranged hunter then is more based on mobility, throw traps, shoot poison and nature based shots!
    Had me sold at that line there.

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    don't you dare touching current SV iteration! its really fun to play. maybe make wildfire infusion baseline, but everything else plays very rewarding..
    @Dragtox: rexxar never rode on his beasts.. but otherwise, yes. MM and BM are abit far from their concept ideas we had from wc3, classic etc. I'd also like to see MM go back to take your shots where it counts and stay away from senseless firing arrows. Its just stupid to see that one long aimed shot takes half your focus and 24 rapid arrows while moving and jumping and target switching in like 3 seconds lets you regenerate your focus *scoff*
    survival right now do not feel like a survival hunter it feels like it trys to be something else just like outlaw rouge!
    right now survival can feel fun but does not feel like a hunter and the pet does not really make it feel more like a hunter it just feels like it trys to be a BM i say that becus i want to have the meele ability over to BM instead with some more pet ability combo so that survival can go back to ranged becus bm always felt strange as ranged even in vanilla when you look on survival it was good the way it was befor meele after then it feels like something that is not survival hunter!

may aswell create pirat class bring the survival meele combo to that class throwing harpoon aswell as bring it outlaw but that probly wont happan!

you feel the survival aspect when you place traps then shoot poisen on your target and let your pet get your pray while you take advantage of range is probly another reason i want trailblazer and camuflage to be a normal ability becus it should never been a talant to begin with...

only problem is nostalgia trys to defend ranged BM becus damage and numbers and i only want my favorite class to feel like a hunter!

you feel the survival aspect when you place traps then shoot poisen on your target and let your pet get your pray while you take advantage of range is probly another reason i want trailblazer and camuflage to be a normal ability becus it should never been a talant to begin with...
    The thing is throwing traps IN COMBAT has never made sense and still doesn't make sense. It's a damn trap. A spec like that would work if WoW was based on open world content and world pvp where prepping traps beforehand and cleverly playing around them would be required.

Quote Originally Posted by blulingo View Post
    Give back legion/4 piece hellfire MM
    Give back Tbc BM
    Give back SoO surv

Fixed hunter, pay me blizz.
    TBC BM? with the 1 macro you just spammed all day and did nothing else? yea, no.

I do miss the 4 piece HFC MM though.

a change i wuld to to hunter make beast master meele ride a pet while attacking with other pets a true beast master should be based around the pets like Rexxar!
    Preach! That's how the Beastmaster fantasy was in Warcraft 3. Rexxar is the core of the Beastmaster and he was a melee combatant fightign side by side with his animal companions. The meaning of BM was to get you and your pet to fight together help each other and coordinate combo attacks while buffing each other with savage ferocity.
    Hell survival right now is much closer to the classic Beastmaster fantasy than BM ever was. Mash up the 2 specs into one removing bombs and adding more melee/beastial abilities and it is done.
    I would even go as far as to try and make it into a tank spec but that's just my personal wishful thinking so don't mind me .

Yes this will counteract the change of BM into melee an actually bring back a much more viable spec both mechanically and fantasy wise.

bm always felt strange as ranged even in vanilla when you look on survival it was good the way it was befor meele after then it feels like something that is not survival hunter!
    ahh yes, now that you say it, survival started off as a melee focused specc already in vanilla
    e.g. https://classic.wowhead.com/talent-c...jDwATAF_nOH3cA

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

What does it matter what spec is called. You want to fight by your pet in melee, then just roll a surv hunter and done, you are now a Rexxar inspired beastmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Johny-Blade View Post
    Preach! That's how the Beastmaster fantasy was in Warcraft 3. Rexxar is the core of the Beastmaster and he was a melee combatant fightign side by side with his animal companions. The meaning of BM was to get you and your pet to fight together help each other and coordinate combo attacks while buffing each other with savage ferocity.
    Hell survival right now is much closer to the classic Beastmaster fantasy than BM ever was. Mash up the 2 specs into one removing bombs and adding more melee/beastial abilities and it is done.
    I would even go as far as to try and make it into a tank spec but that's just my personal wishful thinking so don't mind me .

Yes this will counteract the change of BM into melee an actually bring back a much more viable spec both mechanically and fantasy wise.
    i dont mind the tank idea but probly wuld want blizzard to make a vote on that if they were to do the change

- - - Updated - - -

ahh yes, now that you say it, survival started off as a melee focused specc already in vanilla
    all hunter started as meele and ranged in classic but the meele was bad talant ranged survival is the one that makes most sense in the wow fantasy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    What does it matter what spec is called. You want to fight by your pet in melee, then just roll a surv hunter and done, you are now a Rexxar inspired beastmaster.
    so if hunter played like a mage channel magic instead of ranged weapon do you still feel like the class is a hunter?

BM must remain range, removing melee and that awful deadzone (and ammo) where one of the best things blizz did

they need to remove the awful clunky GCD changes, change our rotation so that its not RNG based to keep the stacks up

but most importantly remove the utterly awful changes they made to pets that only makes a couple of pets viable, bring back spirit beasts please

I think a better way to view Vanilla survival, is that it made hunters less horrible in melee combat. Rather than making hunters a melee class.

As survival you still wanted to deal a lot of damage from range, but you were dangerous in melee too.
    Where MM and BM revolved more about increasing your strengths; survival was more about decreasing your weaknesses. Which is also why it was often a loved talent tree to put 21 or less points into (especially for PvP), as that gave you a lot of the really solid survival / melee / trap skills that made you less vulnerable to being steamrolled in melee.

Hunters were never really a good pure melee class though, even hardcore into survival. Raptor strike was an "on next auto attack" ability, mongoose bite required a dodge and counterattack only worked after parrying.
    So what you often did was raptor strike + wing clip, meanwhile hope to get a lucky parry for a counterattack or dodge for mongoose bite and trying to regain distance again.
    Last edited by Nythiz; 2018-11-03 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    I think a better way to view Vanilla survival, is that it made hunters less horrible in melee combat. Rather than making hunters a melee class.

As survival you still wanted to deal a lot of damage from range, but you were dangerous in melee too.
    Where MM and BM revolved more about increasing your strengths; survival was more about decreasing your weaknesses. Which is also why it was often a loved talent tree to put 21 or less points into (especially for PvP), as that gave you a lot of the really solid survival / melee / trap skills that made you less vulnerable to being steamrolled in melee.

Hunters were never really a good pure melee class though, even hardcore into survival. Raptor strike was an "on next auto attack" ability, mongoose bite required a dodge and counterattack only worked after parrying.
    So what you often did was raptor strike + wing clip, meanwhile hope to get a lucky parry for a counterattack or dodge for mongoose bite and trying to regain distance again.
    A lot of people forget that hunters in vanilla had more melee AP than ranged, and that lok'delar had one of the higher melee attack damage ranges of epic weapons at the time. A hunter could legit melee someone to death at that point, and it wasn't a "bad" strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by miwonehema View Post
    A lot of people forget that hunters in vanilla had more melee AP than ranged, and that lok'delar had one of the higher melee attack damage ranges of epic weapons at the time. A hunter could legit melee someone to death at that point, and it wasn't a "bad" strategy.
    It wasn't a bad strategy, but I don't think it was ever viable enough to make you a "melee hunter".

There were not that many advantages to sticking in melee as you had to rely on auto attacks for most of your damage. Mongoose Bite only activated after dodging and Counterattack only after parrying. Raptor strike was an on next attack, which left you with applying wing clip and hope something procced.

Not that hunter wasn't dangerous. Raptor Strike + White attack hit like a truck.
    Certain weapons were (among which Lok'Delar) were very potent, but that went for nearly everyone with a good weapon at the time.
    Last edited by Nythiz; 2018-11-04 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    It wasn't a bad strategy, but I don't think it was ever viable enough to make you a "melee hunter".

There were not that many advantages to sticking in melee as you had to rely on auto attacks for most of your damage. Mongoose Bite only activated after dodging and Counterattack only after parrying. Raptor strike was an on next attack, which left you with applying wing clip and hope something procced.

Not that hunter wasn't dangerous. Raptor Strike + White attack hit like a truck.
    Certain weapons were (among which Lok'Delar) were very potent, but that went for nearly everyone with a good weapon at the time.
    I remember back in Vanilla specing into a hybrid SV/BM spec, with emphasis on melee combat and it would destroy other melees like warriors and rogues in 1vs1 since they could hardly hit me with high dodge and parry chances while surprisingly punishing them with high damage. And you could kite to boot since you didn't lose your range capabilities.

Also casters thought they could exploit you with your dead zone like every other Hunter, only to realize what a big mistake it was once they came close and got hit back like a truck.

It was gimmicky but it was fun and it could work on certain occasions, trust me. For Hunters who experimented when talent trees existed we found ways to make the melee hunter work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just my thoughts:

BM is totally fine. Yes it can be a bit boring, however there must be a reason that it is one of the most played specs in BfA.

MM was nerfed to the ground. It felt extremely satisfying to play in the alpha / early beta.
    What I would like to see:
    - the good old Serpent Sting baseline (buffed)
    - a hard hitting multishot or serpent spread for AoE
    - trick shots removed or buffed to alpha / early beta status

SV (my spec for BfA): Best hunter spec by far right now imo and I totally see why players do not want any iteration!
    However I see some wasted potential in the 90lvl talent row and would change it:

1. lvl90 Talent "Close Combat": You may equip melee weapons and gain "Mongoose Bite".
    Meleespec as we use to play it right now

2. lvl90 Talent "Trapper": The effect radius of your traps is enlarged by 25% and you have access to the following traps:
    Spike Trap: Immobilizes the targets in the affected area for 5seconds and let them bleed for 25% of all damage done to them while immobilized for 10sec. (45sec CD)
    Frost Trap: Slows the targets in the affected area by 50%. Crit chance againtst targets affected by Frost Trap is enhanced by 10% (30sec CD)
    Snake Trap: Apllies Serpentsting to all targets in the affected area. (15sec CD)
    Ultimate support spec, great for m+ and pvp. Sacrifices own damage potential against utility / groupbuffs.

3. lvl90 Talent "Bowman": You may equip ranged weapons and you gain "Black Arrow", Multishot replaces Carve, Kill Commands Cooldown removed.
    Plays very similar to the old SV: Black Arrow is back, Wildfire Bomb = Explosive Shot 3.0, Serpent Spread possible via Hydras Bite, Focusgenerator = Kill Command instead of Steady Shot.