Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by habitsbreaker View Post
    Nothing garrosh did was more evil that what sylvanes did, so if anyone try to justify burning the tree, then they have no right to criticize what garosh did
    Pretty much, comparing the two what Sylvanas has done so far, makes Garrosh look like boy scout..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Pretty much, comparing the two what Sylvanas has done so far, makes Garrosh look like boy scout..
    Yeah, she is much better at killing Alliance than Garrosh.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Nah she is just and evil witch that needs to be put down, for how the ingame animation portrayed what she did, she did out of spite towards the dying Night Elf captain..

There's nothing morally grey about Sylvanas burning Teldrassil...

defenseless citizens of the alliance you mean
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"

Quote Originally Posted by venomzxd View Post
    Did you forgot Jaina genocide to horde mages on Dalaran? After that se would to do another genocide in Orgrimmar..
    I really hate when people use the word genocide willynilly. Takes away all meaning of the word when killing more than 10 people = a genocide.

Stratholme was an unwinnable situation, Uther would have let the city turn to keep his hands clean and conscience clear, then likely lost paladin lives cutting down undead. Arthas made the difficult choice, but the right one.

Sylvanas committed a war crime. You can discuss the why or how but killing innocent civilians in an unprovoked attack is indefensible.

For a moment I thought this was some sylvanas x arthas post that pops up every while in the rp sub-forum, well on topic blizzard fucked with the teldrassil burning, unless azeroth somehow restore the tree and pull back from elune/shadowlands all the souls of the nelves that die, sylvanas and most of the horde is in the chop block, not even Anduin will be capable of restrain the alliance this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

And the defenders too. But she's really good at butthurting Alliance fanboys. That's her greatest quality.

Sylvanas is killing enemies. Arthas was killing his own subjects.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    No, Stratholme was not an 'invasion'.

Arthas came there seemingly peacefully. Citizens approached him on the street asking for his help with the recent sickness and he killed them in the streets.

The 'parallel' you're trying to make doesn't exist. The situation between Teldrassil and Stratholme is not similar whatsoever. One was a man who thought to 'save' his people by slaughtering the very people he wished to save (made morally grey because those same people would have become undead and fought him had he not), and the other is a literal storming up the coast of someone else's territory 'for safety' and proceeding to commit mass genocide because you got a little upset that someone saw through your plan.
    Kindly read what I've written again.

The 'parallel' you're trying to make doesn't exist. The situation between Teldrassil and Stratholme is not similar whatsoever. One was a man who thought to 'save' his people by slaughtering the very people he wished to save (made morally grey because those same people would have become undead and fought him had he not), and the other is a literal storming up the coast of someone else's territory 'for safety' and proceeding to commit mass genocide because you got a little upset that someone saw through your plan.
    You people need to get a handle on your forum morality.

Sylvanas burns the tree as an attack on Alliance morale to throw them into disarray. It's quite a common tactic in war in general and in Warcraft. The Velfs are corrupting raptors just cause it affects the morale of the Zandalari. So let's cut the crap about why she burned that tree so you fellas can feel better. It was a plan to strike at morale and a backup plan, it seems.

Unfortunately WoW morale has more plot armor than all the characters combined.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You people need to get a handle on your forum morality.

Sylvanas burns the tree as an attack on Alliance morale to throw them into disarray. It's quite a common tactic in war in general and in Warcraft. The Velfs are corrupting raptors just cause it affects the morale of the Zandalari. So let's cut the crap about why she burned that tree so you fellas can feel better. It was a plan to strike at morale and a backup plan, it seems.

Unfortunately WoW morale has more plot armor than all the characters combined.
    Or an explicit attack on Vulpera caravan or them as a whole by team Purge..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Accdg. to an interview, Garrosh would look like an amateur as compared to Sylvanas. Not too much of "arms" or "fury" spec as compared to Dark lady's.

- - - Updated - - -

There are stationed Sentinels/ Hutresses there, even roaming treant potectors. As if NE deploye 99.99% of their troops to Silithus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    Sylvanas is killing enemies. Arthas was killing his own subjects.
    Thus, which is morally grayer?

Kinda weird why the rest of the druids within Darnassus at that time didn't used most of their forms to help save citizens.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-11-08 at 11:29 PM.

sylvanas will be our new lich king - confirmed

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    We know what Blizzard is trying to spin the situation as.

The fact of the matter is it doesn't make sense.

It came off as her being pissy because this one night elf didn't break like she hoped they would. Why would this one Night Elf's opinion matter in her grand scheme? Was her plan really that fragile? And yes, I'm going to repeat for the ump-teenth time: Up until she spoke to Delaryn, she was still ordering her troops to capture the tree. Everything prior to that did not change her mind. Specifically speaking to Delaryn is what caused her to change her mind in the end.

No matter how you try to spin it, yes, she committed mass genocide because she was triggered. She went from war leader to warmonger on the turn of a hat, all because one Night Elf didn't completely break in a single strike. That's still fucking terrible. It's not better.
    Reminds me of Arthas snapping back at Uther and he retorted You are not yet my king boy and even if you were, I'll never do it.

We know what Blizzard is trying to spin the situation as.

The fact of the matter is it doesn't make sense.

It came off as her being pissy because this one night elf didn't break like she hoped they would. Why would this one Night Elf's opinion matter in her grand scheme? Was her plan really that fragile? And yes, I'm going to repeat for the ump-teenth time: Up until she spoke to Delaryn, she was still ordering her troops to capture the tree. Everything prior to that did not change her mind. Specifically speaking to Delaryn is what caused her to change her mind in the end.

No matter how you try to spin it, yes, she committed mass genocide because she was triggered. She went from war leader to warmonger on the turn of a hat, all because one Night Elf didn't completely break in a single strike. That's still fucking terrible. It's not better.
    More trigger words please. Nothing gets you what you want like just fisting a few trigger words into the argument. Screw your night elves. Unless it's genocide to kill Alliance this is an act of war, a cruel one but an act of war non the less.

I don't think they're comparable. If you asked me, I couldn't come up with a better solution to the problem Arthas faced. That's what makes it morally grey. Sylvanas had loads of options and chose the most evil one.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

Why cant the horde just be the bad guys?!

The morally grey thing was funny for about 5 minutes

What are you going to do with a giant tree? Cut it? Burning was the only real option. Alliance snowflakes need to deal with that.