Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm enjoying it. Log on for an hour or so, do the emissaries, work on some alts, log off. Kul Tiras is a visually interesting place, and there's plenty enough to keep me entertained until 8.1 drops.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    WoD 2.0
    How can anyone say that bullshit? WoD had literally NOTHING worth doing besides raids. NOTHING
    Now we have m+ which keep you busy for a very long time unless you hate pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    How can anyone say that bullshit? WoD had literally NOTHING worth doing besides raids. NOTHING
    M+ is being pushed too much, it's currently the best way to gear, so if you don't like M+ you're fucked. They're doubling down on that come 8.1 since raiding doesn't give you any extra points to apply to their new "M+ is now the way to play the game" vendor.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not the best, but it's so much better than Legion that I can't help to love it!
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

I'd say BFA so far is a below average expansion. So far it hasn't brought much new into the game, other than 2 features that are not actually that enjoyable in their current state. Hopefully warfronts on heroic and the new island expeditions will be a lot more fun. For the rest it feels like its Legion lite or Legion 0.5, doing the same old world quests, AP farming and mythic+ that were all a vital part of Legion. Yet in BFA they all feel downgraded. The allied races are a nice addition but I dread having to start back at level 20 with all these new characters, it would have really helped if they redid the old world like with Cata to give more incentive to play these allied races. So far I'm liking Mag'har orcs and dark iron dwarves, and I'm sure that I'll like Zandalari trolls aswell.

They played to safe without shaking anything up this expansion. Therefor I get bored a lot faster with this expansion as I have with others, with maybe the exception of WoD which was severely lacking in end game content. Its kinda fun to follow the lore and add a little extra faction pride to your characters, and I liked questing in both Zandalar and Kul'Tiras tosee both perspectives. But as it is now I'll probably take a huge break of the game once WC3: Reforged and WoW: Classic comes out.

1) Blizzard has to stop with "new expansion - new class fantasies! new rotation system!!" Just constantly creating new systems only to scrap it for the next expansion. That's just bad.

Just stop it. What worked before was when you added a new spell to the existing rotation. That one new spell made us feel OP or changed playstyle enough to feel stronger, progressively.

BfA took the cake if you ask me. This is the first expansion I refuse to raid past 2-3 bosses on heroic mode. This says a lot for me. I'm a mythic raider. I'm just not feeling the classes I play. If I'm not having fun with the system in place, why should I make it worse and raid unhappily?

2) They are way too worried about Warmode balancing that it affects PvE balancing. I'm talking about the global GCD garbage. Worst decision they've made in BfA. Absolute trash.

3) This is the first expansion where I log in, do my dailies and just log out for the whole day. I couldn't be assed to do the 4 mythic dungeons for easy 370 loot. I logged in today (tuesday) and was like, "Oh yeah, I didn't do that. Don't care."

I don't feel inspired to stay on.

That's all I have to say

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The first raid tier (Uldir) is pretty good, trash pulls in e-sport (M+) dungeons are tedious, questing is decent (but world quests quickly become pointless), story is garbage, and class/spec balance still needs a ton of work.

I play an elemental shaman in bfa so basically a sack of potatoes in pvp and borderline useless as a ranged caster in all forms of pve. I pay 14.99$ to enjoy my class fantasy alone as I bring nothing else to all forms of content that I could do miles better on any other ranged spec other than a shadow priest

Thank you blizzard for these 3months and ongoing of pure hell

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    3) This is the first expansion where I log in, do my dailies and just log out for the whole day. I couldn't be assed to do the 4 mythic dungeons for easy 370 loot. I logged in today (tuesday) and was like, "Oh yeah, I didn't do that. Don't care."
    I feel ya. I only just get up the motivation to log in on raid nights. No other content in BfA is particularly interesting anymore. I'm a tank, but I'm not a Blood DK, so pushing high M+ keys isn't very entertaining, either.

I feel annoyed. I miss playing WoW but I dont feel like BFA deserves my money and rewarding blizz for their laziness/greed

I play elemental shaman. It's not the best iteration or anything but I still like it.

My hypothesis is that legion was successful and so blizzard thought it was a good jumping point. This obviously caused a weird legion not legion feel in the systems.

But that is really fairly minor. I have found if I only take into account my own opinions that the game is pretty enjoyable. Personally I like BfA better than legion for a number of reasons.

I like having different weapons
    No legendaries
    I like southseas
    Not burning legion
    Not illidan
    Awesome life like city design
    Island expeditions
    Separation of epic and non epic BGs

Yeah it's not a massive list when you boil it down but really what I mean is that to me the cons just aren't that big. Raids and dungeons aren't listed because they are basically a constant quality between all expansions in my opinion

Deleted
    My whole guild slowly dissolved. Players got bored fast of the bad systems and the boring grinds. We bashed our heads against 10 man HC only to learn you can faceroll it with 20 players instead of the horrifically tuned 10 man version. Raid attendance had already dropped. Officers and raiders mostly gone. We had one last final push for recruitment, several very good attempts on G'Huun, relying on PUGs to fill our roster but never got him past 8%.

I've now unsubbed, as have most of my officers and raiders. Some main raiders have left the guild in search of a better one. By what they have told me since, the same is happening in other guilds too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I don't really expect you to be that dense.

Doing mythic+ is like watching wall paint dry for 30-45 minutes, rinse and repeat to other dungeon. Mythic+ isn't that new thing, it's diablo rift copypasta crap all over again. I don't honestly understand how is this really enjoyable? Sure it's easy get top gears but it doesn't mean you are guaranteed something u want from ur weekly chest. It was enjoyable when we had legendaries+tiers+artifact weapons. That was FUN TBH. Now it is taken away FUN DETECTED! NERF! OH WAIT Better LOCK UR GEARS? i mean, HELLO? tiers and legendaries ain't there anymore and i don't see the point locking the gears anymore. Raid is quick and boring fast. Let's be honest here guys, bfa just kill the fun. Let's stop pretending there's hope and etc. Wow's old and it's not going to stay up forever. WE paid 60 dollars for this half assed time gating content with a slap of heavily rngs behind it. Huh Huh, let's cut the bullshit. Blizzard is clearly having no idea what the fuck they are doing right now, good thing i unsubbed, and went to play different game. 8.1 is yawnfest nothing interesting, you know just another blizzard's bs excuses to keep drawing ppl.
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2018-11-06 at 07:46 PM.

Some of the zones and music are amazing.

I had fun leveling through my first toon and a bit during my second. My third was not enjoyable at all.

I really don't like the theme and where the horde is headed. I felt like Garrosh and MoP was pretty cool to do at the time, but now it seems as if Sylvanas is a "me too, do crazy stuff" horde leader.

I'm pretty bored already. I'm leveling a void-elf for the transmog armor instead of playing my 120s. I hit Draenor the other day and am really enjoying leveling through there again.

WoD is easily my least favorite expansion, but it started off great for me. BfA has started off horribly for me. Azshara is the only thing keeping me subbed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    BFA when it comes to the production value of the content itself is amazing. The zones are beautiful, the music is amazing, the new models, the cinematics, the dungeons and layouts and bosses... BFA could be amazing. It's just too bad they keep wasting all of it by catapulting you through all of it in a few afternoonsby balancing everything like the Guaranteed Success™ mess it is. Leveling, world content, dungeons below mid-level M+... everything is just there to pad the experience. You're never challenged along the way. Unless you play premade content you breeze through everything, you never have to stop and think to succeed.

I managed to play somewhat actively throughout WoD, yet BFA has me close to unsubscribing and just waiting for Classic next summer. It's obvious that Blizzard is not going to move away from the ARPG 30-min dopamine type of design and my loyalty has run out. I am not having fun in BFA at the least, because there's absolutely nothing to build towards. Leveling the HoA is about as fun as leveling the final AP trait before the changes to Artifact weapons in Legion, but every few levels you might unlock a ring with traits you've probably already had on lower ilvl gear.

BFA has completely gone down the swamp of thinking that simply getting better gear for no other purpose than to see the same content on another difficulty is enough to keep me playing, I'm sad to say that my patience has run out. I still love the game at it's very core, but when the game is designed to that you just get showered in gear to get to your preferred content ASAP, and world content is the same guaranteed success shit that is has been for so long, then there's no point in playing unless you somehow need no other motivation than to just get better gear for the sole purpose of getting a higher average iLvl. I'll wait for the day Blizzard remembers that gear is supposed to unlock new/more content (sig). Until then I'm waiting for Classic and to play a real, honest, grindy and archaic true MMORPG again.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2018-11-06 at 08:09 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    I don't really expect you to be that dense.
    Did you really register just to insult me and post that wall whine? I'm really honored but I won't read it.

Not too happy with class design. Ret feels boring and slow, the downtime is so noticeable that I notice it even when I’m chilling out not paying attention during WQs. Holy is boring as well, outside of AC it’s just keeping your instants on CD (or used when needed) and filling with holy light which is a 2.5 sec base cast time (2.3 for me with my haste).

Not happy with the content BfA brought either aside from Uldir. Islands are so mind numbing and boring that I have to put on something else in the background to get through the weekly amount. It’s essentially heroic level trash mobs that you grind mindlessly until a bar is filled. Warfronts are okay but they’re pretty infrequent. If the raid was horrible I probably wouldn’t be playing but uldir has been great overall imo.

So overall I’m not really that happy with BfA as an expansion. They took a lot of classes and left them the same after they removed legendaries/tier/artifacts and replaced all 3 with azerite armor which isn’t fulfilling at all. The only new content is islands and warfronts, one of which is currently active once every 3 or so weeks and the other is grinding heroic mobs to fill a bar. There’s nothing too great here like questing through suramar weekly (the quests were great), filling out your weapon while leveling and getting new abilities/interactive passives, etc.

Leveling especially felt horrible this time around. You lose legendaries at level 115 (or was it 116? Forgot) and gain nothing else. No new talents, no new abilities, just garbage azerite gear that has nothing of interest. They’ve acknowledged this though which is nice at least.

I’ll be honest, as much as I hated the legendary grind during legion I’ll take that over azerite I think. Azerite is just not a good replacement for the systems we had in legion regarding classes. Maybe we had too much but it felt really good.

They need to make the classes interactive and interesting baseline and have the new gear systems (azerite/artifacts) add on to that instead of having the gear finish off class design. Legion did this as well and even though it worked out due to the amount of systems in place it clearly isn’t working for BfA.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2018-11-06 at 08:54 PM.

Cant say iam enjoying the story so far but the gameplay is pretty solid IMO

But iam not gonna judge this xpac until every patch is in then i will judge it then

Art and music team, shock of shocks, knocked it out the park as usual. Writing is pretty mediocre even for MMORPG's and overall it seems to be very much the 'cata 2.0' i expected at the first datamining showing all old world stuff getting new models. Its another "now go level another alt" expansion. Come for a week every quarter otherwise. Not the worst thing in the world but i dont give two shits about gear, especially with a necklace level holding secondary effects hostage, and the world quests are dull as dicks.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's alright i suppose.

I getting a little... apathetic about it actually.

I play, but I'm not eager to play when i get home.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines