Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    This exactly. Any and all big announcements have been done. Now if they WERE to randomly announce something actually significant, it would be complete and utter damage control, don't be silly, @Teri.
    That article is not my opinion,this is just a thread to collect some recent happenings.

I do think it's very very strange to announce a new game 1 week after this as well.

So I am not expecting another new game announced at all this year even. Maybe some Diablo 3 related info at most.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-11-06 at 04:30 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    And they sold it as being "the futur of the Diablo franchise" instead of it being a side project.
    Mobile gaming is a part of the future of gaming simply as that, we can't change that anymore then people were able to keep handhelds from being developed. I've seen consoles being called casual gaming, handhelds called kiddie gaming, PC being called old timers gaming, and now it is mobile's turn to get the treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    I understand it. It's only a problem if you're entitled and think you're owed a game or an announcement of that game, which you aren't.
    Who says anyone is entitled?
    Are you entitled to receive a gift on your birthday? Is there a law that says this?
    No there isn't, people expect that based on the relation they have to other people.

And Blizzard has frankly a loyal customer base based on their previous titles, that customer base is not appealed by a mobile game, especially for a "core franchise" of Blizzard that has had a rough time lately.

Does Blizzard owe something to the fanbase?
    Objectively no, but then they shouldn't talk about like the fanbase is super important to them, as a mobile game does not reflect this or be surprised if said fanbase turns on them.

Video game companies at the end of day make money with emotions, as video games are not something you buy out of objective reasons, those emotions drive people to buy access to some stream for 50 bucks, said emotions however can turn on the company if it looks like they stopped giving a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    Doubtul that the stuff she will talk about in the next weeks is what we want to hear. It could be more stuff related to Diablo Immortal. It could be more details about D3 on Nintendo Switch....
    Right, gotcha who knows it would be really stupid on their part to talk about immortal more though hopefully they arnt that stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post

https://twitter.com/Dayntee/status/1059491082457640963

"2) I'm back to my nose on the grinder, there's a lot to do, and I can't wait to share more #Diablo stuff in coming weeks."

Hopefully this is something related to those other "projects" not related to D:Immortal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 2:

"Sources: Blizzard Pulled Diablo 4 Announcement From BlizzCon" - Kotaku

https://kotaku.com/sources-blizzard-...bli-1830232246

"Blizzard has assured fans publicly that it has multiple Diablo games in development. One of them is the game that fans are waiting for, and it was nearly announced last week."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 1:

Diablo also just changed their logo back to Diablo 3 on Facebook and Twitter

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comm...ck_to_d3_logo/

She said on rhykker stream taht they have something for diablo 3 next season so i think there will be new stuff i love D3 so hope die last

News can be alot of things. Could just be news about the next season in D3. Nothing changed but you can get a new pet and a frame, the usual.

Maybe the pet is a diablo immortal pet instead of collecting gold for you it takes it from your pockets.

Sorry tried to stay serious, did not last long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    They will announce Diablo immortal Phone cases of course
    They dont need to do that those are already in blizz shop

Uhhhh huuuuh.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by Joolo View Post
    She said on rhykker stream taht they have something for diablo 3 next season so i think there will be new stuff i love D3 so hope die last
    D3 is in maint mode, a new pet or season announcement isn't anything newsworthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crono14 View Post
    D3 is in maint mode, a new pet or season announcement isn't anything newsworthy.
    It'll just be a triple Goblin announcement. Not two, but three goblins next season!

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly what people would want at the very least would be:
    a) a class DLC
    b) new areas
    c) retuning sets and legendaries

What I'd want is an expansion or a game systems rework
    Short Term that's still nice to have, considering those legendary flaws still affect the new switch version too.

At the very least add some Affixes to all the legendaries that don't have any.

Class DLC would be more complicated but also nice to have, Amazon & Druid come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly what people would want at the very least would be:
    a) a class DLC
    b) new areas
    c) retuning sets and legendaries

What I'd want is an expansion or a game systems rework
    I can't really speak to the state of the game, as I don't think I have actually played a season in years. I don't think anything outside of an expansion or vast content update would bring a lot back as well. But that's not gonna happen or they would have revealed that.

So probably be something pretty small overall =/.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I doubt anyone "Paids $1000s". I also doubt anyone who did spend a chunk of money did it just for the Diablo panel and literally nothing else... Such as.. Literally "Going to Blizzcon"

I'm an avid Blizzard fan. If I had the opportunity to go to Blizzcon, it wouldn't be for the panels or releases. It would be going to go, to see my friends and enemies. To experience the con itself.
    pretty much anyone traveling from outside of north America. Though I agree going to Blizzcon only to witness new Diablo announcemet live is, well, strange to say the least

Some of the Blizzard white knighting in this thread is hilarious. Try to defend Blizzard as much as you want and blame the players, you won't do them any justice. This is the worst PR nightmare that Blizzard had since the early D3 problems. Maybe worse.

- - - Updated - - -

This honestly makes everything worse. If they really thought the Diablo Immortal announcement would result in ANY positive feedback/reaction especially in that slot it got during Blizzcon they lost every sense for their fanbase and are completely, completely out of touch with the community.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This is the worst PR nightmare that Blizzard had since the early D3 problems. .
    Everything goes so viral these days... while I do agree with all the backlash Blizzard is getting. This is getting kinda weird. The entire internet is blasted with D Immortal memes , jokes ,references , discussions or news article spams about what did Wyatt Cheng eat in the morning before the historic moment.

people hoping for a D3 expansion? You're kidding right

the games code/systems is built on sand. The game lags at high end game play.

theres no reason to grind endlessly into greater rifts when the only challenge is increased damaged done so it limits builds even further and becomes a boring gear grind grinding the same gear but with perfect anicent rolls.

And the items need a complete overwork because that too is incredibly build limiting and sets are king, which is stale and boring.

They need an entire new game but I dont have any faith in them to deliver that when they are currently out sourcing the diablo IP to fucking china.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Everything goes so viral these days... while I do agree with all the backlash Blizzard is getting. This is getting kinda weird.
    Well, Blizzard game announcements are usually not met with boo's and sarcastic questions by their own fans.

It's a bit like the nerd failing on a test, no one really expects that from him, whereas the "cool kid" who always sits in the back...

There's honestly an easy solution to this whole mess, simply apologize for Diablo: Immortal (I'm not laying blame on the game itself, but rather the entire circus), reflect on how Blizzcon was able to occur the way that it did, and then at a future time show that they understood the lessons that should have been learned. Anything they do other than this is just PR and scapegoating.

It seems unlikely that those things will happen, instead they will probably double down and chastise their audience and customers.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    One would need to look no further back than E3 this year:

EA did the exact same thing with command and conquer, massive backlash.
    Bethesda did the "look, we're working on ES6 but have nothing to show" thing, people seem to have gotten though that one just fine.

Say what you will about Bethesda but atleast they havent forgotten who there core audience is and what they want from them. I still cant get over how stupid Blizzard has been this year, first with BFA and its colossal mess and now this Diablo fiasko.
    Im not spending anohter cent on Blizzard products untill i see improvement in the basic stuff like knowing your customer base.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Everything goes so viral these days... while I do agree with all the backlash Blizzard is getting. This is getting kinda weird. The entire internet is blasted with D Immortal memes , jokes ,references , discussions or news article spams about what did Wyatt Cheng eat in the morning before the historic moment.
    I know. It's good the way it is. They deserve all of this negative press, honestly. Everything they did from the announcement of Diablo Immortal to their laughable PR trying to "fix" this mess is so badly done (even an Indie company with 5 guys would have solved this better) that it's hard to believe this is (was) Blizzard.

And they're not even stepping back, now they said DI needs a permanent internet connection to be playable. This didn't work for D3 on PC and now it should for DI? LOL

All of this is so horrible and low key I really don't know what to say. This is f* Blizzard.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2018-11-06 at 07:58 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again