Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Nope just watched a streamer going around in the barrens up and down to do 3 quests .. being locked at running speed without the sense of discovery doesn't seem appealing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mullet Man View Post
    It dumbfounds me that some people think the only way to play the game is to no life it.
    YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE "FIRST" TO ENJOY WOW CLASSIC.
    Yeah, I pity the people who poosock their way to 60 just to claim "realm first" of the easiest raid in the game.....and then sit around farming it week after week for the next 5 months until BWL launches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    It'll be a culture shock when leaving Live's braindead ARPG design behind and going back to slow and grindy, but yeah, I'm prepared and will enjoy feeling like I have things to strive for ingame again. Actually gearing up so that I can do the next tier of content, not hit max level and have all PvE content available barring difficulty modes after 1 afternoon.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I am prepared to invest however many hours I feel like, and to see what the results are.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    It'll be a culture shock when leaving Live's braindead ARPG design behind and going back to slow and grindy, but yeah, I'm prepared and will enjoy feeling like I have things to strive for ingame again. Actually gearing up so that I can do the next tier of content, not hit max level and have all PvE content available barring difficulty modes after 1 afternoon.
    and leveling actually be a part of that content as well

I will most likely take the week of launch off from work and play as much as I can. After that then it might be an hour or so a night. It will probably take me several weeks to get 1 toon to 60.

Deleted
    Yes, i'm ready.

I tried playing on Nostalrius a couple years ago, but only reached level 17 cause i didn't want to invest a ton of hours into something that could go away overnight.. This time i won't have to worry about that.

So yea, even though i'm older and have a fulltime job and wife and kid, i'll find a way.. But i'll remind myself to enjoy the ride on my way to 60, cause it's gonna take months.

Nah I wouldn’t enjoy that.

After playing the demo I realized I wouldn’t really have much fun with the boring class gameplay and the extremely slow questing. Running from one end of the barrens to the other is really boring when there’s nothing to discover.

Back in the day when everything was new and I would spend hours exploring one zone while questing it was very fun. Enjoyed seeing all the new creatures and different areas in zones. However now I’ve seen everything and none of it is new I don’t really enjoy questing for ages. Running back and forth in one zone with low movement speed is just boring to me when there’s nothing new to see. It’s not exciting and there’s no thrill of “what’s next?!?” since I already know.

Leveling through un’goro, silithus and such was so much fun. Wouldn’t enjoy it again though. Also many of the classes I’d play are fairly boring and mundane in classic.

So I’ll probably play casually during downtime in BfA or whatever. If I end up liking classic more if the next expansion is somehow bland like BfA (imo) then I’d switch.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2018-11-06 at 08:37 PM.

I will casualcore the shit out of classic, and once I get to 60 I'll jump in with whatever groups are available for content. Did this 12 years ago, and on pserves, and I'll do it again for official Classic. I can't fkn wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the state of BFA, if i still enjoy BFA i will most likely play Classic once in a while, if BFA blows i might devote my gaming time into classic

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    and leveling actually be a part of that content as well
    That is genuinely one of the things I look forward the most. When I was leveling in classic I always yearned for the next level, or x levels ahead for that new ability or ability rank. One of Live's biggest wastes is that leveling is just supposed to be this 72 hour Godmode of mowing down everything in your path, so that you don't spend enough time to realize just how little your character actually grows when leveling up, among scaling mobs and always way too powerful compared to mobs anyway.
    People always retort with "the real game starts at maxlevel" but I can't blame them too much, I mean when leveling is like it's been for so many years now, that statement is true. But it's easier to make it even faster, than to fix all the underlying issues that make people just want it over with. A talent point every level, a sea of dungeons, genuine gameplay improvements by acquiring a better weapon that isn't made irrelevant after 45 minutes of leveling, weapon skills to level up, actually worth spending some time on the side leveling up professions...

Can't wait for leveling to feel relevant again.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I know what I am going into and will probably spend 3-4 hours a day actively playing. When leveling I will try to do ALL quests, get my professions up (not fishing, ever) and take my time. Gonna be good
    The weak fear the shadows... fear controls them!

The main appeal for me will be that I can eventually get the pve gear I want to pvp with, and not have to worry about raiding again after a certain point, since no new raids will be released (hopefully).
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    Greetings champions, good to see you all!

Well, classic is coming, and we all know by now how time-consuming classic can be: leveling in itself is a journey that can take months and months until you get to cap (which is cool!). That got me thinking: Are you "prepared" for this?

A lot of classic players are now adults with families, jobs, and etc, and probably can't spend a lot of time with gaming. Will you play Classic despite the numerous time consuming tasks and quests that the game had?
    yep. family, kids, all the good stuff. and still prefer my mmorpgs to be more like... you know... mmorpgs ;p

So, leveling in classic can be done very easily within a 15 days /played window.
    Those of us that understood the quest lines and played optimal classes were able to get this down to 8-10 days.
    If I remember correctly, some speed levers hit max level within 6-7 days played.

Many of us miss this experience in an MMO, an experience that was extremely rewarding.

Classic was outstanding for end game, it was 100% up to you to decide your approach to it.
    Unlike today's end game which is: Rinse and Repeat each week.

Personally, I'm absolutely willing to play classic for more hours because it was more fun to do so.
    The current state of wow is boring, too repetitive and very limiting from a community perspective.

Hopefully Blizzard keeps the isolated server communities, this truly was the heartbeat of the game.

Im prepared to sacrifice.... Everything
    We humans have to stick together

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    The main appeal for me will be that I can eventually get the pve gear I want to pvp with, and not have to worry about raiding again after a certain point, since no new raids will be released (hopefully).
    Agreed 100%, classic wow was just so much better then anything else.
    The world actually felt like a world.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    Greetings champions, good to see you all!

Well, classic is coming, and we all know by now how time-consuming classic can be: leveling in itself is a journey that can take months and months until you get to cap (which is cool!). That got me thinking: Are you "prepared" for this?

A lot of classic players are now adults with families, jobs, and etc, and probably can't spend a lot of time with gaming. Will you play Classic despite the numerous time consuming tasks and quests that the game had?
    I would if it wasn't $15 a month to play an old videogame.
    I want a game that takes time to progress through because it makes being powerfull worth more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    I played since 2 months after launch, but not really.
    Classic never really appealed to me, i downloaded the demo and yeah ... i know everything and played all of this a lot of times already. Its just old and slow and not much fun for me gameplay wise. You also can't just cut off all of the elitists, that will still be a part of Classic.
    I'm sure the nostalgia is funny and everything and i will also play in the starting week but i don't see myself going to 60 or even to 40.

Deleted
    yes, gladly .. *drooling*