Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Well i'm sure the classic wow fans are pretty happy, and the W3 fans too.
    Yeah and that's about it. More franchises got the middle finger than something meaningful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Blizzcon was pretty good this year outside of the meme-worthy diablo showing.
    Last years Blizzcon was quite lame even with the BfA announcement. But this year's Blizzcon?

Pretty good? lul
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah and that's about it. More franchises got the middle finger than something meaningful.
    -Overwatch got a hero and a cinematic; par the course
    -WoW got its next two content patches discussed and a new cinematic; par the course
    -HotS got a new hero announced and new cinematic; par the course

Like I said earlier; just because you didn't like ONE announcement from ONE blizzard franchise does not make the entire thing a "wash." There's a lot more to blizzard than diablo, and frankly I'm surprised people really expected much of anything.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    -Overwatch got a hero and a cinematic; par the course
    -WoW got its next two content patches discussed and a new cinematic; par the course
    -HotS got a new hero announced and new cinematic; par the course

Like I said earlier; just because you didn't like ONE announcement from ONE blizzard franchise does not make the entire thing a "wash." There's a lot more to blizzard than diablo, and frankly I'm surprised people really expected much of anything.
    I cared more for WoW and the WoW stuff was okay but that's about it. I didn't expect anything from Diablo either but Diablo Immortal even succeeded in making me outrageous. I am quite looking for WC3 and Classic though. So it was okayish. Nevertheless it seems like Blizzard has lost their magic because all of what they showed was super uninspired stuff.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    E-Sports are going to drive a Blizzcon every year from now on.
    Last time they skipped it they had a set of E-Sports tournaments though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Last time they skipped it they had a set of E-Sports tournaments though.
    They didn't have overwatch in 2012
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapporius View Post
    If I shit on your living room carpet, would you call it a happening as well? Idiot.
    What the fuck are you even talking about?

If you did that I would... Well I would do a few things outside the ToS.

You need to learn not to take everything so seriously. Blizzcon wasn't a personal attack on you.
    Here is something to believe in!

Whyd you even make this post?
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    Next year I will wait to see if there is a mount/pet. (Well that is if I am still playing)

I used bnet balance to pay but honestly feel I could have skipped it. I didn't log in to watch anything or play the classic demo. I bought it thinking I would get a pet/mount.

LOL I could use used it to get the meat wagon instead....
    So instead of a pet you got 2 cloaks and 2 toys...
    they have only given mounts twice, last year, and the blizzard bear ten years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Blizzcon will happen every year because of the E-sports.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Blizzcon was pretty good this year outside of the meme-worthy diablo showing.
    I've only been to the last 3 blizzcons but I would say this year was the most lackluster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    9 Blizzcons in, I learned you do NOT go for the information, but to geek out and be a fan (or a raging critic) with like minded fellows. As for Diablo, the announcement was far worse than the actual demo.
    Yep, I go to meet up with my guildies and we have a blast! We rent a house and just party for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    They didn't have overwatch in 2012
    They did for StarCraft and WoW Arena iirc

EDIT: Maybe I don't remember too well? hm. Either way it was some esport event then, even if it was SC2.
    Last edited by Projectmars; 2018-11-06 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So instead of a pet you got 2 cloaks and 2 toys...
    they have only given mounts twice, last year, and the blizzard bear ten years ago.
    True on mounts, but pets have been a thing most other years. I assumed it would have been some type of murloc pet, as that is what we usually get, and since I am a top 20 pet collector on my server, I didn't hesitate to get the virtual ticket.

I will wait and see next year what the items are before buying, especially if they keep the price at what it was this year. No pet or mount, I doubt I will buy it. (Then again, they might not have a blizzcon every year....)

MDI and AWC did extremely well. The AWC was so fucking hype this year honestly. I could see blizzcon happening just for those events.

However there were plenty of panels with great info for all the games. No reason to not do it at blizzcon.

The blizzcons where a wow expansion is announced are usually the best. You can pretty much strike a conversation with everyone and anyone for hours. I went to last years blizzcon (bfa+classic) and it was super hype even if BfA didn’t turn out that well. This years blizzcon was great too just not too much hype around the games overall.

If you ever wanna go I definitely recommend going to a blizzcon where they’ll announce an expansion. Always really exciting and fun due to the sheer amount of people geeking out hardcore and expansions are generally hyped up. If you only want information then just get the ticket or follow a streamer that’ll just read the info to you.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2018-11-06 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They've skipped it before when they had nothing, and this year seems like it was one of those years. It's been very content light across all the franchises. No one would blame them if they did - there's enough precedent.

I'm glad I saved my £35 and didn't get a Virtual Ticket, and I genuinely feel sorry for those who spent the money; especially the more hardcore Diablo fans than I. But even as a WoW and Overwatch player, there doesn't seem to be anything major.

Edit: Also forgot they make StarCraft too, I think they forgot that as well.
    Kind of what I thought, I logged on Monday to MMO-C to see when Classic was coming out, then I look and there is not anything really to report.

15+ Year Old Account
    Very bad edition, probably the worst to date. A bunch of minor announcements thrown together, nothing more. Glad I didnt pay for a (virtual) ticket.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Considering the lack of a Wow mount and pet for the virtual ticket it was pretty obvious they were just trying to milk what they could out of everyone.

5+ Year Old Account
    For what I've gathered, this Blizzcon might have been quite decent if it wasn't for the MONUMENTAL blunder with the Diablo mobile !@#$... I mean, it's like announcing a nicely roasted barbecue (with a rather questionable cook in charge, but that's another discussion) at a vegan convention.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    Becuase $$$$$$
    It does appear to be a blatant cash grab, price increased, mount and murky pet replaced with a reskinned cloak, goodie bag substantial item replaced with a 50c book of pointless snaps ...

First year I have not bought a ticket, as a Diablo nut boy am I glad i didn't

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They've skipped it before when they had nothing, and this year seems like it was one of those years. It's been very content light across all the franchises. No one would blame them if they did - there's enough precedent.

I'm glad I saved my £35 and didn't get a Virtual Ticket, and I genuinely feel sorry for those who spent the money; especially the more hardcore Diablo fans than I. But even as a WoW and Overwatch player, there doesn't seem to be anything major.

Edit: Also forgot they make StarCraft too, I think they forgot that as well.
    for cash, you did'nt know that blizzard is now a greedy company ?