Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't think this could make Anduin a traitor, per se; he's both the High King of the Alliance and the king of Stormwind - he's got full discretionary power to release a prisoner of war if he wishes to. He's still going to have some 'splainin to do to some likely angry generals and other leaders, no doubt; but it's not treason or a betrayal of the Alliance either.
    The house of nobles could be trouble, but then again I'm damn sure Varian probably had them scared shitless enough to the point that they see Anduin as a no go zone...hopefully. If Tyrande finds out it...well that could also be bad.

Deleted
    By the strict rules of the law, I'm not sure how his people will see it if they were to ever find out about it. But one could definitely argue that Malfurion and Tyrande will probably view him and his choices very differently, especially given Tyrande's recently revealed regret at not killing Saurfang. Couple this in with her angry disagreement with Anduin, and I think we could be definitely predict some tension and fracturing in the Alliance between these two, and maybe with Malfurion too as her partner. From her perspective and probably Malfurion's, Anduin would be seen as somebody who has set free the person responsible for slaughtering their lands in Ashenvale and Darkshore and, while he did not intend for the burning, was still nonthless planning on conquering Teldrassil too.

This all hinges, of course, on Tyrande even finding out about this which given Anduin's plot armour will probably never happen, but she and Malfurion were to find out about it, I can't imagine they will see it from Anduin's point of view and will view him as something akin to a traitor. In their greif and anger still fresh after the War of Thorns, I cannot imagine that they will see the upsides or the bigger picture - it will simply be seen as the architect of their near extinction being set free.
    Last edited by mmoc997d567772; 2018-11-06 at 10:36 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Lock 'im up! Lock 'im up! Lock 'im up!

No but really, the only thing ruining this thread is the title. The word traitor detracts from the potential discussion OP's point could bring. Yeah, Anduin is not being honest with his soldiers. Which is a really shitty thing to do to the people who are risking their lives following your leadership.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

How is he a traitor?

He released a high ranking prisoner of war who had not only chosen NOT to kill two high ranking alliance leaders but also declared that he is defecting.

By releasing Saurfang and preventing the public from knowing what is going on, Anduin successfully orchestrated a rebellion inside the hordes faction at little to no actual cost to his own men. If the rebellion is successful, the wars over. If the rebellion is unsuccessful, Anduin just managed to turn the enemy on itself and massively weakened them for no cost of his own.

Anduin isn't a traitor, he's a shrewd tactician who is using his goody-two-shoes image to manipulate his enemies for his advantage.
    Last edited by Velinnaria; 2018-11-06 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Typo

10+ Year Old Account
    he recruited the strongest warrior on azeroth literally, how can he be traitor ? only one of them is traitor, the one who wants to kill his (shitty) faction leader, and Anduin doesn't plan to kill himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You are aware this happens in the same patch where the night elfs have drama because they feel the alliance isn’t doing enough to retake darkshore right?
    u really think blizz will turn them from highschool cheerleaders eye candies to actual amazon warriors like in wc3, after 14 years ? this is a 'mistake' that i bet will fix very soon, or they will shove another SJW female leader in our throats, again
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudas View Post
    "The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you."

Traitors are for the Horde. Corrupted are for the Alliance.
    Two lies already been revealed, none of them point to Anduin being a pawn of the Old Gods.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    The house of nobles could be trouble, but then again I'm damn sure Varian probably had them scared shitless enough to the point that they see Anduin as a no go zone...hopefully. If Tyrande finds out it...well that could also be bad.
    Tyrande and Malfurion would definitely seem to be the most likely to be put out by Saurfang's release - especially as Saurfang nearly killed Malfurion at the end of the War of the Thorns. I don't think Anduin would have to worry about the nobles in Stormwind, they're a pretty ineffectual lot and their power seems to have diminished significantly since the regency in Stormwind was ended. I would imagine Genn, Velen, and possibly Alleria could be brought to his line of thinking - and I'm not quite sure how the Dwarves or the Gnomes would react. Jaina would probably also be against it - but the most severe reaction is likely to come from the Night Elves.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by H1gh Contra5t View Post
    By the strict rules of the law, I'm not sure how his people will see it if they were to ever find out about it. But one could definitely argue that Malfurion and Tyrande will probably view him and his choices very differently, especially given Tyrande's recently revealed regret at not killing Saurfang. Couple this in with her angry disagreement with Anduin, and I think we could be definitely predict some tension and fracturing in the Alliance between these two, and maybe with Malfurion too as her partner. From her perspective and probably Malfurion's, Anduin would be seen as somebody who has set free the person responsible for slaughtering their lands in Ashenvale and Darkshore and, while he did not intend for the burning, was still nonthless planning on conquering Teldrassil too. This all hinges, of course, on her even finding out about this which given Anduin's plot armour will probably never happen, but she and Malfurion were to find out about it, I can't imagine they will see it from Anduin's point of view and will view him as something akin to a traitor. In their greif and anger still fresh after the War of Thorns, I cannot imagine that they will see the upsides or the bigger picture - it will simply be seen as setting the architect of their near extinction being set free.
    And as such, Saurfang will have caused the very same fracturing of the Alliance that he had set out to do.

As for the bigger picture? Anduin isn't the master strategist planning to divide and conquer. The Alliance is winning. If they're low on forces, they need to win quickly rather than wait. If Anduin is counting on Saurfang, then Anduin will wait.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    or they will shove another SJW female leader in our throats, again
    again? who else is a sjw female leader?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdaws View Post
    Anduin isn't a traitor, he's a shrewd tactician who is using his goody-two-shoes image to manipulate his enemies for his advantage.
    That's not how Anduin acts. Be reasonable. Anduin's armies are already winning. Saying he can't beat Sylvanas is a lie. Anduin is just protecting his own morally sensitive bones, which hurt whenever he has to do something not nice.

No. Anduin is more likely to throw away the Alliance's advantage to allow Saurfang time than to capitalize on any vulnerabilities he opens up.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    That's not how Anduin acts. Be reasonable. Anduin's armies are already winning. Saying he can't beat Sylvanas is a lie. Anduin is just protecting his own morally sensitive bones, which hurt whenever he has to do something not nice.

No. Anduin is more likely to throw away the Alliance's advantage to allow Saurfang time than to capitalize on any vulnerabilities he opens up.
    ... That's exactly what he wants you to think. Anduin isn't stupid. You're about to see the little lion rear his fangs.

He is acting according to his feelings. His intentions are noble, but they ignore the needs and desires of his Alliance. Which isn't just Humans. Without consulting anyone, he just released a war criminal into the world. Someone who the Night Elves would want to see punished appropriately. He's not even allowed them to give their opinion.

If Anduin is acting according to his plan to wait for Saurfang to fix shit, what happens to the victory that's mere weeks away? Does Anduin intend to just not take advantage of the blow the Alliance struck? That's what seems most likely. How many soldiers will die due to that inaction? What if something unexpected comes up that cripples the Alliance navies, stripping them of their advantage, because Anduin waited for Saurfang?
    1-Where is said that Anduin will wait for Saurfang to fix shit?For all we know he can just be free to start another rebelion agaisn't Sylvanas, just like Vol'jin, which will weaken the horde.The cinematic said that he can't fight alone, not that he will wait to fight together.

2-How do you know the timeline of events?The cinematic could be before the siege of Zuldazar, After the siege of Lordaeron or just a recruit for Arathi.

3-The intentions are to finish the war and to bring peace, there for goes for the needs and desires of the Alliance.Even if supposely back fires on the way, the Si:7 is on Saurfang's track, as seen by the PTR.

4-You said that anduin will not take the advantage but after the attack on zuldazar Nathanos says the alliance is pressing the attack in all fronts.They are obviously taking advantage.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

10+ Year Old Account
    No Anduin wouldn't go that low but Shaw and Wyrmbane will....

10+ Year Old Account
    I looked at a recent interview, that had some audio recording issues so the transcript is damaged, but see what it says here.

https://old.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...con_interview/

Even with the holes, it reads clear as day. Anduin is keeping his actions a secret, even from the Alliance. The Alliance will even try investigating how it was possible, if I'm looking at this right.
    Seems you have a mistaken idea of what a traitor is... or you know what a traitor is and you decided to go for a clickbait title... nothing further to discuss.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

The Alliance is an Alliance, and he hasn't got absolute power over it as whole. There's no Blood Oath. The duty of the High King is to serve and represent the needs of the Alliance as a whole. Nothing, not even a King, is more important than the Alliance. As the first lie Anduin told goes.
    I don't think the duty of the High King is to represent though. Like the old Warchiefs of the Horde, High King is (or at least was) a military position; his duty is to lead the forces given by other Alliance leaders to his command.

I also don't think he's intentionally lying when he says he can't deal with Sylvanas alone. He usually has a more depressed, grim look on things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zora-Prime View Post
    Don't need to worry about that.

The alliance is boring and will never have any type of internal drama/conflict.
    That's how they like their stories told.
    Yeah...and because "HURP DE DURP KILL ALL HOPE" is really interesting story telling!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zora-Prime View Post
    Not sure how "seeking the power of Elune" qualifies as internal conflict or drama, but I guess the bar for such thing is quite low on the alliance side.
    Yeah...because nothing says internal conflict like having a bunch of races who would be appalled by Sylvanas' actions, just sitting their and doing what they're told! Such conflict right there!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdaws View Post
    ... That's exactly what he wants you to think. Anduin isn't stupid. You're about to see the little lion rear his fangs.
    No. Anduin is guided by his brittle morality bones. He wouldn't be able to do something morally questionable without his bones telling him to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    1-Where is said that Anduin will wait for Saurfang to fix shit?For all we know he can just be free to start another rebelion agaisn't Sylvanas, just like Vol'jin, which will weaken the horde.The cinematic said that he can't fight alone, not that he will wait to fight together.

2-How do you know the timeline of events?The cinematic could be before the siege of Zuldazar, After the siege of Lordaeron or just a recruit for Arathi.

3-The intentions are to finish the war and to bring peace, there for goes for the needs and desires of the Alliance.Even if supposely back fires on the way, the Si:7 is on Saurfang's track, as seen by the PTR.

4-You said that anduin will not take the advantage but after the attack on zuldazar Nathanos says the alliance is pressing the attack in all fronts.They are obviously taking advantage.
    Of course he will wait. He didn't say anything about fighting together, sure. Because Anduin doesn't want to fight and hurt his bones at all.

On the Horde side, they feel like the Alliance is pressing the attack on all fronts. It's certainly true that Tyrande is, but the rest of the Alliance? They have conversations about not wanting to press their advantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Two jailbreaks in two months doesn't look good, at least the city didn't catch on fire this time.
    Yoo ah a croool en nah mee, Zool!

It's not treason but Anduin does know he's a little bitch and the Horde would destroy the Alliance in the end of the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Yeah...and because "HURP DE DURP KILL ALL HOPE" is really interesting story telling!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah...because nothing says internal conflict like having a bunch of races who would be appalled by Sylvanas' actions, just sitting their and doing what they're told! Such conflict right there!
    Actually to both your points .. yes it does.
    It IS far more interesting than a bunch of generic cardboard characters that boring alliance players seem to enjoy.

Want proof that the alliance is boring and the horde isn't? Nobody talks about the alliance on these forums...
    unless its about how much they want High Elves lmao!