Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    I don't think the duty of the High King is to represent though. Like the old Warchiefs of the Horde, High King is (or at least was) a military position; his duty is to lead the forces given by other Alliance leaders to his command.

I also don't think he's intentionally lying when he says he can't deal with Sylvanas alone. He usually has a more depressed, grim look on things.
    The High King is not the Warchief. Anduin is a very hopeful dude who doesn't want to fight. He wants to heal. So he doesn't act to fight the Horde, but to heal it. Which may bite him in the ass when he needs to focus on fighting.

And how will his plans be received when the truth comes to light? If his commitment to victory is so questionable, how can they ever trust him? Even if he pushes for diplomacy and peace, will the Night Elves even accept it?

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    No. Anduin is guided by his brittle morality bones. He wouldn't be able to do something morally questionable without his bones telling him to stop.

Of course he will wait. He didn't say anything about fighting together, sure. Because Anduin doesn't want to fight and hurt his bones at all.

On the Horde side, they feel like the Alliance is pressing the attack on all fronts. It's certainly true that Tyrande is, but the rest of the Alliance? They have conversations about not wanting to press their advantage.
    You didn't answer any of my points that debunk your theory.But...

Of course he will wait. He didn't say anything about fighting together, sure. Because Anduin doesn't want to fight and hurt his bones at all.
    "Not alone"Implying he can't defeat Sylvanas alone, therefor need Saurfangs help, there for they will work together to defeat her!!

Also, they said not to attack during the moment they are mourning the king's death, not that they would not attack at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zora-Prime View Post
    Actually to both your points .. yes it does.
    It IS far more interesting than a bunch of generic cardboard characters that boring alliance players seem to enjoy.

Want proof that the alliance is boring and the horde isn't? Nobody talks about the alliance on these forums...
    unless its about how much they want High Elves lmao!
    You do realize the only character people talk about in the Horde is Sylvanas?

Even pretending that this whole "This forum proves it" matter, there are more people talking about Genn, Jaina, Anduin, Tyrande and Malfurion then there are talking about anything that is not Saurfang or sylvanas.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

I looked at a recent interview, that had some audio recording issues so the transcript is damaged, but see what it says here.

https://old.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...con_interview/

Even with the holes, it reads clear as day. Anduin is keeping his actions a secret, even from the Alliance. The Alliance will even try investigating how it was possible, if I'm looking at this right.
    Anduin didn't betray the alliance by letting him go. He basically asked Saurfang for help, he left his cell door open so he could make a choice.
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

The only thing Anduin has betrayed is the proud lineage of Wrynns who have been king. There was Varian, and before him, Llane, and before him... umhmgm...

Deleted
    His the fucking king of the alliance and is an absolute monarch. He wants to let Saurfang go thats his prerogative. Based on British definition of treason he is literally incapable of commting it.
    Last edited by mmoc8d6f890807; 2018-11-06 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Even pretending that this whole "This forum proves it" matter, there are more people talking about Genn, Jaina, Anduin, Tyrande and Malfurion then there are talking about anything that is not Saurfang or sylvanas.
    They don't talk about them at all actually, but nice try. unless it's in relation to Sylvanas.
    Sylvanas is single handedly carrying the narrative of WoW. Yeah I said it!

Sorry your faction is boring, I wish it wasn't.

Using a defector of your enemy against your enemy is not traitorous. A King doesn't have to explain his plans either.

Traitor is just a word , chill !
    Your goody boy will never leave his Mary Sue posture in the forseenable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Treason to who? He’s the king.
    Treason to the Alliance obviously. From that cinematic we dont see any official pardon. No meeting with the reast of the Alliance leaders to decide his fate. Just him leaving the door open to a war prisoner that not only was a key player on the assault and conquering of Darkshore by the Horde but also the one who almost killed Malfurion and sat idle while Sylvanas burned a tree full of tree hugers.

He might be king and might do and undo as he pleases as your average dictator would do but I wonder what the rest of the Alliance (specially Tyrande) will think if they ever discover the deal.

Feels like a horde player made this to bait people into talking about this. Neither Anduin, nor Saurfang are traitors. Anduin knows, the best way to defeat Sylvanas, with the least amount of casualties on both sides, is by an insurgence being led from within, and crippling Sylvanas from right under her nose. Saurfang wanted Anduin to defeat Sylvanas, but he is not willing to start bringing in non militia to fight the Horde forces, and lose more innocent lives on both sides. The game is world of "war"craft but I would eventually like to see the factions somewhat merge, but it feels like a good chunk of Horde players would never be open to that. Definitely feel like Alliance players wouldn't mind seeing something like that in the future, while still somehow allow pvp to be a thing.

Oh god, are people going to start throwing around the term traitor like they were with the term Mary Sue?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, it feels like someone is confusing High King with Warchief. Anduin is not supposed to be the only leader who gets a say in everything. It's "Alliance", not "Kingdom of Stormwind". The fact that he acts in secrecy proves that he knows others would disagree with him. Night Elves especially would take huge issue with this. Saurfang is the reason Sylvanas was able to conquer Darkshore and burn Teldrassil. He's a high ranking enemy commander that's being released because Anduin doesn't want to get his hands dirty.

I assume that ultimately this act will be justified by Saurfang actually doing something that will hurt Sylvanas' plans and indirectly help the Alliance, but that's meta-level knowledge. In universe, no one can be certain his actions won't have the opposite result.

Does the Alliance Champion get a branching choice here, as well? Is there a quest where they actually get to question their "High King's" decision? Probably not, but someone should really do that in story. Anduin's actions are holding the Alliance back and prolonging this war.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is the High King of the alliance, isn't he? That, by definitions, makes it hard for him to be a traitor. Kings and queens will always do things that cannot become public, that does not make them a traitor.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

So he kept this plan from the alliance as well? Now that is interesting.

I suppose whether he's a traitor or a genius depends on if this ballsy plan actually bears fruit. He's always been too optimistic for his own good. Saurfang may be lead by honor but he was still willing to commit to the destruction of the alliance and the sacking of Stormwind within the confines of said honor.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    Treason to the Alliance obviously. From that cinematic we dont see any official pardon. No meeting with the reast of the Alliance leaders to decide his fate. Just him leaving the door open to a war prisoner that not only was a key player on the assault and conquering of Darkshore by the Horde but also the one who almost killed Malfurion and sat idle while Sylvanas burned a tree full of tree hugers.

He might be king and might do and undo as he pleases as your average dictator would do but I wonder what the rest of the Alliance (specially Tyrande) will think if they ever discover the deal.
    ya it doesn't work that way, either hes high king or hes just the king of stormwind either way he has power in his own kingdom. if the other leaders don't like it that doesn't mean they have any jurisdiction over how he runs his kingdom.

The Alliance and Anduin in particular are infallible, that does not mean that they can't do anything wrong but rather that the warcraft writers will never ever acknowledge anything that would go against this narrative.

There is enough conflict potential in the Alliance but it will never be used.

Trying to find even in minor flaw in a character like Anduin who was specifically created to be the embodiment of flawlessness is ridiculous. It's not like the Warcraft lore follows any rules.

Another +1 for supporting my theory that the next expac deals with civil war and racial pride over faction pride.

Anduin just pissed off worgen and night elves so much.

Even with the holes, it reads clear as day. Anduin is keeping his actions a secret, even from the Alliance. The Alliance will even try investigating how it was possible, if I'm looking at this right.
    My question here, is how on earth does he manage to release Saurfang in secret? ...Kid came down to the Stockades in his full, shiny-gold set of armor, probably clank-clank-clanking all the way along, then Saurfang 'mysteriously' gets out?

..Like...

I'm sure the writers will just ignore that, but really. Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Don't see how this makes him a traitor... He's not broken any laws, done anything illegal, immoral, or that goes against what the Alliance stands for.

People need to stop using the word traitor wrong.
    The problem is that 'traitor' can be a very broad term. You could make the argument, at least, that releasing Saurfang without consulting anyone else is a betrayal of the Alliance, but it's unclear just what the position of King means, or why the Alliance, a group made up of a whole bunch of races, is even beholden to the whims of a hereditary monarch.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKickBan View Post
    My question here, is how on earth does he manage to release Saurfang in secret? ...Kid came down to the Stockades in his full, shiny-gold set of armor, probably clank-clank-clanking all the way along, then Saurfang 'mysteriously' gets out?

..Like...

I'm sure the writers will just ignore that, but really. Come on.
    By this point, the Stockades are about as secure as Arkham prison, so Alliance citizens could very well buy it. Shaw might arrange something that looks like a genuine escape/another Horde stealth mission, supposedly taking advantage of main Alliance forces being busy in Zandalar.

It shouldn't really fool the other leaders, but I doubt we'll see anything come from that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    Oh god, are people going to start throwing around the term traitor like they were with the term Mary Sue?
    They are... buckle up...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.