Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    While people are complaining about zand locks... I am over here still waiting for a new dk race lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    An Exile? And just one? So it means that Warlocks are criminals in Zandalari society then.

You are recruiting the Empire, not some exile. This is a argumen against Zandalari Warlocks. Avoid posting it where devs can see it.
    Zandalari Spiritweavers exist in the Isle of Thunder, they are Warlocks and they are part of the empire. Za'roco I used an example for a recent named Zandalari Warlock, since Blizzard said the Zandalari have no connections to fel whatsoever and then deliberately include a named NPC like that in current content.

Also Demoniacs are part of the lore and have always existed and yes, they served the empire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanarika View Post
    Zandalari Spiritweavers exist in the Isle of Thunder, they are Warlocks and they are part of the empire. Za'roco I used an example for a recent named Zandalari Warlock, since Blizzard said the Zandalari have no connections to fel whatsoever and then deliberately include a named NPC like that in current content.
    A singular exile that potentially tapped into demonic energies? Neat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Why do we see undead paladins
    pandaren dk
    night elven paladin

just cause a few exist does not mean enough for a class.
    you also have to remember
    1. class to race ratio balance
    2. the zandalari may not allow warlocks, while the old zandalari did.
    That has never stopped blizzard from including Classes and even races. I don't recall the Void Elves existing in a number great enough to qualify as a race in itself yet here we are.

And when it comes to those classes, first off Undead Paladins and Night Elves are also combinations that are highly requested, and the Pandaren DK, Dave Kozak actually answer this by saying they actually exist but are rare, and if the Pandaren were a more popular race perhaps people would also ask for them to be playable.

Freethinkers which are the current Paladins for Zandalari were considered heathens in their society and now they were included like they are the latest hot thing, just goes to see how volatile blizzard is when it comes to their own lore.

Realistically, zandalari should be able to be every class. Blizzard already hears enough about Horde bias though, giving something like that to the Horde would only further hammer it home. Maybe when/if the faction barrier is weakened/removed, zandalari will get all of the classes they deserve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    A singular exile that potentially tapped into demonic energies? Neat.
    You have an entire part of the Zandalari Lore dedicated to Demonology thanks to the Demoniacs. I'm not forcing you to accept Zandalari Warlocks but at least don't pretend they don't exist.

Is there that much of a culture difference between Darkspear and Zandalari trolls that prohibits Zandalari from being Warlocks? Like I don't care if they aren't an option but their rationale is kinda stupid since we have seen many a trolls with demon minions

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    Realistically, zandalari should be able to be every class. Blizzard already hears enough about Horde bias though, giving something like that to the Horde would only further hammer it home. Maybe when/if the faction barrier is weakened/removed, zandalari will get all of the classes they deserve.
    I hope so, this is just really sad. I see no reason for them not to be the same number of classes as Darkspears.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No I won't be happy with paladins because I don't like playing paladins, why don't you go and make a post about what future you'd like for Kul'tirans instead of leaving useless commentary in threads like this?
    Just pointing out that you can't always get what you want. Join the club.

And I'm just doing what any hordie here would do in any Alliance post about races complains (aka High elf), the only difference is I'm respectful enough to not say it's whiny crap.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Is there that much of a culture difference between Darkspear and Zandalari trolls that prohibits Zandalari from being Warlocks? Like I don't care if they aren't an option but their rationale is kinda stupid since we have seen many a trolls with demon minions
    If we go by the Lore, Zandalari Demoniacs gave origin to the Gurubashi Warlocks and the Darkspears separated themselves from the Gurubashi Empire, so it makes even more sense that they would know the Demonic arts since they've been practicing them for longer than the Jungle trolls of Stranglethorn.

If we go by the Lore, Zandalari Demoniacs gave origin to the Gurubashi Warlocks and the Darkspears separated themselves from the Gurubashi Empire, so it makes even more sense that they would know the Demonic arts since they've been practicing them for longer than the Jungle trolls of Stranglethorn.
    Right exactly, I even remember questing in vanilla around STV and having to kill plenty of Troll warlocks. They are just making it up as they go now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    Just pointing out that you can't always get what you want. Join the club.

And I'm just doing what any hordie here would do in any Alliance post about races complains (aka High elf), the only difference is I'm respectful enough to not say it's whiny crap.
    I don't go on Alliance posts complaining that Alliance are whiny folks because I don't think they are, if Alliance wants High Elves I say "Go for it, you have my support!" I don't particularly care but I'd be happy for them.

Not to mention I play alliance myself, I play both factions for that matter. If this was about an Alliance race I really loved I'd act just the same.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Also Demoniacs are part of the lore and have always existed and yes, they served the empire.
    Are you aware that the Zandalari who invaded the Isle of Thunder are Zul's followers?

People like Yazma. The evil guys. They are not part of the empire anymore, and especially after the last events (where they sacrificed Loa like Warlocks do with Demons), I think that Warlocks are even more forbidden in their society.

Also, the only thing "Warlocky" on those Spiritweavers is the usage of Shadow Bolt. Oh great lore right here, guys. You should advocate for Zandalari Demon Hunters instead of Warlocks.

I think Blizzard retconned Fel magic usage out of the Zandalari in BfA.

Deleted
    first paladins, now warlocks... what's next? Demon Hunters?

The excuse given seems silly to me. A race doesn't need a special connection to the Fel to be a Warlock. By nature Warlocks tend to be outcasts living on the fringes of their respective societies save maybe for the Forsaken who dgaf. Zandalari can be mages, there's no reason an Empire that old wouldn't also have some of its magic users turn to more insidious schools. Hell even in their reasoning to give Kul'tirans Mages they say they are rare but exist, why does that logic not apply to Zandalari locks?

It would be a shame if they removed the option just to shut up the usual muh Horde bias people who will complain anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Are you aware that the Zandalari who invaded the Isle of Thunder are Zul's followers?

People like Yazma. The evil guys. They are not part of the empire anymore, and especially after the last events (where they sacrificed Loa like Warlocks do with Demons), I think that Warlocks are even more forbidden in their society.

Also, the only thing "Warlocky" on those Spiritweavers is the usage of Shadow Bolt. Oh great lore right here, guys. You should advocate for Zandalari Demon Hunters instead of Warlocks.

I think Blizzard retconned Fel magic usage out of the Zandalari in BfA.
    They also used Drain Soul, the old main Affliction filler.

And what about it? Zul's followers were still part of the empire at the time, and because Zul had Warlocks following him to the Isle of Thunder, it doesn't mean he took with him every single Lock in zandalar, plus they had to come from somewhere, they didn't simply materialize out of thin air to follow Zul.

Demon Hunters are exclusively Illidari, that argument is useless because Zandalari never even joined their ranks or were known to be followers of Illidan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    They should remove monks. No reason a pandaren would teach them that. Plenty of reasons Zandalari would study demon magic.
    Definitely this. It seems like the devs don't even read their own game's lore. The Pandaren have had a very strained relationship with the Zandalari. While generally friendly to all races, the Pandaren are not too fond of the Mogu and the Zandalari, as both empires either subjugated them or tried to.

They didn't remove anything. Incase you didn't notice, Zandalari aren't playable yet and never actually had Warlock available.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2018-11-07 at 12:50 AM.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but a small part of me thinks that they are doing this to drive up hype about these allied races, to create lore discussion. they played coy with zandalari paladins for a year but most people figured they were coming but boy did it result in a lot of discussion. But based on Blizzcon and the ball dropping that took place there, this is probably just stupidity on their part. I mean if you absolutely had to cut a zandalari class? It should have been monks. You just can't show a slide with warlock as a class option at Blizzcon and then a week later say "oops, no warlocks! oh and demoniacs aren't a thing! oh and mages ARE a thing for KT now! hehe!" What is this crap? It is amusing me a little though.

I noticed the different class list almost instantly. The website showed paladin but no warlock but the slide showed EVERYTHING but DK which felt wrong. So I suspected considering one said "Yes Warlock" and the other said "no" That NO was likely the real answer. More over I am surprised at the amount of people who bout a race change for a race that isn't even ready to be added yet. >_>; To many people on both sets of forums just looking for a reason to be hateful and "emotional" over a damned game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.