10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    There you go Europeans. The majority of Americans rejected Trumpism again.
    I would rather more Americans realize this, but we get ‘so now popular vote counts’ deflections instead. American voters didn’t pick Trump, just like we didn’t pick Bush (the first time, but we paid for the second).
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Boo!! 538 turned off their odds bot... both house and senate at 100%. GG?
    Last prediction is showing a +33 seat gain for the democrats, which is not bad at all.

I'm interested to see how many Democrats voted versus Republicans, the margin, and just how much Republicans have to thank a favorable Senate calendar. In 2 years, they really should be scared if Trump continues.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    People need to stop saying the Dem's "lost" the Senate.

That implies we had it in the first place.
    Agreed. We were never going to win the Senate. It actually looks like the GOP could pick up a few seats. Doesn't matter. One side at a time.

Scott Walker is barely trailing Evers in Wisconsin with a little under 74% of the vote in.

McSalley (R) has a slight lead in Arizona with 56% in.

Hyde-Smith (R) is barely leading(.8%) in Mississippi 2 with 81% in.

Missouri is looking to flip red.

McAdams is looking to beat Love in Utah (giving them at least 1 Dem in Congress). Still some interesting races going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Last prediction is showing a +33 seat gain for the democrats, which is not bad at all.
    And you pull me back in!! Refresh, it’s now +34... I think the refresh button just cried a little.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Agreed. We were never going to win the Senate. It actually looks like the GOP could pick up a few seats. Doesn't matter. One side at a time.
    Cubby, i hope that you're happy. Beto carried some dems in texas!
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Seriously. It was stacked against the Dems this time around, and it was only a REALLY long shot that they'd take back enough to lead the Senate. Anyone who was expecting a Dem win in the Senate was only loosely affiliated with how math works.
    That may be, but the Dems are losing seats they were expected to hold in the senate such as Florida and Indiana. There were hopefuls for Tennessee as well. Furthermore they've lost Missouri which was expected to be a lot closer and are losing in Arizona.

These are undoubtedly sub-par results for the "Blue Wave" which while it's likely will take the House, will probably also be facing a slim majority there as well.
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cainejw View Post
    I'm interested to see how many Democrats voted versus Republicans, the margin, and just how much Republicans have to thank a favorable Senate calendar. In 2 years, they really should be scared if Trump continues.
    It’s pretty big margin. It was something like 3 democrats votes were needed for ever 2 GOP, to cause the house to flip.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Investigations start in the house.
    Budgets start in the house.

The odds of the Republicans pushing through a stupid f**king tax cut for their buddies is greatly diminished. The odds of anyone interfering with Mueller is greatly diminished. And the Senate will have to play ball with the Dems because if they don't, nothing passes the house. And vice versa.

It's finally at least a check on Donald Trump.
    Sure, but

1) We already did pass a stupid f**king tax cut
    2) Mueller hasn't really had THAT much interference so far and really does not have much to show for it in terms of taking down Trump. I understand that these things take time and all, but the dems need to stop relying on this being their saving grace.

There is too much at stake to think that we can just go back to the way things were. The dems need to radically change their party and focusing on issues like these will not help them for 2020 / 2022. It will just further invigorate Trump's base, which is already invigorated because Trump is actually smart in that he has kept his base activated the last two years, unlike Obama. Imagine how much worse this would likely have gone for Republicans if Trump hadn't been out there screeching about the caravan and being a nationalist.

This "blue wave" is not at all promising for the future - it has un-delievered in what should have been an easy victory. Taking back the house is the norm, not the exception. We need to stop getting comfortable and start putting in place real changes to the system because I don't see us taking back this country from these people for the next decade at least.
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2018-11-07 at 04:30 AM.

I'm curious who trump will blame for this. Despite it overwhelming being about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    And you pull me back in!! Refresh, it’s now +34... I think the refresh button just cried a little.
    Sorry, I know it's late and I need to get some sleep as well

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    That would be amazing. CNN is saying best case 238-197 DNC win.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I'm curious who trump will blame for this. Despite it overwhelming being about him.
    He's already blaming Paul Ryan for losing the House.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Cubby, i hope that you're happy. Beto carried some dems in texas!
    I am. They are saying while Beto lost he helped a few TX House seats flip. Awesome guy - and he keeps his House seat IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Paul Ryan.

The thing that Democrats have really lost tonight is probably another 1 or 2 Supreme Court Seats.
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    Paul Ryan.
    Wrong. He's gonna blame Baron.

Dems projected to retake House majority and make Trump's life a living hell

The Democrats’ victory transforms the levers of influence in what had been a GOP-controlled Washington, splitting power between the two congressional chambers and guaranteeing that next year will be largely dominated by House investigations into the scandal-plagued Trump administration.

Meantime, Democrats are celebrating the opportunity to wield powerful committee gavels — many with the authority to issue subpoenas and compel testimony — as they prepare to launch promised investigations into potential administrative malfeasance on issues as varied as executive travel, corporate conflicts of interest and family separations at the U.S.-Mexico border.

A key component of the Democrats’ spare campaign message this year was a promise to conduct the oversight of the executive branch they contend Republicans have neglected since Trump took office. And the energized voters who just delivered Democrats the majority will expect them to follow through.

They appear poised to do just that.

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), who’s slated to become chairman of the Intelligence Committee, has vowed to refocus the panel’s efforts on Trump’s financial ties with Russia.

Liberal Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-Ariz.), poised to become chairman of the Natural Resources Committee, is sure to cause headaches for Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke, who’s under investigation by the Justice Department for past business deals.

Rep. Bennie Thompson (Miss.), senior Democrat on the Homeland Security Committee, wants to delve into election security and the financial logic of the president’s promised border wall.

And the next chairmen of the Judiciary and Oversight committees, Reps. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) and Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), are expected to reissue dozens of subpoenas to Trump officials that previously have been ignored. Cummings has said there are so many different areas of the Trump administration he wants to investigate, he doesn’t know where he’ll start.

“There’s so much,” Cummings previously told The Hill.

--------------------------------

I hope that cocksucker Devin Nunes gets the shits tonight...

10+ Year Old Account
    Inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?
    I'm reasonably satisfied with the results. I didn't expect Beto to win, but we fought the good fight regardless and still came close. Only at 64% reporting, so I guess it's not over till it's over, but it's doubtful Beto will make up for the deficit at this point. At least we made Cruz sweat.
    Link to image.

I don't need you to respect me, I respect me. I don't need you to love me, I love me. But I want you to know you could know me if you change your mind.