Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    Well the Republicans weren't favored in the House to being with, so by that logic I guess they didn't lose in the House either.
    the difference is the dems had way more seats up for election in the senate, the house had every seat up, the dems would have had to win nearly every potentially competitive race to win the senate.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing that Democrats have really lost tonight is probably another 1 or 2 Supreme Court Seats.
    What if they are all flying on the same plane and... god forbid... it crashes? Trump can appoint 9, making it 11 in total... but, what if they also have a boating... god forbid... crash that takes them from us. That means Trump can appoint 20!

You laugh, but remember the day music died. God forbid...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Well the Republicans weren't favored in the House to being with, so by that logic I guess they didn't lose in the House either.
    Except Republicans had control of the House and the Senate.

Now Democrats hold the House and Republicans hold the Senate.

Republicans lost control of the House.

Democrats did not win control of the Senate.

And now ms Pelosi is speaking
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

...except they actually held control of the House, whereas the Democrats didn't hold control of the Senate, so they're not really comparable losses/wins (especially with how the Senate map was heavily skewed towards the GOP)

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    The thing that Democrats have really lost tonight is probably another 1 or 2 Supreme Court Seats.
    More of your wet dreams. Who is up for retirement soon again? RBG is going to be there forever. Or until a Dem sits in the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    I know so what's ur point... They did lose the house though. The dems never had the senate to begin with the republicans did have control of the house by comparison. There were a lot dems up for relection as well. Nice try m8.
    The Dems did have Senate seats though, of which they've lost quite a few. Also, with the Republicans likely reaching a 54/55 seat majority in the Senate. It may put the Senate out of reach for them until 2022 as most GOP seats up for reelection in 2020 are in safe red states. So unless Trump miraculously loses in a landslide the Democrats are going to have trouble in the Senate again next time around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    RBG is going to be there forever.
    Nice lie m8
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

More of your wet dreams. Who is up for retirement soon again? RBG is going to be there forever. Or until a Dem sits in the White House.
    She would have to die to get replace tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am happy that the Orange POS in the White House just got the legs cut from under him.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Just place them on ignore people.

I caught part of Ted Cruz's victory speech, which is probably the smuggest such speech I've ever heard. There's such a thing as a sore winner, and that's exactly what he proved he is.

Soooo everyone accused of being racist won, right?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cainejw View Post
    One or two seats from 2016 which will no doubt be trumpeted as a major victory. However, the reality is that they've won 8 races so far tonight in the Senate. Democrats won 21. Had Republicans not received a really favorable start, both chambers would be flipping tonight. They really should be scared in 2020 and beyond as they have over 30 seats coming up in the next 4 years.

Republicans lost the house and lost a lot of Governor's mansions. I don't think anyone with any honesty can call this anything but a wave that was stymied only by a favorite calendar in the Senate.
    Agreed. The Dems win the House with a big margin - one might say a mandate-worth margin - and take over several governor's seats. With the census around the corner, the new maps will be much more fair.

Gillum's loss is a bitter pill to swallow for a lot of people, but I'm old enough to expect betrayal from Florida. But picking up governors and state legislatures is a big deal.

Otherwise really good night. The Senate map was really bad for Democrats this year - of the 33 seats up for election they hold 25 - but they staved off the worst possible damage. Flipping the House is a big deal purely from the standpoint that the administration won't be able to get away with half the criminal shit they've tried to do while Congress looked the other way. Starting January you're going to see cabinet secretaries hauled before committees. And those tax returns aren't going to stay hidden for long.

If you're a decent person you should sleep better than you did two years ago (or at least sleep as well but without the hangover in the morning).
    Last edited by Slybak; 2018-11-07 at 04:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Just place them on ignore people.
    I’m having fun with it...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    at 83% the governor's race for wisconsin still is very close 7,000 votes apart (with scott walker trailing). dare i hope that the juggernaught that is scott walker with be voted out? if he loses i will marry yrel. @Celista
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2018-11-07 at 04:56 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

The Dems did have Senate seats though, of which they've lost quite a few. Also, with the Republicans likely reaching a 54/55 seat majority in the Senate. It may put the Senate out of reach for them until 2022 as most GOP seats up for reelection in 2020 are in safe red states. So unless Trump miraculously loses in a landslide the Democrats are going to have trouble in the Senate again next time around.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice lie m8
    So far, they have lost 2, not "a few". They lost Indiana and North Dakota. They are likely to lose Missouri. Florida will be down to the wire and possible in recount territory. That means they will gain, in all, one more seat than they had yesterday IF they flip 4 seats.

As of now, 34,288,003 democrats voted in the Senatorial election. 27,890,173 Republicans did. That's almost 7 million more Democrats than Republicans. That's no small number, though I understand that Republicans care less about vote numbers than they do winning tallies. Republicans should be very worried if this trend continues in 2020. It's a lot easier to be pissed at Trump in 2 years than it is to be happy with him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moralgy View Post
    She would have to die to get replace tbh.
    y u changeeeeeee

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure two is quite a few, but whatever makes you feel better. Like you've been told several times already, the map couldn't have been more unfavorable for the DNC - in fact historically it hasn't ever been worse. 2020 sees only 8 DNC seats up with 20 GOP seats - and if you thing "red" means "safe" then you haven't been paying attention tonight at all. And it doesn't matter - reality trumps your feels.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    at 78% the governor's race for wisconsin still is very close 4,000 votes apart (with scott walker trailing). dare i hope that the juggernaught that is scott walker with be voted out? if he loses i will marry yrel.
    If Scott walker loses, you'll change your avatar to a draenei?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker