View Poll Results: Do You think we need PvAI (PVE) battlegrounds?

Voters
224. This poll is closed
  • Yes

78 34.82%
  • No

71 31.70%
  • Indifferent

75 33.48%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    Imagine losing to bots... And they whining on forums about Russian bots being too coordinated.
    People lose already to npc's in Warfronts. Losing in AB won't be anything different.

Yes, anything that adds more options to the game is a plus.

Wonder if any botter groups vs blizz AI BGs are going to be played with no humans participating at all?

I don't care but I also don't think we absolutely don't need them. If it pisses off PvP players then it's probably a good thing.

Meh. Maybe they can add bots when people start leaving BGs. Hopefully this gives them the opportunity to improve the tech and apply it in raids/dungeons. Bosses that can counter players dynamically sounds cool.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

Quote Originally Posted by Prime92 View Post
    So the Island Expeditions failure was not enough for them to see their AI sucks massive donkey balls? You're a dreamer, no AI is going to imitate real PvP close enough for you not to see that. The closest anyone came was probably Valve with their DotA2 shenanigans but it was only any good in 1v1 on a single lane.
    Was it a failure? I find it more fun than warfronts or repeating the same dungeon 045599 times.
    And the AI have huge window for improvement, this kind of thing are not perfect from start, have to be improved with data and code tweaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    For the Alliance, so they can have a positive win rate in other BGs besides the big ones.
    I am Alliance. I also recently started taking PvP seriously in Legion and have been improving quickly. And I also give you thumbs up because this is the truth and it hurts xD Really, I hate doing BGs on my human paladin because no matter how well I fight we never win. So give us bots please xD

Jokes aside: I think having PvE BGs as some sort of Easy Mode wouldn't be a problem. For things like the Ashbringer skin in AV (where you have to loot corpses of dead players)... It's a nightmare to do as an Alliance paladin. Especially when it was still fresh content and Alliance was made up of 39 other paladins trying to get their hands on the book.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I really wonder where this "Alliance never wins BGs" myth comes from. My main is Alliance and I win more BGs than I lose, easily. I actually always saw it in reverse....Horde players are often totally incomptent and obsessed with scoring the most kills and ignore objectives. Christ, I don't think I've lost a WSG/TP in a decent while.

But OP, it's just a brawl for shits and giggles. It's likely something of a test to see if the bots can hold their own, so they can design future content with it in mind.

Me too. My Alliance alt (former main since vanilla through Legion) has roughly 65 % winrate in ALL bgs. Some even as much as 70 % and that's over hundreds of games in each bg.

Playing my now main horde character it feels like I lose way more and statistically (from my armory profile) I do. It feels like Horde has gotten worse and worse the more mainstream it became.

I don't like it. And I hope this doesn't bleed out from the brawl into the other bgs. And no, it is not for alliance. It is for people who don't like pvp, but still wants to do bgs for some reason? I have played both faction, but mainly alliance and it isn't half as bad as people make it out to be. Some bgs I have maybe 40% win and others 60%. It evens up quite well and if you are alliance and you lose a lot, the problem might be you, not the faction. I have been in plenty bad horde bg teams, people suck and are amazing in both factions.

Because it wasn't enough to make all the PVE content unlosable, now they want to make BGs a 100% win as well so everyone can be an even greater fucking hero.
    We humans have to stick together

Quote Originally Posted by diarx View Post
    Wonder if any botter groups vs blizz AI BGs are going to be played with no humans participating at all?
    Well maybe we allready have some Bot V Bot only Battlegrounds ...

As others have pointed out: For now, I think it's mainly a matter of trying out their AI tech. I think it's an interesting development. With further improvements, it could probably be used to create more dynamic content, which is definitely a good thing.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think its a great idea to draw in more PVE players to give PVP a chance. A little variety is always great.
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
    Wish more people would take that to heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Maybe if it comes with achievements I can finally finish off the close call victory.
    Yea been stuck on 77 wins in AB for a lot longer than I care to admit to.

It'll be interesting to see if toxicity drops xD
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Deleted
    Its just giving more content to a part of the player base. I really don't see why that could be a bad thing.

Hopefully making pve battleground will push blizzard to make more battlegrounds.

We might all win

Like Skirmishes (barring Arena Week), nobody will actually do them unless they offer a reward.

The impression I get is they're meant to be a 'tutorial' into BGs, but considering WoW isn't gaining fresh blood anymore it seems too little, too late.

Do we *need* them? No.

Might they be a nice addition to the game for people who hate pvp? Probably.

I won't play them because the fun of random battlegrounds is in killing other players, but if Timmy wants to play capture the flag against some bots, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Its just giving more content to a part of the player base. I really don't see why that could be a bad thing.

Hopefully making pve battleground will push blizzard to make more battlegrounds.

We might all win
    It's a brawl, meaning it's going to be around for one week every two or three months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    Dayumn.

Voted when it was 52, 52, 52.

Anywho, went with "yes" because they should utilize those AI for the positive of the game, even if hardcore PVP players won't bite.
    I am surprised the poll is as close as it is tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    So, Blizzard announced battlegrounds with AI as an adversary in 8.2.5. Why? For who? What do You think?
    People how are bad at pvp against real players....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    It's a brawl, meaning it's going to be around for one week every two or three months.
    and if its popular it may become more then that