Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by krl View Post
    Hydra is currently rerolling to rsham for 8.1 because melee cleaves, which can already kill disc, get an additionnal 15% damage for free against you.
    That's what disc should do.
    It's a 5% damage taken increase actually.

Focused Will for Disc is 10% per stack in PvP atm. 2 stacks so 20% (actually 19% but w/e)

In 8.1 they're making Focused Will reduce damage by 15% again, but it can't stack for Disc anymore. So you're losing roughly 5% damage reduction. It's a big deal against Turbo but not the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Exsaven View Post
    It's a 5% damage taken increase actually.

Focused Will for Disc is 10% per stack in PvP atm. 2 stacks so 20% (actually 19% but w/e)

In 8.1 they're making Focused Will reduce damage by 15% again, but it can't stack for Disc anymore. So you're losing roughly 5% damage reduction. It's a big deal against Turbo but not the end of the world.
    you forgot the damage nerf by ~ 10%
    and the attonement nerf by 5%
    and the mana increase on spells
    that ALL on top of taking 5% more damage

I am constantly under the impression that we're not playing the same game. are you sure you're not playing like one of those random EU private servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    you forgot the damage nerf by ~ 10%
    and the attonement nerf by 5%
    and the mana increase on spells
    that ALL on top of taking 5% more damage

I am constantly under the impression that we're not playing the same game. are you sure you're not playing like one of those random EU private servers?
    I was specifically talking about the damage reduction. You seem pretty hurt about me not agreeing with you though, perhaps you should look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Exsaven View Post
    I was specifically talking about the damage reduction. You seem pretty hurt about me not agreeing with you though, perhaps you should look into that.
    I even forgot the weakened soul debuff combined with extra (on top of the overall) mana increase on pw:shield without increasing its absorb.

I am not angry because you disagree with me, I got annoyed because you tried to discredit my post by saying "you can play any build, any comp and anything to 2700 as disc" which obviously isn't the case in the US where even past 2100 youre playing against meta comps 99% of the time.
    Not to mention that having a meta to follow that is used by all the top priests on a meta-oriented region is useful especially if you're new to disc, even if you're not playing on US itself since playing meta gives you an edge over everyone else.
    I still have no idea why you had to come here to bother me with your nonsense instead of making your own thread.
    Last edited by Nuba; 2018-11-07 at 06:16 PM.

You seem to have nothing to say besides ''US>EU'' and ''you're bad''

Not exactly the attitude I'd expect from someone looking to teach people about Disc

Literally 90% of my games are against things like Fire RMPala, DH/Moonkin/RSham, RMP, Jungle and other ''meta'' comps. Pretending like people only play meta on US and not anywhere else is just ridiculous.

Drainer played moonkin/frost mage/disc yesterday on 3100 and was beating Hydra's jungle with it. What exactly is needed for a comp to be good, in your eyes? When the comp you list as best for Disc loses several times in a row to a comp you don't even consider playable, does that not make you reconsider your stance on what's viable?

Also, recommending Jungle to people new to Disc is not a good idea because to heal Jungle (and PHP) you have to actually know what you're doing, whereas with RMP or some Spellcleaves you can actually afford to make some inaccurate plays and still be fine.

I find it much easier to heal my Horde Priest's spellcleave without voice than to heal my Alliance Priest's PHP WITH voice which is at the same rating.

Meta isn't everything.
    Last edited by Exsaven; 2018-11-07 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    I even forgot the weakened soul debuff combined with extra (on top of the overall) mana increase on pw:shield without increasing its absorb.

I am not angry because you disagree with me, I got annoyed because you tried to discredit my post by saying "you can play any build, any comp and anything to 2700 as disc" which obviously isn't the case in the US where even past 2100 youre playing against meta comps 99% of the time.
    Not to mention that having a meta to follow that is used by all the top priests on a meta-oriented region is useful especially if you're new to disc, even if you're not playing on US itself since playing meta gives you an edge over everyone else.
    I still have no idea why you had to come here to bother me with your nonsense instead of making your own thread.
    You really are discrediting yourself completely with your garbage US vs EU debate, especially when you exaggerate it like crazy. You are going to play against meta comps pretty much regardless of your rating, it's just natural for people to want to play the strongest setups they can.

The correct info on your "2700 us is 2200 eu" would, assuming we just go by the rating inflation as a factor and nothing else, be 2700 in EU is equal to 2560 on NA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    You really are discrediting yourself completely with your garbage US vs EU debate, especially when you exaggerate it like crazy. You are going to play against meta comps pretty much regardless of your rating, it's just natural for people to want to play the strongest setups they can.

The correct info on your "2700 us is 2200 eu" would, assuming we just go by the rating inflation as a factor and nothing else, be 2700 in EU is equal to 2560 on NA.
    Oy, just curious - estimated from max rating EU and max rating NA?

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Oy, just curious - estimated from max rating EU and max rating NA?
    No I just went and looked at the last page shown on the ladder which is player number 999 and compared the rating at which they are at. It just happened that the eu was almost exactly at 2700(2701 to be precise) which made it easy to compare.

10+ Year Old Account
    EU supposedly has many more players than US, so being top 5k doesn't even put you at the same percentile in both ladders. Not that going by percentiles works either, since the level of play might be very different on two completely different ladders.