Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Well, retail still has millions of players, that we do know.

The most popular Vanilla private server at it's peak had what, 10k? And sure, if provided by Blizzard more players would want to play as opposed to a private server. So I could imagine maybe 100k at the most will actually play Vanilla within 6 months of its release.

All speculation, but let's put it this way: Do you think Blizzard would not have released Classic years ago if they thought it would be more popular than retail?
    People have serious rose colored glasses for vanilla. I think a lot will initially dip into it and then realize that most of what happened over the years IS an improvement over the original game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    faction was is a front. its pretty much over after 8.1.5 and its off the fish people and old gods.
    as I've said to others. I'd of liked an entire expansion

We will see both 8.3 and 9.0. My doubt is whether we will see 8.4 or not.

8.3, or the last patch (8.4 is still a possibility, if N'Zoth is 8.3 exclusive), will include the fate of the Heart, Azeroth, the big Sargeras Sword, Chamber of the Heart, our king of Diamonds, C'thu... ahem.... old god stuff.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-11-07 at 03:05 PM.

Yes and the people who wants Blizzard to cut content to end BFA asap are really fucking stupid, all it would do is prolong the end of expansion content drought, which no one wants to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    This isn't even in question. They already teased 8.3.

Stop buying the hater talk that this is a WoD2. It's not. Besides the fact you people just hate, the reason WoD was cut short was not cause it was bad. It was an internal workflow/coaching issue with the cancellation of Titan and integration of most devs in the wow team, wich has since been resolved.

A new expansion won't "save or unsave" WoW. You guys will just find another way to hate it and yell how the sky is falling. WoW is fine, BfA is great. Don't like, go away until the next expansion or something.
    We won't have another WoD cause you just will it so. And even if it was, the new expansion wouldn't come any sooner cause you will it so. Do you really want a rushed expansion? So, be wiser than this.

Actually, i think this movement that wants WoD2 is probably the Sylvanas fans trying to be smart and thinking that if the expansion falls through, she will be spared like Grommash was. Not gonna happen.
    Sheep gonna sheep. This never changes with gaming communities. It's a herd.

Maybe you will, but I for sure won't. Not giving them another cent.

I am still of the mind that the next expansion will be focused on N'Zoth and that BfA will set that expansion up (the way the end of WoD set up Legion). Seems super wasteful to expend N'Zoth on a faction war expansion (especially when there is still a lot more they can do with said faction war).

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    LOL at "faction war expansion". The pinaccle of ignorance. Must be a bliss.

Also LOL at this thread. BFA is perfectly fine. It's not as innovative as Legion was but with the exception of a few problems here and there which get fixed with the upcoming patches, it's perfectly fine and enjoyable. A new expansion won't save shit if they don't know how to fix the current one. Which as I said, is pretty much decided so if you still have a problem with the game just leave. Let the people who properly appreciate it enjoy it, without getting in our way.
    So people should stop talking about how they feel because it makes you not enjoy the game? What about people who want the game to be fixed so they can enjoy it again? They should just shut up because your sense of enjoyment of the game is effected by people's opinions? What an entitled baby.

I don't really want to be done with N'zoth in this expansion either but cutting the expansion short is evern worse.
    Last edited by Archmage Alodi; 2018-11-07 at 03:34 PM.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Sheep gonna sheep. This never changes with gaming communities. It's a herd.
    Haters gonna hate. This never changes with gaming communities. It's a vocal minority.

You just get confortable for these 2 years of BfA special one. I'm looking forward to your continued crying.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-11-07 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    8.3, sadly it seems like we're wasting N'Zoth in the 'faction war' expansion.

Because N'Zoth and his minions could never have carried his own expansion /s
    Guldan bridged WoD to Legion I would not be surprised if N'Zoth did the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    This isn't even in question. They already teased 8.3.

Stop buying the hater talk that this is a WoD2. It's not. Besides the fact you people just hate, the reason WoD was cut short was not cause it was bad. It was an internal workflow/coaching issue with the cancellation of Titan and integration of most devs in the wow team, wich has since been resolved.

A new expansion won't "save or unsave" WoW. You guys will just find another way to hate it and yell how the sky is falling. WoW is fine, BfA is great. Don't like, go away until the next expansion or something.
    We won't have another WoD cause you just will it so. And even if it was, the new expansion wouldn't come any sooner cause you will it so. Do you really want a rushed expansion? So, be wiser than this.

Actually, i think this movement that wants WoD2 is probably the Sylvanas fans trying to be smart and thinking that if the expansion falls through, she will be spared like Grommash was. Not gonna happen.
    BfA is NOT great but I do agree that WoW will be fine as long as Blizzard keeps fixing the mistakes they made recently. Legion was the best expansion ever and to follow it up with the steaming pile of shit that is 8.0 is an embarrassment. 8.1 is a step in the right direction.

8.3, sadly it seems like we're wasting N'Zoth in the 'faction war' expansion.

Because N'Zoth and his minions could never have carried his own expansion /s
    We can hope that N'zoth just appears in 8.3 rather than gets thrown in the trash

Quote Originally Posted by Improtaight View Post
    Hi,

do you think we'll see a 8.3 or will blizz just out of scope it in favour of 9.0?
    trying to save the current state of WoW seems like that's the best course of action.
    so many things have to happen/change in 8.2, think its just better to start a new exp.

i have seen some people saying that a lot of devs were pulled out of 8.2 and 8.3 to work on 9.0, but i guess those are just theories.

what are your thoughts?
    Devs always gets moved around, like when the story department is done with the story for the expansion and all patches they will move on to the next expansion.

Same with quest and all other parts, when 8.0 is released small teams will start on 9.0 expansion and then they will just move people over to 9.0 expansion the closer they get to being finished with 8.0 expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Guldan bridged WoD to Legion I would not be surprised if N'Zoth did the same.
    But azshara was supposed to be the guldan of this expac. So maybe N'zoth will be more of an ominous rising at the end of 8.3 instead

Yea will be even to 8.4!
    Beta 8.0.1 is close to over, real expansions lauch with 8.1, for real!
    Thanks! All good!

On the topic of death, while possibly irrelevant, N'zoth is the only old god that uses deathrattles (and specifically necromancy) in heartstone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    People have serious rose colored glasses for vanilla. I think a lot will initially dip into it and then realize that most of what happened over the years IS an improvement over the original game.
    Definately.

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    by the current flow of content and how they work on some mechanics, I think we might even see 8.4 and 8.5
    Activision would never allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    So people should stop talking about how they feel because it makes you not enjoy the game? What about people who want the game to be fixed so they can enjoy it again? They should just shut up because your sense of enjoyment of the game is effected by people's opinions? What an entitled baby.

I don't really want to be done with N'zoth in this expansion either but cutting the expansion short is evern worse.
    There is a big difference between stating your opinion in a constructive manner and simply whining without much thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Improtaight View Post
    i liked how you say "The pinaccle of ignorance. Must be a bliss.", and "it's perfectly fine and enjoyable" in regards to BfA.
    the sub account constantly dropping disaggears with you.
    most of the new features, Warfronts, Island exp, the main aZZzerite armor is a flop.

first exp i see that people are quitting after 2-3 months from launch.
    And where did you see the sub account constantly dropping :3 Island expeditions are quite fun. Warfronts are relaxing and Heroic Warfronts will fix the difficulty problem for the less casual players. Azerite is getting its fixed in next patch. And yes, the game is enjoyable. I am enjoying it. If you don't, that doesn't necessarily mean the game needs to change. Maybe it means.... you do?

the fuck are you even talking about ignorance? what the fuck?

The expansion was sold as a 'faction war' expansion. that's just a fact. I'd of preferred N'zoth got his own dedicated expansion from start to finish, not introduced at the tail end of the expansion.

its really not a difficult concept to grasp. I'd of wanted N'zoth to have his own expansion, like the lich king got, were the majority of it was used to explore old god lore and the black empire. Not be split between the war and the old gods.
    Never was it sold as a faction war, sorry. The fact you ignored all the hints at the announcement a year ago is your own problem. They even said it in the interviews back then - that it's not just a faction war expansion. Were you even paying attention? THIS is the N'zoth expansion lol. Although he might get postponed till next one. Regardless, they've been preparing him throughout all of Legion and they have given him more than enough spotlight in BFA. Now is his time. Also the Old God story doesn't end with N'zoth. The sky is the limit.