Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

What happened to #NoChanges?

From very early on, there has been an extremely vocal group of players, on this forum and others, screaming that #NoChanges or they will leave. Various claims have been made, saying that if ANY changes are made:

- No one will play and the game will fail
    - It wont be 'classic', but rather a new game
    - New players wont be interested and will just play retail
    - Vanilla players will reject it and stay on private servers

Plus many more obviously.

From day 1, outside of throwing the odd #NoChanges in a sarcastic and ironic way, i have said that Blizzard will make numerous changes to how vanilla was, but will drip feed them to the community, and present them in a way that the community will accept and even embrace them. "No way man, we will see it coming and reject the changes! #NoChanges!"

The changes are happening, some might be considered smaller (changes to animations, lighting, and graphics in general), some much larger (sharding confirmed for Classic). Now that it is obvious that Blizzard are making many changes from Vanilla into Classic, is the community pretty much just accepting it? Where do you sit with the change;

- Ignore them (no, those changes are not CONFIRMED, just a rumor)
    - Justify them (Yeah but they HAD to make those changes and its only for launch!)
    - Accept them (It wont ruin the game for me, so i dont mind)
    - Embrace them (I think the changes are mostly for the good of the game)

But thats just my opinion, i would LOVE to hear your thoughts on the matter in the comments down below.
    LETS JUST JUMP INTO IT.

Deleted
    I suspect most of them weren't even planning to play Classic, they were just throwing #NoChanges to piss off reasonable players and hoping Classic would fail because of all bugs and old code.

It was clear from day one that developers would use modern WoW code. No sane developer would use 15 years old code.

The only changes confirmed is some of the graphics and lightning changes which everyone was fine with asking as the models stayed as close to the same and the looting change which as Ion pointed out was.available during classic just took longer and more resources on the support team.

Sharding isn’t confirmed, the media interview Brian said it will only be used as an absolute last ditch effort if it comes to that. And that it is the best tool they have for server stability. Considering I doubt the servers will have as many people as they did back in classic 2500 and will probably be closer to 5000 - 7500 which yes is a change but is also another change people expected to come.

#nochanges

Quote Originally Posted by Tyszka View Post
    The only changes confirmed is some of the graphics and lightning changes which everyone was fine with asking as the models stayed as close to the same and the looting change which as Ion pointed out was.available during classic just took longer and more resources on the support team.

Sharding isn’t confirmed, the media interview Brian said it will only be used as an absolute last ditch effort if it comes to that. And that it is the best tool they have for server stability. Considering I doubt the servers will have as many people as they did back in classic 2500 and will probably be closer to 5000 - 7500 which yes is a change but is also another change people expected to come.

#nochanges
    Yeah, so you fall into the first two options. Pretending the changes are not happening, and moving the goal posts for #nochanges. Not 'everyone' was ok with graphical updates. Dont confuse your personal opinion with that of everyone else.

If any changes like LFR or sharding will be there... i will still play on private servers. Simple as that.

Many private server players weren't really planning to play Classic and used #NoChanges more like a threat and a legitimate excuse to stay on private servers which was what they wanted to do in the first place. These people hate Blizzard with a passion and don't want anything to do with them. They want a Blizzard endorsed Nostalrius private server, nothing else will be good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    If any changes like LFR or sharding will be there... i will still play on private servers. Simple as that.
    It's pretty weird to equivalate lfr and sharding. One makes the game better and the other is a shit show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    - Based on what? I will play it so you are wrong.
    - It will never be a full classic game, regardless.
    - I never played Vanilla, I still want to play it.
    - Why? People want to play with their friends in current guilds. Private servers are shit.

I don't get it. People have been wanting Classic server for YEARS, still people complain.
    Last edited by Tyze; 2018-11-07 at 09:26 PM.

Pretty sure most people deep down inside understood that it wouldn´t be 100% the same game, not like they could leave in game breaking bugs and not working quests just to be 100% authentic with wow back then.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the #NoChanges crowd is reasonable and just wants to enjoy a somewhat authentic vanilla experience. There are certain "suggestions" the community has brought forth that just need to be shouted down. Most of the changes we know so far are to be expected or in some way justifyable.

Colourblind mode doesn't matter to 95%+ of the community
    Modern bnet chat integration was to be expected, and restrictions on PvP realms are on the table
    Graphics is kinda eh. I understand they do want it to be appealing to newer players aswell, and it still looks very similar
    Sharding is a very tough pill to swallow, but they do have good reasons for it beyond server stability

Most people are just happy it's real. I still watch the 2017 announcement a couple times a week.

The #nochanges crowd is here. We're quiet because there aren't really any changes confirmed. Even if some trolls would make you believe otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    From very early on, there has been an extremely vocal group of players, on this forum and others, screaming that #NoChanges or they will leave. Various claims have been made, saying that if ANY changes are made:

Plus many more obviously.

From day 1, outside of throwing the odd #NoChanges in a sarcastic and ironic way, i have said that Blizzard will make numerous changes to how vanilla was, but will drip feed them to the community, and present them in a way that the community will accept and even embrace them. "No way man, we will see it coming and reject the changes! #NoChanges!"

The changes are happening, some might be considered smaller (changes to animations, lighting, and graphics in general), some much larger (sharding confirmed for Classic). Now that it is obvious that Blizzard are making many changes from Vanilla into Classic, is the community pretty much just accepting it? Where do you sit with the change;

- Ignore them (no, those changes are not CONFIRMED, just a rumor)
    - Justify them (Yeah but they HAD to make those changes and its only for launch!)
    - Accept them (It wont ruin the game for me, so i dont mind)
    - Embrace them (I think the changes are mostly for the good of the game)

But thats just my opinion, i would LOVE to hear your thoughts on the matter in the comments down below.
    LETS JUST JUMP INTO IT.
    So, where did you find confirmation that the changes to animations are going to be in?
    They specifically noted that the game is STILL being developed and they're doing side-by-side comparisons all the time.

The ONLY thing that has been confirmed is that they'll likely use sharding at the start in the starting zones, and the loot distribution thing that I am not convinced that they'll keep around after realizing the impact it will have on dungeons and pretty much promoting ninjalooting at that.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    The #nochanges crowd is here. We're quiet because there aren't really any changes confirmed. Even if some trolls would make you believe otherwise.
    Pretty much this, no changes have been in any way confirmed by Blizzard and they've even stated that they're using the 1.12 data as "sacred data", that they won't change at all.

Did this guy not watch the classic panel at blizzcon lol?

We arent getting any real changes aside from the technical ones that were inherent in porting a 12 year old client to modern infrastructure.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It's pretty weird to equivalate lfr and sharding. One makes the game better and the other is a shit show.
    both are a shitshow.. especially if sharding is implemented permanently in every zone

Good luck finding any after the inevitable mass C&D wave from Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Good luck finding any after the inevitable mass C&D wave from Blizzard.
    they cant really do shit about the ones located in Russia etc.

There is no single private server that is good enough.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, so you fall into the first two options. Pretending the changes are not happening, and moving the goal posts for #nochanges. Not 'everyone' was ok with graphical updates. Dont confuse your personal opinion with that of everyone else.
    If you dont want graphical updates you can turn them off.
    who cares about the graphics really, if you were UNABLE to change it back, sure i would agree but...

This made me cry when i noticed this button existed and i changed from new graphics to old, the nostalgia overflowing was just so good...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Both are bad features. Neither of them makes game better.

LFR is anti-social shit show. Sharding splits community. There are no redeeming qualities in either feature in social multi-player game, so they work really well on retail that is mostly a single player anonymous game now.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Many private server players weren't really planning to play Classic and used #NoChanges more like a threat and a legitimate excuse to stay on private servers which was what they wanted to do in the first place. These people hate Blizzard with a passion and don't want anything to do with them. They want a Blizzard endorsed Nostalrius private server, nothing else will be good enough.
    As a frequent visitor to the WowClassic subreddit, and a regular commenter there, I couldn't agree more.

There is a subset of very toxic Private Server players, that clearly are looking for an excuse to avoid paying for an official version of Classic.

They don't want to be subjected to Blizzard's reasonable moderation. They don't want to have to upgrade their system to play the current client. They don't want to pay a sub fee.

They hide behind excuses and other rationale, but that seems to be the core motivation of certain PS players.